no
View Results

Crimson_Mercenary

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 am
Well...before I watch this, what were the ethnicity of the children? I mean, everyone has their own up-bringing. Also, as a whole concept of light and dark, ying and yang...the light does represent all that is peaceful and tranquil. As for the darkness; all that is evil and corrupt. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm looking at the symbollic representation of the colors in a Taoist's opinion. I'm NOT saying that being black is wrong or anything and being white is the only way to be. Just that...well, I suppose I am overlooking the subject at hand...or maybe it is that in youth, you don't really see skin tone...I mean, I didn't really notice I was different from the other children when I was around the ages of nine or ten. And neither did they. But nevertheless...everything plays in on how the child actually looks at it...I mean, unless he/she deeply explains the reasonings behind choosing one doll over the other...nothing can be said for sure...

...Perhaps I am over-thinking this...

Maybe...Maybe not...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:22 am
Kira Nishikawa
I've seen that video way before on FOX news. I'm not suprised. It's the cause of society. They're children. They only know what they've been tought by their surroundings. As time goes by usually their likes will change.

I agree.
Children develop prejudice and racist thoughts through their parents, its an unescapable cycle and sadly we can't do much about this.

However the example here is like the idea of 'left' and 'right'.
Left is seen as the demonic hand and in the latin and english language the roots of the word left is from sinister therefore people sadly still assosiate left being evil just as people think of light and dark.

It is due to the ignorance of our ancestors that even in modern day or even the future people will continue assosiate things in a stereotypical and sometimes insultive manner.  

bamboowitch

AngelAssassin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:00 am
Yes, some my be over-thinking it, but I am glad for the comments. No, I am not saying I didn't know this went on, and it is talking about society. Though the video is focused on the black community, I was hoping that some of you could tell me if there are other stereotypes that I may or may not know that happen in your community. I am not specifically asking about the video, but give us a chance to actually have a deep discussion about how society affect people's lives.

((I haope this is okay if I post this since this thread is only a 2 weeks old))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:43 am
keep this thread up, temproty i have my speakser broken adn no headphones sad i wnana see this video!  

Kiju Bleek

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces