Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Can the Church "Save" You From the Wickedness of Being Gay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:57 am
-nod nod-
I'll give you a bit of background on him now

He grew up without a father and only with a large Roman Catholic mother. When he was in 6th or 7th grade he came out that he was gay. Well, he didn't think and as soon as he came out he went to the mall, found a gay guy, and they had sex. He did this constantly throughout middle skool and his freshman year of high school.

Then, over the summer of his freshman year he met a Methodist friend who pushed him to go to a summer camp with him. If you saw the newest Southpark episode(Cartman Sucks) then you'd realize the idea. "Pray the gay away"

He got so pushed into these ideas that he decided to convert from Roman Catholic to Methodist and thats fine and all, but he took it too far. He decided that his faith was the true one and everyone must become his faith.

He then told my Lesbian friend Jamee that he hated her and tried all her could to convert her and "save" her.

He also has an extreme hatred for Roman Catholics. He believes that Catholism is stupid and makes no sense. He also tends to think that his Methodist faith came before Catholism and that it is copying for it.

To make things worse, he says the Jesus and God are the same person and he says that Jesuschrist is the same word.

So, now its his goal to convert me, we've talked, he claims he was gay cause he had no father and then tried to pinpoint that bull on me because I too have no father(died when I was cool and all that jazz.

^^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:17 pm
I hate it when people say, "God hates gay people" or "The bible says that homosexuality is wrong"
A lot of the people who say those things haven't even read the verse that says that, and probably wouldn't even be able to find the actual verse in the Bible. Some of them don't even go to Church either, and suddenly thier pious, bible toters?

And real Christians know that God loves all of his creations, no matter what. He may not like what homosexuals do, but he definitely doesn't hate them. He loves them as much as anyone else.

I myself am a Catholic and very proud of it. I go to Church every Sunday, and I try to make it on holy days of obligation. I think that homosexuality is fine, although that belief clashes with my religion. If two people are in love, they should be able to freely love each other, no matter thier sexual orientation. Nobody should have to worry about being harrassed or beaten for loving someone. And no one can try to 'heal' someone of it, or anything. It's not a sickness, and there's nothing wrong with it. I can't believe that people can be so close minded, and this is the 21st century. It really pisses me off sometimes.  

Wilixer

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:07 pm
-hugs-
^^

Thats truthiness there  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:14 pm
oh yeah. cool  

Wilixer

Kakra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:42 pm
There is nothing wrong with being gay. Jesus died so that we didn't have to follow all the laws in Leviticus and Eodius. Actually, I think I talked about this before. Excuse me while I find the quote.

Kakra
There is a quote in the bible that tells us that because Jesus died for our sins, he had made Leviticus and Exodius moot, as they had so many rules about clean living that it was almost ridiculous. If you will give me a few minutes, I will try to find it for you.

"These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings."

As for whether it's genetic of not, if it's genetic, then it can't be entirely, as most children of gay parents are straight. Also, only 10% of the population, as far as we know, is gay, instead of the average of 25% that it should be if it was a recessive gene.

EDIT: Not that I believe your sexual orientation is something you choose. I just don't think that the entire cause is genetics.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:50 pm
^^
I didn't know that, I'm gonna do some research about that. I don't know everything about the bible but I think Leviticus 18:12 is the quote that condemns people like meh ^^

As for genetics, I actually am unsure about that. I think its more of something that you grow into, it developes within you, but again, I don't know, just a thought

WOOOOO!
LOVE YOUR SIG GIRL!!!!  

Yaoiman

Kakra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:43 pm
Yaoiman
^^
I didn't know that, I'm gonna do some research about that. I don't know everything about the bible but I think Leviticus 18:12 is the quote that condemns people like meh ^^

As for genetics, I actually am unsure about that. I think its more of something that you grow into, it developes within you, but again, I don't know, just a thought

WOOOOO!
LOVE YOUR SIG GIRL!!!!

Actually, it only condemns "Men that lie with another man as you would a woman", which in fact could just mean that you can't do man/man sex like you would girls (In other words, a**l sex bad.) but it really isn't clear. And even if it was, that is cleared off. By the way Sodom and Gommorah was about disrespect of people (And for Sodom, intentions of Rape.) Yes, I have way too much free time.

And thanks. It was a post from someone in a thread. If anyone can find it for me (It's in the ED), I will love them forever. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:10 pm
Kakra
Yaoiman
^^

WOOOOO!
LOVE YOUR SIG GIRL!!!!

Actually, it only condemns "Men that lie with another man as you would a woman", which in fact could just mean that you can't do man/man sex like you would girls (In other words, a**l sex bad.) but it really isn't clear. And even if it was, that is cleared off. By the way Sodom and Gommorah was about disrespect of people (And for Sodom, intentions of Rape.) Yes, I have way too much free time.

And thanks. It was a post from someone in a thread. If anyone can find it for me (It's in the ED), I will love them forever. 3nodding

Yeah, I dunno though, don't lye with men as you would women. Well, I'm gay, I wouldn't with women, so don't not do men?

Its awsome cause its Hitler's quote but replace Jews with someone truely deserving of what they suffered ^_^  

Yaoiman

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:03 am
RionaDaidouji
Quote:
the God I was brought up to believe is forgiving.

Quoted for emphasis.

Honestly, out of all the people who say that God "helped" them be straight again, I think they're either just lying to themselves, or they're bisexual and thus had the chance to be attracted to the opposite gender in the first place.

I do believe that God can perform miracles and help people out of hard situations. I believe He can help people get over addictions and unhealthy lifestyles. But, I don't believe that homosexuality is an unhealthy lifestyle, so...

Bascially, when I was discovering my sexuality, God did help me. He helped me realise that He'd love me no matter what, and that I shouldn't try and fight what I am. He made me the way I am for a reason, and He made all GLBT people the way they are for a reason.

THat sounds very much like my feelings and experince. I believe god to be loving and forgiving. Love is love no matter what the gender and god wants us to love. My parents don't see this as such and I have strayed from the "true christian lifestyle" in their eyes, but the good I see them worship seems more vengeful than forgiving.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 pm
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Yaoiman

Kakra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:07 pm
Yaoiman
Kakra
Yaoiman
^^

WOOOOO!
LOVE YOUR SIG GIRL!!!!

Yeah, I dunno though, don't lye with men as you would women. Well, I'm gay, I wouldn't with women, so don't not do men?

Its awsome cause its Hitler's quote but replace Jews with someone truely deserving of what they suffered ^_^

Actually, the original saying was, "If God didn't exist, we'd have to invent him." and was said by an enlightenment Philosopher. Actually, I never heard of a Hitler line based off of that. What did he say?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:04 pm
Kakra
Yaoiman
Kakra
Yaoiman
^^

WOOOOO!
LOVE YOUR SIG GIRL!!!!

Actually, the original saying was, "If God didn't exist, we'd have to invent him." and was said by an enlightenment Philosopher. Actually, I never heard of a Hitler line based off of that. What did he say?

De Fuher said "If the Jews didn't excist, we'd have to invent them"  

Yaoiman

Koriyuki Kanade

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:15 pm
Hmm...i hear this stuff all the time at my UBER Christian G-ma's house. (I've already been kicked out of a dinner for being a Christologist [Christian-ish Earth-based Wicca], but admitting to my bisexuality damn got me kicked out but good!) Anywho, first of all, God doesn't hate anyone. Plain and simple. Hate IS a sin. If God hated, then he'd be a hypocrite, right? It is also said in the teachings that LOVE is the ultimate good. So if you were a man in love with another man (or gurl heart gurl or gurl heart gurl/boy / boy heart boy/gurl, etc.) then it wouldn't be bad, right?, because love is love. It NEVER says homosexuality is wrong, just frowned upon more than most acts. The main thing seems to be acceptance. People all have a problem with acceptance. Especially gays who are pressured to be different. Your friend Alejandro seems to be a little mixed up right now. You can't change who you are like that. Nobody chooses to be gay. It just happens like that. No amount of ministry will change that fact (just like those ex-gay groups r full of jokers in DENIAL). Besides, (i love to say this) who's to know God isn't gay (the big ol' lesbian goddess theory). I mean, who knows!

(FYI2Alejandro: Jesus is God's son, not God and Catholiscm was
one of the earliest of religions, followed by Protestentism THEN WAY DOWN THE ROAD is Methodism.)  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:03 pm
He's what we call a holy roller, or an uneducated jackass.He thinks he knows about his religion, but he doesn't, its funny to prove him wrong with scripture, he almost cried ^^

It does say in Leviticus that one should not lie with a man as one would a woman and its an abomination but as discussed above, apparently Peter said "Nah, its all good ^^" and then skipped away happily to being pope ya.

Yeah, sucks what happened with yur mema. Mine is an uber Catholic and (actually....I dunno if she knows) but she doesn't hate anyone. She's cool like that ^^

Catholism was the real early Christian form, and Methodism is a protestant faith. If its not Catholic but if Christian, its protestant. So yeah, I think we need to attack Alejandro with the new pope(EMPEROR PALPATINE!). Be funny ^^  

Yaoiman

Enyaron

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:25 am
Well since he supposedly changied his view points and became straight then it wouldn't be callied a hipacrit(SP? X_x), TBH hateing someone because of there sexuality is low an lame =/ just and in personal I'd tell him that hes going to burn in the deepest parts of hell for going against his gods wishes and treating his naibour like crap and trying to force his belife's onto someone eles =/ Isnt it a terrible sin against god to like not accept them for something? O.o I'm not sure I didn't really like church =/ Sorry to all christans and stuff for this comment but I found it a sort of waste of time in my own personal oppion.

I'll give him a trageti =+= (Sorry for the extreamly bad spelling here =/ I just had an arguement with a whale who seems to think that being gay is a crime and that I'm only partly gay because I can't get anything from the oppisite sex =/ which is why she tryied to force herself on me =/ ironic no?)

You can't fix someone eles =/ everyone is entitlied to there own belifes =/ and if he continues saying this tell him that in the exodus chapters it says to accept your fellow beings as they accept you or tha'll shalt be stonied to death =/ (Or something like that I think o.o)

1) Its none of his buisness =/
2) Yes =/ Its callied thinking that he is better than everyone eles =/
3) Hes a cheekly little so and so =/
4) Yes but only in some aspects =/
5) Rofl! You can never be truely enlightened =/ espically since god loves all his children =/ (At this point in time I really dought mr god in the clouds loves me =/

Simple solution just ignore him and tell him to accept his naibour like god tells him to do =/  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff