Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get 10 gold
  and give it to me!<3
View Results

Laughing Platypus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:50 am
Well I think I still have some Asian to give.
But my white-washy side shows up a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:51 am
I'm not completely white-washed. I like a lot of Asian music, and I can still speak Vietnamese. I don't know how to use Photoshop...I don't even have photoshop. eek I was talking to my friend the other day and I was said I love All American Rejects. She said I was white-washed. stare  

xlilaznxcutiex

Azn Fcuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:08 pm
Twinkie biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:25 pm
I agree with the rest of the people in here when they say you're stereotyping yourself. Though, you can't blame yourself for not knowing how to use photoshop or not listening to asian music or not knowing about your culture. Those who live out of Asia will be white-washed wheter or not they don't want to lose their own culture.

Deep inside, you'll always be asian. That's who you are, even if you're not living in your country.

I have Photoshop. I listen to Asian music a lot and I know about some Asian culture. I also speak vietnamese fluently, but I'm still white-washed since I love American/French music too. Even so, I was white-washed for a long until I became asianified a few years ago. =]

Even so, you'll still be asian wheter or not you don't know any asian singers, you don't listen to asian music. Live your life as it is, it doesn't matter.

Miss KP

bamboowitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:39 am
Gah All parents call their children 'bananas' Its stupidd but anyhow I understand your message but I think you're worrying to much- you are still asian inside no matter what, its in the blood.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:11 pm
nope, im so asian. not trying to make you feel bad though. but i just got my haircut and i style it totally different. the boys call me "tokyo drift" i love that name.  

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

Paper_Penguin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:27 pm
choseloveoverlust
nope, im so asian. not trying to make you feel bad though. but i just got my haircut and i style it totally different. the boys call me "tokyo drift" i love that name.

domokun isnt tokyo drift a movie?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:34 pm
    Your friend is stupid.

insert weird name

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
OMG

you mean--

--a Twinkie!?

or an Asian-American!?

>.>;;

naaw. you FOB. xDD;;

JUST KIDDING.

don't take these typical Asian stereotypes for granted.
and tell your friend to look beyond the stereotypes.
You are still Asian by ethnicity and nationality...you just don't act like one. or at least a stereotypical one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:06 am
hey...
uh, i'm asian living in asia, south east, to be specific.
and i suck at ps.
even though the school teaches it.
i dun even have it.
and...
well, as long as you like you culture from the heart, you dun need to know it well, you are still asian.
it runs in the blood.
ah wells.
((:  

kt_jingle

harmony.of.dissonance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:52 pm
babybluebutterfly
I went over to a family friends' for dinner for Chinese New Year. Their daughter (a friend of mine) made me realize that I was totally un-asian. I'm not into asian pop culture at all, I don't know celebs, and I suck at photoshop. It's enough to convince me... emo

What about you? Are you still asian or have you been white-ified?

Ah, don't worry so much about how "asian" you feel you're supposed to be. Being yourself is much more important than holding yourself to a stereotype.

Being adopted into a completely American family, you could say I'm a white-washed twinkie, but I really don't mind at all. Those stereotypes are a joke and are meant to be that way. I myself can't speak my native language (I'm 100% Korean by the way) and I know very little about the pop-culture and the culture in general.

I'm sort of a whiz at photoshop though, but that's because I spend a lot of my time on the computer, not because I'm asian.

It's cool that you got to celebrate the Chinese New Year, traditions like that are always something special.

If you're worried about not knowing so much, then you can always learn later.

Be proud of yourself, regardless of how you act or how "Asian" your personality is, you're still your own self in the end.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:25 pm
[. 聖ルヂーと言う:]

Ha, no wai. One of my friends even described me as "Black on the outside, Asian on the inside." I'm Black/Asian, and I feel like I belong to both of my cultures regardless of whatever stereotypes people have decided about them. So maybe I don't look as Asian as some of my Asian friends, or I'm not fantastic at DDR. I don't listen to rap music and my family doesn't really have any traditions for Chinese New Year.

Asians do not act a specific way. Every human being is unique, and those stereotypes don't make you any more or less Asian than an Asian who fits every last stereotype about Asians on earth. As long as you take pride in yourself and your culture, it shouldn't matter what other people do or think.

Ouiaboo

Chibi-Speck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:12 pm
I'm half Korean and my white side shows up when I dance and talk(I kinda have a Hoosier accent 'cause I live in Indiana....) I speak perfect English and both my parents were raised in the south, but I still know I'm Asian and proud of it. 3nodding ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:08 am
*scoffs* of course it does. (sarcasim)

No, I'm 100% Chinese, I lived in Hong Kong, and I still don't care about the music stars, though some are pretty cool. I'm not at all good at Photoshop, and My body shape doesn't even look asian, I look very plain... Not skinny short asian but average sized asian. I'm perfectly fine with who I am. I don't need to prove what I am because I'm human like everyone else.

[~Lam~]

Playful Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:06 pm
I'm more of a really light yellow with some normal yellow splashes

I was completely whitewashed but now I'm more asian like now.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff