Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Disney.. Slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:03 pm
Thomas and John Smith from Pocahontas. Thomas was such an uke!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:40 pm
The Road to El Dorado is Dreamworks. 3nodding But, you're right! I just realized the slashability of Tulio and Miguel. Though actually...the thing that first comes to mind when I think of that movie is "that chick was hot..." Ahh...I was always interested in hot cartoon girls... xd

But on the Dreamworks Pictures subject, anyone notice the uber slashable Sinbad? whee HEY! that goes under the subject of gay pirates, too! whee Sinbad and that Prince guy....
ACTUALLY, Dreamworks has their own little circle of gayish characters. Like Shrek and Donkey! (maybe?)

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

retice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:40 pm
Ouka of Heaven and Hell

But on the Dreamworks Pictures subject, anyone notice the uber slashable Sinbad? whee HEY! that goes under the subject of gay pirates, too! whee Sinbad and that Prince guy....
ACTUALLY, Dreamworks has their own little circle of gayish characters. Like Shrek and Donkey! (maybe?)

Sinbad/Proteus FTW! XDD
I have to laugh when I think of Shrek. Because Pinocchio in a thong? GOLD. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:14 am
Recently I've gotten back into Gargoyles. You know when I was a kid, I never noticed how slashy it was! When I re-watched it I was slashing all over the place. XD First two people I slashed were Owen and Xanatos. Dude. There is so much gay there. So much. *_*

Goliath/Xanatos! You know that's really why Xanatos is so obsessed!

Oh man, Goliath/Brooklyn, Brooklyn/Lex, Brooklyn/Talon! Oh man, I can go on forever but then they'd be crack pairings. XD  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:01 am
I'm not that interested in Disney, but Nickelodeon...
srsly, guys... HAVE YOU SEEN DRAKE & JOSH!?
They have KISSED four times in the series! And when they fight, it looks more like they're making out. So suggestive, I can NOT help it!
I know, i know, Josh isn't the most attractive guy in the world, but still!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 pm
@Sushii-Princess They are really slashy! I swear they act married most of the time!  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

epikaa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:37 pm
LadyNox
@Sushii-Princess They are really slashy! I swear they act married most of the time!

I know. XDDD

Ooh I watched Suite Life and found out one more pairing. XD

Moseby x Fish Dude (Forgot his name)
- The employee of the month episode. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Sushii-Princess
I'm not that interested in Disney, but Nickelodeon...
srsly, guys... HAVE YOU SEEN DRAKE & JOSH!?
They have KISSED four times in the series! And when they fight, it looks more like they're making out. So suggestive, I can NOT help it!
I know, i know, Josh isn't the most attractive guy in the world, but still!

Ahaha Drake and Josh is one of my favorite ships. Have you seen the Drake/Josh livejournal? We're not alone. =D
And I personally think Josh is pretty good looking now -- I love his eyes. 3nodding  

retice

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:05 pm
When did Drake and Josh kiss??? 0_0  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm
Ouka of Heaven and Hell

That's what I'm wondering...-goes to youtube- XD  

epikaa

Yofiel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:20 am
LadyNox
Thomas and John Smith from Pocahontas. Thomas was such an uke!

Thomnas has always been my favorite pochahontis character <3 (now that I think about it... Pochahontis didnt get with him in the end did she? XD she went off with that other smith... >XD)

they would make such a cute pairing XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:14 pm
Shuuchu
Ouka of Heaven and Hell

That's what I'm wondering...-goes to youtube- XD

Drake and Josh kiss twice on the cheek, once when Drake kisses Josh in a closet when Josh agrees to help him cheat during a competition in the episode 'Smart Girl'.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The second time is during the episode 'We're Married', when Josh's e-pal Yooka from Yudonia comes to visit. Because she's from Yudonia Josh tries to make her feels as at home as possible by following all of her customs, one of those being the 'Yudonian Hello' -- a kiss on each cheek. He thinks nothing of giving Drake the same thing.

They kiss on the lips in the newest season, in the episode 'Josh Runs Into Oprah'. Josh instigates it intentionally, and Megan snaps a picture. Drake says in an interview that it took two takes and Josh tried to slip him tongue to make him break character, but he managed to hold character the entire time despite that, and Miranda actually did manage to get the entire thing on her digital camera.

If you want to know what the circumstances are of the kiss, highlight for spoilers:
In the episode 'Josh Runs Into Oprah', Josh is excited because it's his birthday and he thinks he has reason to believe that Drake is planning to throw him a surprise party at the Premiere Theater. But when he shows up, he finds out that Drake forgot completely about Josh's birthday and was actually throwing the party for his girlfriend of five-days, Tabatha, who coincidentally has the same birthday as Josh. Josh is massively hurt and storms home, and Drake after realizing his mistake immediately tries to make it better by buying Josh tickets to see Oprah. Josh is stoked, and when Drake whips out back-stage passes, he completely freaks:
Drake: So do you love me again?
Josh: ::snorts:: Love ya?
And with that, hauls him forward and kisses him full on the mouth. Megan snaps the picture, but they dont pull apart for another few seconds. It's unbelievable, in a good way. =D

They hug in almost every single episode, the earlier episodes involving hugs that are fast and hesitant, the latter ones being enthusiastic and usually involving running, jumping, and spinning.
Lately they've also been saying "I love you" very often, beginning, I think, with the episode 'Little Sibling' when Josh helps Drake escape remedial english class and Drake says "I love you!" followed by Josh grinning and saying "I know."

However, the most romantic episode by far is the episode 'Josh is Done' which involves no kissing, no hugging, and no "I love you"'s, but is more powerful than any of those things combined. This is the episode summary from tv.com:
Drake has taken advantage of Josh for the last time and Josh decides that he is done dealing with Drake. Drake says he's fine with this, but when Josh's life improves and Drake's goes down the drain this rocker begins crooning a different tune.
highlight for spoilers:
In 'Josh is Done', the acting is much more dramatic than in any other episode, mostly because this is not meant to be a very funny episode. Don't get me wrong, though! It does have its really funny moments! They're just very much outweighed this time around by the angsty-ness of scorned Josh and shunned Drake.
Josh's acting is amazing in this episode. He's usually very spazzy and plays the role of the comic relief, but this time he has to be very emotionless, and he pulls it off amazingly. Drake is also very good in this episode -- he goes from spoiled and impossible to cold and uncaring to frustrated and upset to tired and depressed. I was so impressed by them both!
The reason this episode surpasses all the others in romance, however, is because of the broken speech Drake gives near the end. It's every fanfic writer/fangirl's dream. Drake is so wound up and upset and tired and stressed that he finally snaps and lets it all out, via shouting and crying, in front of an entire classroom of people and one very shocked Josh. It's completely out of character and beautiful because of it. He cries.
What happens is, Drake shows up to chemistry class nearly late because Josh didn't wake him up for school, and finds out that he's no longer Josh's lab partner. He's assigned to a partner who has a speech impairment that causes him to make incoherent mumbling noises that Drake can't understand. They're doing a lab project and Drake has no idea what to do because usually he just watches Josh do all the work, and because his partner can't tell him not to, he begins mixing random chemicals and winds up causing an unstable chemical reaction that overflows onto his hands. Everyone panics and he gets pushed into the emergency shower, the pressure of which hurts him even more. This being the last straw, he begins to storm out of the classroom but stops at the door and swings around like he wants to start something:

Drake: JOSH!
Josh defensively shouts back "What?!"
Drake: "Look, I'm sorry!"
Josh looks completely floored for a moment and stumbles over what he had originally meant to say next. He starts to say "Well-" but Drake cuts him off.
Drake: Let me finish, okay? I was wrong, okay? I was wrong!
Josh: What do you mean?
Drake: “I need you more than you need me. I need you way more than you need me, alright? I’m sorry! Man, I’m sorry I made you late for your exam and I’m sorry I ran over your bike. I’m sorry I’m probably the worst brother in the world and you’re way better off without me, you know and I just need you to understand…”
Here he pauses, and I love this pause, because you can fill in the blank here. He leaves it up to our imagination. Also note that he's crying at this point.
Drake: ...I just... I'm sorry, Josh. I'm sorry!
And with that, he runs.

Another thing I really loved about Drake in this episode was the symbolism of his guitar. In the beginning when Josh begins ignoring him, he tries to play his guitar and fails miserably -- he tries to tune it and the strings break, showing that he's having awful luck. Towards the end, he has lost all incentive to even try. Megan even uses it to kill a spider but he doesn't bat an eyelash.
Speaking as an artist, I know that when I'm depressed the first thing I do is reach for my pencil. I draw better in those situations. I have more inspiration. But when I can't draw at all, it's because I've lost my muse.
I love the implication that Josh is Drake's muse. heart

All images are the the Immediate Gratification Gallery.  

retice

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:27 pm
Oh man, now I need to get this episode. I'm never home anymore to see this show. I love it so much. Them kissing makes me love it even more. I knew they were married!

Slip him the tongue! XDDD That is so awesome!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:53 pm
Rosemary-of-the-Sun
To quote an icon I've seen around:

User Image

And yes. Very much so, and very much so jokingly. Although I was always more of a Basil/Rattigan fan.

Also, not Disney, but the Road to El Dorado is basically a gay love story.

That icon is absolutely right. The first pairing I ever slashed was Tigger and Rabbit when I was seven. They are literally responsible for my perversion. X3 But I thank them none the less. I'm very fond of Disney cartoon slash but I don't slash real people from anything - bands, shows, ect. Only fictional characters.  

Ryosei_Hime

Fashionable Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

retice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:00 pm
LadyNox
Oh man, now I need to get this episode. I'm never home anymore to see this show. I love it so much. Them kissing makes me love it even more. I knew they were married!

Slip him the tongue! XDDD That is so awesome!

The are married. XD  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games