Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

parents suck
  yes
View Results

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:31 am
I don't hate my parents because they have always supported me in anything I chose to persue. They were always there for me.

Yes I threw my fair share of temper tantrums when I was a teen with the whole "no one understands me" thing, but really my mom and dad did the best they could (and they really did let me get away with a lot of things).

Of course when I hear stories about how bad some people have it, and how wretched their childhood was it does make me all the more appreciative of having the parents I did. They were never abussive, and always loving (even when I was being less than reasonable). Whenever I truely wanted something they did their best to make it happen as long as I was willing to put forth some effort towards a goal.

It is true though.. once you move out on your own you realize a lot of the things you're parents ask/tell you to do aren't to be mean but really to help you out later on in life (like cleaning up after yourself, etc.)

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of the "I Hate you and I never want to see you again" is really hormones unless your parents are heaping abuse on you. I know when I was around 12 my mom was my best friend in the whole world, would listen to my problems, and always be there to talk to.. then when I hit my teens suddenly I felt like she was just trying to restrict me, to keep me from doing the things I wanted to do. In all honesty I was just being a self centered little brat and I can look back and realize that now. -_-*

Of course I also lucked out that my parents are still happily together. That really does make a huge difference. I've never been used as a tool to get back at someone, and for that I'm truely thankful. The high rate of divorce now-a-days is a sad thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:29 am
OK so I am 21 and haven't been living around my folks, mother in particular, for almost 4 years. Thee was a time when I tried to work things out with my folks. My dad is a great person until we talk about "back then". I understand it's a soft spot for him, and I can see where I get my short fuse, but yeah the convo doesn't last long. Then he never talks to me. He makes sorry excuses when I try to make plans with him anymore. How much do I keep trying until it becomes a lost cause? Then there's my mom. I was there for her at her bedside every time she came close to death. When my grandfather died, we took her to his funeral. She had an open wound the size of my head exposing all her insides. She was in the hospital for nearly 3 years, and I even learned how to be a nurse to help her in every way I could to make her better. And yet somehow she never has shown ANY sort of love or appretiation towards all the things I have done for her. She still puts me down, and when she gets pissed off she won't let me see my brother. No matter how much I try to talk to her, to make things better, she never coincides. And all this stuff with her husband, I knew about this when it started, and all the suffering I had to go through with him, all the times I told her, then she calls me a liar. It took her finding out for herself so many years later to find out what a piece of s**t he was. And she has NEVER said she was sorry. Not once. No implication.

So is it age? Is there a maturity level to getting along with your parents? do I not have a reason for despising them? This is just the tip of the iceberg folks.  

DMSeraphim

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:03 am
puff93
i do, there so lame they are seperated, and sometime i feel like a slab of meat . i'm concisntly be fighted over im sick and tired of being of being treated like dirt, tell me about ur familt troble and we can form a suport group and help each other outsize=18]ya!

My parents piss me off quite a bit usually, but my dad is the worst do to the fact that he is kicking me out of the house by June...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:26 am
DMSeraphim
What does age have anything to do with it?

Because most teenagers that hate their parents will probably get over it, as they say "it's just a phase"

Your case is a special one, though, and you actually have a reason to hate/dislike them or at least be angry with them... but most teenagers don't.

I'm too old for the "normal" teenage-parent-hate, but if I had parents like yours, I'd hate them too...  

DeathIsInLoveWithMe

2aetH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:25 am
DMSeraphim
What does age have anything to do with it?

I think it's more of an emotional age than a physical one. Maturity level, per say.

Your parents are your parents. They're not your friends, your lover, or someone to push around. They gave birth to you, they care about you.

And unless they've never given a s**t about you and TOLD YOU THAT TO YOUR FACE, they still love you.

Parents are humans too. They ******** up and make mistakes just like everybody else, and you shouldn't expect them to do otherwise. They do hold a certain degree of authority over you, so if you're expecting them to jump off that pedestal and hold themselves at eye level with you, well, it ain't gonna happen until you're a bit older. Even then, it might not happen. Stop getting pissy over it.

Another thing: yes, I know divorces ******** things up, but I'd rather have a divorced mom and dad who are happier than them together fighting all the time.

There is only one person here who I feel sympathy for. The rest of you need to grow up and stop going "boo hoo, I hate my parents because they don't understannnnd me," when all you do is lock yourself in your room and dress in black and freak them out.

Damnit, it took me a year at least to explain to my parents that I liked dressing the way I do, and yelling "OMGAH YOU ALL DON'T GET ME" doesn't help things at all. If you're doing something different, and your parents are ragging on you over it, it's because they don't understand why you're doing it. So sit down and think of a decent reason, then go explain it to them. Maybe it'd help.

As for custody battles, yea. Go talk to them about it and explain how you feel. This reasoning seems a bit repetitive because it IS.

The world would be an easier place if everyone could sit their asses down and talk to someone about how they're feeling. You don't know how they'll react, after all, until you actually do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:32 am
I did have a certian amount of hostitlity, towards my parents when I was younger; but I feel I rather outgrew that about the time I entered middle school. That was just a messed up time for me. But I never hated them. They were little short of saints, god rest their souls. After all, they put up with me.  

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25

tears_of_blood_452

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:47 am
I used to hate my father with a pasion because of alot of things he had done to me. I am still mad at him, and my mother for not doing anything about it, but I am a peace loving person so I forgave hime them. But I do not love them  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:07 pm
I have been extremely lucky. I've never hated my parents or even harboured irritation at them for more than a few seconds at a time. I may have had my share of sudden teen mood swings, but they recognised what a difficult time of life it was and I knew that they never lost sight of that. Knowing that they'd always do their level best to stay reasonable inspired me to squelch my petty rages and stay more or less reasonable too.

I can sort of understand the feeling of hating your parents, especially if you're going through the hell almost everyone has to suffer between the ages of 13 and 18. Most of us have had moments when we just feel overwhelmingly snappy. And any parent who cares about their kids is bound to find this sort of thing painful, especially if they felt like they were really close to their children before puberty hit. They may not always know how to handle it, and they might even say something insensitive out of frustration... because, after all, they're human too.

Keep in mind that parents can feel lost and confused, too. Any decent parent will want to communicate with their kids, and will feel despondent during that natural process we go through of testing our independence and starting to grow away from them. It's hard for them to know when they should step in an set limits and when they should trust our judgement... and sometimes what we do can leave them totally stumped.  

Veruniel
Crew

Nephilium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:29 pm
I don't hate my parents anymore. I'm old enough to realize that they can't be perfect. I love my mother to pieces but I also wish my father to the bottom of the ocean, he was a abusive jerk.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:44 pm
Think harder into this. Those of you who said yeah without exlanation, think about it.

Both your parents are dead. For the first, say, week you'd love it. Eventually you'll need food. Then you'll wind up getting adopted, then you'll have to move. Does that sound great.

I hate my parents as much as the next person, but I couldn't live without em!

Kinnera

tamachan414

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:47 pm
i looooove my parents!!! They're good most of the time, sometimes i get mad at them but feh  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:55 pm
I do not really hate my parents. Sometimes I may disagree or have an argument with my mother, but sooner or later we will be fine. She is very loving and she would do anything for me. My dad, I never met so I do not know about him. I think my step father does care about me but he gets on my nerve sometimes. We rarely talk. I have more of a problem with the rest of my family than my parents  

Ninja-xx-love

puff93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:08 pm
DarkPrincesa
I am also to old to "hate" my parents... and age helps because it lets you get away. I no longer live at home. It makes it much eaiser to deal with the stuff that used to drive me crazy. My mom is lazy, selfish and self indulgent. I couldnt stand her when I lived at home. Our relationship is still a bit strained but the longer I have been away the better it is.

I have never had any problems with my dad. I am 110% Daddy's girl... I was lucky to have a father who treated me with respect and as an adult even when I didnt deserve it.

my dads great but he maried the spon of satian........................ gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:37 pm
my mother has been trying to control my life for a long time now, and constantly bitches at me so that i feel like everything i do is wrong. so yeah...at times i do hate her, but i know that she thinks she has my best interests at heart, even though my best interests are nowhere close to what she thinks they are. my beliefs are consistently criticized in this household if ever i speak them, because my mother is a hardcore christian. and i do not believe in the christian god, but am pagan myself. in fact, the only reason i'm living here is that with rent being as high as it is, i need a place to live while i finish highschool.  

DR490N

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:55 pm
Hell, I don't know them. But I really couldn't care less about them, just because of the fact that I don't know who they are.

My grandparents, however, I respect them. They do the best they can. I don't believe in love existing without romance, so I label this as a respectful relationship, in which trust is the utmost factor.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff