Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

online dating.
  yes
  no
View Results

xlilaznxcutiex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
I'd say...no, because there are some people out there you can't really trust. I mean if you're 14 and you have fun talking to this guy who's like 45 years old and you won't even know it. neutral Online dating is okay though. I'm not saying it's bad. You can make friends that way and that's nice. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:31 pm
no..............there r dangerous ppl out there eek  

manga_lover529

Martyrize

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:45 pm
MaximumMoose
I'm kinda paranoid, so I don't trust many people... So, online dating is out of the question for me. Mainly because so many people act completely different online, including my friend. (Myself, I'm just as quirky in real life as I am here) xd

Yeah, I tend to be extremely paranoid, myself. It's really hard for me to trust my boyfriend, but at the same time I know that I can trust him completely. It used to be that I questioned him all the time about cheating on me, but as we stay together and develop more as a couple, I realize he's not a two-timing jerk and that I'm really the one, and only person he loves and wants.

My personality and reactions and whatnot are all pretty much identical when it comes to being online and in real life. I think I'm a lot less trusting in real life, though. That's probably the most major change. I can't think of any others besides that and I tend to have more attitude in real life.[I'm less caring towards most people and a lot more anti-social, and I'm more of an a*****e irl than I am on the internet, too. xDDD]

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:17 pm
Well, this is an intresting issue for me. I had a really BAD experience with a creep and online dating. However...my stepmom and dad are married because they dated online.  

AspergersKitty

Rainbow Dip-N-Dots

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:02 pm
no. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:27 am
Ok well I think that online dating shouldn't be used for the young. No offense and I'm fairly young myself. It's not safe and well you can't really get a .. it can always turn out creepy lets put it that way.

On the other hand older people who date are usually ok. My dad (3rd one) and mom met over a rpg game adn they've been together for like 7-8 years. So it can actually turn out. It was sooo cute. He came over from Germany (we live in Canada) to see my mom. ^-^

dreamz_walker

calypso-maru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 pm
dreamz_walker
Ok well I think that online dating shouldn't be used for the young. No offense and I'm fairly young myself. It's not safe and well you can't really get a .. it can always turn out creepy lets put it that way.

On the other hand older people who date are usually ok. My dad (3rd one) and mom met over a rpg game adn they've been together for like 7-8 years. So it can actually turn out. It was sooo cute. He came over from Germany (we live in Canada) to see my mom. ^-^

i totally agree! You should be mentally and physically mature enough to handle online dating..because there are manipulative people out there..and if you're still young, you're likely an easy prey...

I met my husband through online dating...uhmmm...online GAMING to be exact...

meeting online is just a first step to some relationship because there are shy people out there you can just talk to you when they don't see you..BUT, a relationship doesn't have to always like that!

If you don't have a real relationship outside the internet, then you don't have a real relationship at all (romantically speaking)..  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 am
From every experience my friends have had, I would not suggest you date online. I have no faith in it, and I'd probably put money on 90% of online relationships failing.

Meeting online, there is nothing wrong with that, but having an entire serious relationship over the internet just doesn't work(in my opinion).  

Eisen Adler

cOOkies for teh shara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:55 pm
well it works sometimes but not often, i have tried it once and it sucked really bad...

my dad however dated a girl online then he left me and my sister right after he got custody to go across the country to go live with her and marry her. so sometimes it works.

i don't know i shouldn't really be taken up as the "best adviser" on the subject because of my experiences with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:42 am
I really don't like the idea of online dating. A friend of mine in colledge was dating a guy online. He lived in England. Well she was practically glued to her computer, it just wasn't healthy the way she obsesed over that thing. Then one day he broke up with her, online of course. She was devistated, over a guy she only knew through the computer. They had never talked on the phone or written each other through snail mail. It was so bad that I was afrade she would do something stupid, so I refused to leave her alone in our dorm room. I just feel that it isn't healthy unless the online part is meant to just get you to meet people and then you go out on a real date.  

Fantia

Xillit

Professional Husband

2,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:54 am
I really have to look in someone's eyes when I'm daiting and I really have to see how they act offline. So no online dating for me  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:49 pm
i don't think long-distance relationships ever really work out. physical presence and contact are just too essential to the relationship process.

i'm sure some people can make it work and be happy, but not me.  

riloh

MoonlightWings13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:09 pm
Unless you're lying to the person you're dating about who you are... I don't see anything wrong with online dating. If you honestly like someone, go for it! You'd be liking them for who they are, not how they look, and that's really cool, whether it's online or not. ^ ^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:10 am
I'm a little iffy. I remember when I was younger I was into that stuff, but then again when I was younger, I was really stupid and going through a bunch of phases. My main concerns are the same as all;

1. They could be lying about everything they're telling you.
2. Not to be harsh, but most of the people I meet online and become friends with I begin to think they look a certain way and get disappointed when I see the truth. Your mind makes them out to look really different and fantasized.

Their is a positive side to it though. Maybe you really do find this one person who is just right for you. I've made some really cool friends online. Yes, it is harder to keep up online, but if you put an effort forth I'm sure you'll be okay. That's why dating and making friends is easier if it's actually closer to home, ya know what I mean? Oh and I have had relationships that have been far distanced. With my friends(whom moved away) and my interests and let's just say I'm still really good friends with most of them. We have to remember this is 2007, and my generation is all about technology. So I'm sure in the future, they'll be a lot more of this type of stuff going on. I don't mind it, but I'd just tell people to be careful like in any other dating relationship that they're going into. Whatever rocks your boat baby.

Ms. Dorian Gray

Adorable Lunatic

15,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Serious Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers