Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
The Ultimate BL Lover's Guide ( On Hiatus ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gravitation
  <3
  <3 <3
  <3 <3 <3
View Results

retice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:20 pm
Shoujo:

Cardcaptor Sakura
From CLAMP comes the engaging tale of Sakura, an average 4th grade girl, who accidentally finds an enchanted book called The Clow in her father's library. The book once contained a set of magical Clow Cards, but they all escaped while the guardian of the book fell asleep. Now, Sakura is thrust into a mystical journey to capture all the Clow Cards before they wreak chaos and destruction.

Shounen:

Wolf's Rain (anime)
There is an old legend that speaks of a hidden paradise on Earth - A paradise in which only wolves can find. And while thought to have been extinct for hundreds of years, wolves indeed still walk the Earth… hidden among mankind. Now, a group of outcast wolves set out to find Paradise: Kiba, Hige, Toboe and Tsume.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
SAKURA AND SYAORAN RETURN!
But they’re not the people you know. Sakura is the princess of Clow—and possessor of a mysterious, misunderstood power that promises to change the world. Syaoran is her childhood friend and leader of the archaeological dig that took his father’s life. They reside in an alternate reality . . . where whatever you least expect can happen—and does. When Sakura ventures to the dig site to declare her love for Syaoran, a puzzling symbol is uncovered—which triggers a remarkable quest. Now Syaoran embarks upon a desperate journey through other worlds—all in the name of saving Sakura.

I would reccomend these titles for BL fans because CCS and Tsubasa are created by CLAMP, so there's a lot of subtext in there. CCS actually has a canon homosexual couple, and a few unrequited, such as Tomoyo being in love with Sakura, and Syaoran being briefly attracted to Yukito, and Sakura being briefly attracted to Kaho.
The canon of Tsubasa is still under debate. It's extremely plausible that Kurogane and Fai could actually BE verified eventually, as Touya and Yukito were, but it's ongoing. Being the fact that it runs in a shounen magazine, it may not. We'll see.
Wolf's Rain has a lot of subtext, too; not as blatant, but still close. Toboe licks Tsume's leg in one episode. XD

Since it's the ultimate guide, will you be adding Video Games to the list? Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy have some of the biggest fanbases I have ever seen, and I've heard of a few video games in which there are crossdressing characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm
Silver Diamond

About a young man who was found in a garden with his mother when he was younger. Both he and his mother are extremely gifted with plants, it seems that whenever they touch them, they grow or blossom. In another world a man who cannot die is searching for the person who will bring plant life, and in turn, life in general, back to their planet. When he falls through a portal to Earth he is shocked to find that the person he has been looking for looks alarmingly like the evil prince from his world. What the hell is going on?!  

Cara_Pheonix

Cara_Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:24 pm
Gender Confusion:
Les Bijoux

A man, Lapis, is cursed to change from man to woman, Lazuli. Another man, Diamond who is seemingly evil, is in love with Lazuli yet wishes for Lapis' death. What happens when it seems like Lapis is the destined man to bring peace to the world and when Diamond stand in the way. Can anything turn out right?

Shounen:
Air Gear

I don't want to give away too much... could someone please give a summary for this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:26 am
Question -- Why is Buko No Pico under sorta, it seem to pretty yaoi.  

Takahata San

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:51 am
Takahata San
That's not "sorta," it's "shota" - the genre name for series involving sex where at least one participant is an underage boy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 pm
Folken Lacour de Fanel
nope... loveless is shojo... not enouch loving

Yeah, I think that Loveless is more Fantasy & Mystery than Romance. It's still a great story. cool  

Kuo51

Takahata San

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm
Skizzors
Takahata San
That's not "sorta," it's "shota" - the genre name for series involving sex where at least one participant is an underage boy.

Oh Sorry bout that I read it wrong. My bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:50 pm
Can we just submit summaries? (This is the one on the back of the book)

Menkui!

Kotori is often teased for being superficial, and with a gorgeous brother like Kujaku, you can't really blame him for thinking that looks are everything. However, once Akaiwa steps into the picture, Kotori's life is heading for a lesson in deep trust, self-confidence, and abiding love.  

Lunar Pillow I Choose You

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces