Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Writers Needed!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So?
  eh.. needs work (idea posted below)
  It's great!
  Penguines!!
  Where do I sign up?
View Results

barbara_smith3423

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:32 am
are we going to start the story soon?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:07 pm
Before we do i have an idea concerning the plot. I was thinking, as opposed to doing a bunch of people trying to stop a war, why dont we do a post war thing.

We could have a country thats already been invaded whose comeing close to being allowed to form its own government-protectorate under the nation that took it over. the conflict would be between people who want the government to retain its independence, and those who want to merge with the nation who took it over, and of course third parties that want power for themselve.

The main conflict would be scalled down to the cities and the poloticians, but theres a lot of potential for conflict within a newly emerging country.
the foundation would be a bit more complex then your normal Bigger country smaller country power struggle though.

So, I suggest a plot that would concern the struggle for power between groups in a country close to chosing a government and/or a ruler.

Ermm and we can build off of that if you like it.

[oh and sorry i haven't been here in a while but I've been busy with school work, My time should free up after may.]  

NovaKing

barbara_smith3423

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:29 am
good idea. all for say Aye. LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:20 pm
CaspianMiraz24
good idea. all for say Aye. LOL

thank you ^_^ Im aye but i can change my vote if Storm disagrees. On an added note; the plot also complements espionage very well. Which, I would immagine, fits nicely with magic.  

NovaKing

Storm_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:51 pm
I like your general idea, but I was really hoping to do a sort of spy story, with the magic and everything, and Im not sure how well your plot idea would work with that, but if you can show me how you think they would be spying, and for whom, im all for it! Or maybe it can be that the characters who will be spying go to the country that has taken over, and gather information so that when the leadership seems weak, thier own country can rise up and over throw the tyrranical government that has outlawed magic.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Storm_Alchemist
I like your general idea, but I was really hoping to do a sort of spy story, with the magic and everything, and Im not sure how well your plot idea would work with that, but if you can show me how you think they would be spying, and for whom, im all for it! Or maybe it can be that the characters who will be spying go to the country that has taken over, and gather information so that when the leadership seems weak, thier own country can rise up and over throw the tyrranical government that has outlawed magic.

Well I was hoping to do something a little less black and white. hmm but I need the magic before any of the social elements of the world can progress any further.

[till friday then]  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:56 am
oh for the lova-

[revive]

OK here's the deal, we're just looking for a few writers. This doesn't mean you have to be good at spelling (although we would prefer it if your grammar was atleast presentable.) It just means that you have to be a reasonable story teller.

We just want people who can contribute to a unique plot structure.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 pm
any ideas would also be greatly appreciated.  

NovaKing

dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces