Kristen britain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:51 pm
Karigan was the Triad in at least two games that I can remember (only going by Green Rider, can't remember anything about First Rider's Call anymore). She was the Triad in the game she played with the two sisters--can't remember their names, something about flowers or berries--and then that magical game near the end, when she released the wild magic. She only played it a few times, I think. Those two times and with the king in the throne room when she first met him are the only times I can remember her actually playing in the book.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:13 pm
Marsel_lilas
ANARA Airlyn
heh how ya do that? and kristen britain said the date can change, which it di, so beat that, and weter to be happy or not depends on the third book, and i don't think the game was called triad since u can play with only two to

Actually it's a 2-3 player game. Two people are against one another and the third can either be neutral, screw up both sides or can pretty much do whatever. I remember that Kari played the third person in one of the various games I believe.

and she kicked there but!! with the first riders help, of course xp , and does anybody think that the king is actually going to marry Eldora, and and are they going to do anything with Karigans past and what happended to the first riders baby??  

ANARA Airlyn

Kesemyan Hopehunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:36 pm
ummm... do u think that it got.... - xp for lack of better words -darker?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:32 pm
Kesemyan Hopehunter
ummm... do u think that it got.... - xp for lack of better words -darker?

which one, F.R.C. or green rider? and why did they kill teh dude... teh one who liked Kari in green rider gonk i liked hiimmmm crying gonk stare  

ANARA Airlyn

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:23 pm
Well, according to Amazon, The High King's Tomb was pushed up to July 1st, 2007. I have to check Kristen Britain's website, to see if it corresponds to that date. The funny thing is, there's still no cover picture on Amazon. n.n"

Edit: Well, Kristen Britain's website says that the release date is still November, and that the book does, indeed, have a cover. I really hope this book is gonna be worth the wait.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:16 pm
I hope it's worth the wait also. I really enjoyed the first two, though there were parts in First Riders Call that made me cringe. The game that Karigan played as a Triad, I thought was called Intruige or something like that anyhow. As for the third books cover, have you seen it? Personally I liked her other cover artist better, and thought it very sad when I heard he died. Oh well, and wasn't the Lady that King Zachary became betrothed to name Estora? Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Tegan_Sky

chessiejo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 am
i've just read green rider.

i enjoyed it, who can resist a plucky heroine?

and the idea of ebbil elves is also refreshing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:08 pm
The game was called Intrigue and that's just what is going to make me read the third book; putting a cliffhanger certainly insures that more people will read the book. I agree with the people who saw that First Rider's Call killed Green Rider. Who knows? Maybe The High King's Tomb will pick the series back up and the whole thing will be re-readable.  

Silver Shadow Sinner

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:19 pm
Well, now that I can't remember much about First Rider's Call (meaning anything), I went back and re-read Green Rider. And I could. It makes me so happy, because I love that book. I'm trying to read First Rider's Call again, to see what about it I didn't like, but I got distracted. <.< I'm maybe a hundred pages in. And I'd like to say that I found one thing that I didn't like so far: The juxtaposition between Karigan and the light horse marshall or whatever after they get back from the expedition was entirely unnecessary. We get that she was tired, and emotionally scarred. Good. Don't stress it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:08 am
NightIntent
Well, according to Amazon, The High King's Tomb was pushed up to July 1st, 2007. I have to check Kristen Britain's website, to see if it corresponds to that date. The funny thing is, there's still no cover picture on Amazon. n.n"

Edit: Well, Kristen Britain's website says that the release date is still November, and that the book does, indeed, have a cover. I really hope this book is gonna be worth the wait.
there is a cover picture on her site........the new release date is in november............

I wonder why they pushed back the release date  

Kalathandra

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:21 pm
Yeah, figured all that out. Read the later posts. They pushed it back because Kristen Britain was apparently having trouble writing it, and then editing took a while. So they wouldn't have been able to keep on schedule if they hadn't pushed it back.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:45 pm
Finished re-reading First Rider's Call, finally. It wasn't as bad as I remember it, but the entire thing with Alton still annoys me. And Zachary and Karigan being in love is kinda annoying, too. They didn't have that much contact with each other, how could they fall in love? I really did like the ending, where the Riders are remembering their fallen, and Lil is pretty much the best character in the books. I wonder where the author's going to go in the third book.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:14 pm
Well, The High King's Tomb is finally out. I love the cover. The horse on it is just so pretty. However, I won't be reading the book for another year or so. Why? Because it's in freaking hardcover. Two books and she gets a hardcover edition? There're better authors who have to wait 'til their sixth or seventh book before they get a hardcover. The book's just not worth $25 to me, so I'll just wait until it's down to $8 or whatever.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 pm
NightIntent
Well, The High King's Tomb is finally out. I love the cover. The horse on it is just so pretty. However, I won't be reading the book for another year or so. Why? Because it's in freaking hardcover. Two books and she gets a hardcover edition? There're better authors who have to wait 'til their sixth or seventh book before they get a hardcover. The book's just not worth $25 to me, so I'll just wait until it's down to $8 or whatever.

I agree completely. But hell I've waited this long for the book. Whats 1 more year? stare .....maybe the library... do I dare to hope?

Has anyone read The High King's Tomb yet?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 pm
Maze353
NightIntent

I agree completely. But hell I've waited this long for the book. Whats 1 more year? stare .....maybe the library... do I dare to hope?

Has anyone read The High King's Tomb yet?

Exactly. It's been like four years, why not just push it to an even five? I should check if the library has it... but I just don't care enough right now.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff