Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Puddum's Weight Loss Adventures Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonecho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:54 am
You sound like you're making some progress, and you're very active, which most people on diets aren't. Good job and congratulations. (:
If your morale dips or you just want someone to share progress with, I'd be more than happy to be a diet-buddy. Haha. It may sound weird, but pairing up with someone actually helps you focus more. (:

Anyway, awesome job, I know you'll reach your goal. (:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:01 pm
Hey, thanks for the support! I haven't been doing so good recently, though. I've gained the five pounds I lost and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. However tonight if I finish my lab report on time I'll play DDR because that always helps.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Moonecho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 am
And a trick I've found that's lovely for boosting your metabolism..
Most people eat nothing for breakfast, a light lunch, and gorge at dinner due to their busy schedules.
But isn't that counterproductive to what your body's doing?
In the mornings, your body needs a ton of food to wake up and start running right. In the afternoon, it needs a refuel, because it's only halfway through your day. And at night, your body's getting ready to shut down, so it doesn't need nearly as much food.
Which means, pig out on healthy foods in the morning, eat a moderate lunch, and just a small snack for dinner. Trust me, you won't be as hungry as you think. (:
It just gives your body what it wants. (:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:19 am
Hmm, I sorta tried that yesterday, only I didn't quite pig out for breakfast. I had cereal for breakfast, carrots as a snack, then a plum, an apple, a banana, some prunes, and a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, and for dinner I had two strawberries and a few mushrooms that my boyfriend didn't want.

Well, anyway, I guess it works cuz I managed to get down to 119.5 by the end of the night! I'm so glad I'm back below 120! I just hope I can control myself today, because:

a) It's a common event for my college so I'm going to be going to the city and staying pretty late. So I probably won't get to eat at home and will have to eat the crappy dinner they provide.
b) For the event I need to bring my laptop, which is big and heavy and leaves little room in my bag for my salad, carrots, and bottle of water. I'm probably just going to bring money and will myself to buy something healthy at school.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:49 pm
Okay, I think I'm gonna try to have a more organized journal entry format in addition to my summarizing.

Breakfast
A cup of Kix cereal with a cup of nonfat milk

Lunch
A six inch Italian BMT sandwich from Subway. This had a lot of calories (630) and stuff, but it was lunch, I was hungry, and there's still the rest of the day to do good.

Snacks
Four cashews
Two prunes
A few bites of a large Granny Smith apple (I think that's equivalent to like 1/3)

Dinner
A cup of Dannon Light & Fit yogurt
A bag of Teddy Grahams

Water
12 ounces, so far

Exercise
I walked to and from the bus stop and I walked around the campus. I may walk around later if the weather isn't too cold.

Later that day...

Okay, so I didn't walk later on cuz it started raining but I played DDR and burned 200 kCal.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:19 am
Current Weight 117.5
Goal Weight 105
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast
A cup of Kix with a cup of nonfat milk

Snacks
A small plum
Two Peeps (48 calories)
Two Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (230 calories) confused

Lunch
A large Granny Smith apple

Dinner
A cup of Chinese Chicken with broccoli and pork fried rice confused

Water
Two cups

Exercise
I walked to and from the bus stop and moved around somewhat in class for our various activities.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
I'm feeling kind of down right now. First off, I still haven't gotten a response from the Theater Department about whether or not they want me in the acting program, and today this kid, Andy, who also auditioned and is in my class, announced that he got a call-back, which means they want to hear him do his monologues agair or something; basically it's a good sign. And I have not gotten that good sign yet and I'm all messed up thinking about what I'm gonna do if I don't get into this. I would be so depressed if I didn't get in- I would just cry for a month. There's nothing I want to do more than act but if I don't get in this time, it's the end of the line for me.

Second, I'm feeling frustrated about how I look. I know it's not as bad as the acting thing, because I'm back on track and I'm gonna get down to 105 by the summer time for SURE, but right now it's just adding more fuel to the sad spell. I just wish I could down there already and just feel good about my appearance. I'm so sick of staring at my fat thighs and stomach all the damn time. I wish they would just disappear!  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:38 am
Maaan, yesterday I binged. I just went nuts. I must've had like 2000 calories or so. But I saved myself. I weighed 120 before bed, and then I went crazy with exercise. 4 sets of 50 crunches (that's 200 in total), then I jogged in my room for 6 minutes, and then I did 100 more crunches. Today I weighed 118.5. BOOYAKASHA!

Now I just have to write my stupid freaking paper on The Odyssey and make sure I don't snack the entire time.

Current Weight 118.5
Goal Weight 105

Breakfast
Kix with soy milk (blah, we ran out of the nonfat milk)

Snacks
A large granny smith apple
A small plum
A handful of cashew nuts

Lunch
More Kix with soy milk
A peanut butter and honey sandwich

Dinner
A chocolatey-fruit shake
A smaller peanut butter sammich

Water
A large glass + 30 ounces

Exercise
I just jogged and moved around to some music for 4 minutes.
I just jumped/danced around to another song for 3 minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:52 am
wow, so close to finishing. Keep it up!!!  

Soi Tsuba

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Soi Tsuba
wow, so close to finishing. Keep it up!!!
Thanks a lot! Good luck to you, too!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:26 pm
Current Weight 118.5
Goal Weight 105

Breakfast
A large amount of Kix with nonfat milk. (There was little left for tomorrow, so I just finished it off.)

Lunch
A 200 calorie container of Lucky Charms cereal

Snack
Two cookies: a chocolate chip cookie from the cafeteria and a homemade one from one of the girls in class

Dinner
A turkey/lettuce/cheese sandwich with mayo (I put less turkey and cheese on it than I normally do.)

Snack
Large granny smith apple
A small plum

Beverages
A cup of apple juice
Two and a half cups of water

Exercise
Walked home two miles
Played DDR and burned 251 kCal

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty mad right now. That up there is the weight from this morning. I exercised a lot today, I didn't eat anything horrible and had very few calories altogether, and yet when I stepped on the scale in the evening I was 120.5. Every night recently it's been 120.5. But today I thought I really did well! And it's just so frustrating not to see any progress. I hope a full night's rest brings me down to a decent weight, because this is just driving me nuts.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Philosophical Retard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:04 pm
GOOD JOB! You've lost some serious poundage there! biggrin
Just be sure to weight yourself at the same time every weigh in, like, always make them in the morning (excluding clothing). Then you can be accurate and weigh less. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:03 pm
Super Briana!
GOOD JOB! You've lost some serious poundage there! biggrin
Just be sure to weight yourself at the same time every weigh in, like, always make them in the morning (excluding clothing). Then you can be accurate and weigh less. 3nodding
Oh, it's definitely the same way all the time. No clothes in the morning, and no clothes in the night.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 pm
Hating myself right now.
Can't get back on track.
Boyfriend is losing substantially more weight than me.
Summer is approaching fast and I'm still fat.
Going nuts.
stressed  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas