Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Grim Dead- FINISHED! READ! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matt/Chaise should die...
...being stabbed with bendy straws
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
...by rabid, flesh-eating prarie dogs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
...MIA should kill him!!!
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Yo, Lhia! News Flash! MATT shouldn't die! (Chaise should!)
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 pm
"Don't kill me...please... don't..."

"Ella, I have to. I'm sorry. It'll save you so much pain and suffering. Please let me do this."

"You have your own reasons for everything, Matt. All I know is that I don't deserve to die."

"Oh, Ella... I'm so sorry. I... I love you."

Her terrified shriek rent the air, and it seemed to break Matt's heart in two as well...

Matt blinked. No. He had been hallucinating. That was all. It was just a daydream.

Oh, Ella, he thought, why do you still have to haunt me?

Ella was Matt's old girlfriend. He had saved her in a car crash when she was seventeen years old. He had been four years older than her at the time, and he had been the Grim Reaper for nine years. She had been a companion to him; someone who could help him with his burdens. That was, until the horrible news came.

In the car crash, Ella had needed a blood transfusion. The blood that the doctors had used had been infected with the HIV virus. There was always that possibility when someone got a blood transfusion. But when this information hit Matt and Ella, they were totally unprepared. Matt (being already dead) could not catch the virus from her, but the thought of him having to lay his own girlfriend to rest was enough to make him miserable. As Ella's health gradually worsened, they had both realized that there was nothing either of them could do. HIV became AIDS, and Matt stayed by her side through every cocktail she took, every dose of pills that she swallowed, until, one day, the time had come for her to die. Her last words always haunted his dreams, almost to the point that he didn't sleep.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Wow. its gonna be hard for Matt when or if the time comes to kill the girl!

by the way, when i say 'the girl', i mean Mia  

8minbefore

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm
8minbefore

I knew that. smile I ain't dense.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:24 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
8minbefore

i know you aren't dense! i was just saying for all the other dense people out there rofl  

8minbefore

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:39 am
8minbefore
Lhia_Dunwaith
8minbefore

i know you aren't dense! i was just saying for all the other dense people out there rofl

Okay! (sorry, I had to squeeze your two posts that were in a row into just one; it took up a bit too much room. Is that ok with you?)

*UPDATE!!! Sorry I haven't updated! No, I haven't died, I've just been lazy.*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm
"This isn't good, Michael."

"What's not good?" Michael listened for what Harriet might have been referring to. He heard nothing.

"It's silence. Silence is never good. Silence means that something is going to burst through the wall with a big loud-"

BANG.

Pretty self-explanatory. It was a-  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 pm
-CHOCOBO!!!

*Fat Chocobo fanfare from Final Fantasy III plays*

(Just kidding. I'll get back to the story now. LOL.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:37 pm
Okay, people, it was a harpy. Bursting through a crack in the wall, Michael felt a shiver as the half-falcon-half-angel creature appeared, shrieking cries of outrage at the thought of being awoken on guard duty.

"AIM FOR ITS WINGS!" cried Harriet.

This made sense to Michael. A harpy's wings were its most delicate points- just like wings on a Faery or a wyvern. There was no way that he was going to get close enough to it to try to chop off its wings from up close, but he might have a chance of harming it by throwing his sword. But if he missed and the harpy picked up his sword, he and Harriet would both be done for.

So, summoning all the strength and power that he could muster, he cocked back his arm as if he were throwing a javelin and hurled the sword at the beast. It became a silver blur flying through the air, and by just watching it, he knew that the sword was going to completely miss the wings.

It was going straight for its heart instead.

Without a sound, the harpy died, dark emerald blood pouring from its chest. Taking the sword from the carnage, he sighed as Harriet said, "No fair. I never even got to hit it with any of my spells. And I so wanted to."

"You were the one who told me to go for the wings."

There was no response to that statement, only a shy smile. "Okay, okay. You did really good. But next time, I want to be challenged. Got that? So don't be all 'manly' and kill the next thing before I even get a crack at it."

"Yes, dear."

"What did you say?"

"Yes, honey. Whatever you say."

She knew by the playful tone in his voice that he had been joking. Giving him a small shove, they slowly pressed onward, thinking that, all in all, Matt was extremely predictable.  

Lhia Dunwaith

barbara_smith3423

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:27 am
OOOHHH I Love it! continue.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:49 am
Great story so far! I can't imagine writing a full lenght novel but to be also able to abridge it is truly impressive!

Who is Dark Sidious?  

Lady Pole
Crew

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:05 am
Lady Pole
Great story so far! I can't imagine writing a full lenght novel but to be also able to abridge it is truly impressive!

Who is Dark Sidious?

Darth Sidious is the guy from Star Wars (aka the Emperor). I kind of take things like Star Wars for granted, because those movies were the kinds of things I was brought up on. My dad's a NERD! ( rofl )

I'm really glad that people are reading this!!! I'm going to be pretty busy in the weeks prior to spring break (I need to plan my family's vacation to Orlando, FL), so please be patient! I won't be able to post something once a week as I have been doing!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:05 pm
Michael had fallen asleep. It was bliss. His tired limbs were relieved of all burden of pain, and his mind could relax-

He opened his eyes. To his horror, he noticed that Harriet wasn't there. All that was left was a note.

Gone on ahead. It's been almost eleven hours and I haven't been able to wake you. If something happens to me, keep going to get to Mia. I think we're almost there, but I'm not sure.

I love you.

heart Harriet heart

Michael's heart was gripped with emotion. He wasn't sure if Mia was going to get out of this alive, but now there was a chance that Harriet was in danger, too. He carefully kissed the note where Harriet had signed her name, and folded the paper in quarters so he could stuff it in his pocket.

About an hour later, he was running down the very familiar dark, stone-lined hallway when he saw a shape moving toward him. He took out his sword, but it was only Harriet. He looked at her, running to greet her.

"It's 12:05, five minutes after midnight." she said. "We have less than five hours left. Michael, I'm scared."

He hugged her softly, and he felt her uneasiness melt away. "I am, too. But everything will be all right."

"No, it won't," she whispered, her voice racked with sobs. "We're going to lose Mia. Think of what that awful man will do to her-"

"No." said Michael firmly. "He's not bad. He's doing his job. I'm the bad one. I should never have tried to resurrect myself when I was little. It caused grief for myself, my mother, and now my family as well."

"Michael, you have given me so much," cried Harriet. "Before you, I thought I would always be alone. Now you've given me Mia. Having her has taught me so many things. Don't say it was all for nothing, because it wasn't."

She wiped a tear from his eye and said, "I think this might be the first time I've ever seen you truly cry."

"It's not." he said. "Your first miscarriage. I was sobbing so hard then-"

"That was years and years ago, wasn't it? It was before we retired from being magicians."

"It was before we had Mia."

"Oh, God..." Drawing a shaky breath, Harriet said, "Let's not talk about sad things now. We can talk about that later."

"When's 'later'?" asked Michael. He didn't get a response.  

Lhia Dunwaith

dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces