Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
They should have a show with an all vulcan crew Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold?
  I guess
View Results

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:06 pm
YourAzureGoddess
dunno if these people are still up and running, but there are some e-mail groups who think the same:

]http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pbm/browse_thread/thread/1fee4125e8e5050d/48297df3b1eb9279?lnk=st&q=vulcan&rnum=3&hl=en#48297df3b1eb9279

I think their closed.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:29 pm
Argh >.<

well, if you like web surfing, here is a list of all posted Star Trek storytelling groups (or at least most of them)

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/pbm_list/startrek.html

good luck!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Mitra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:13 pm
Naphatarie
Mitra
conseption_rebelry
I belive we should have a show with an all Vulcan crew, a nonvulcan and two members of the crew being V'tosh ka'tur could be a point of conflict.

I'll agree to that! Most likely a human as the non-vulcan member, I'd think, to make it interesting. The human ships have Vulcan science officers and what not, and in a show of good faith I think that officer exchanges would have happened a lot in the begining. A way for both sides to study the other, learn how to cooperate and become friends with their allies.

And with the added V'tosh ka'tur, it would show to the human crew member that Vulcans were essentially as varied as the human race, giving them a more comfortable setting and outlook. So far, I like this idea alot! Holly Wood Producers, take note! xd
I want to make it a fan series. hollywood would ruin it. I want to play the Capitan and make her anti-human.

Anyone wanna claim a part?

d00d, for your anti-human ways, I will play the human! I can be illogical and silly! The part is PERFCT! Heh heh....
But I still wanna be the human. twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 pm
Mitra
Naphatarie
Mitra
conseption_rebelry
I belive we should have a show with an all Vulcan crew, a nonvulcan and two members of the crew being V'tosh ka'tur could be a point of conflict.

I'll agree to that! Most likely a human as the non-vulcan member, I'd think, to make it interesting. The human ships have Vulcan science officers and what not, and in a show of good faith I think that officer exchanges would have happened a lot in the begining. A way for both sides to study the other, learn how to cooperate and become friends with their allies.

And with the added V'tosh ka'tur, it would show to the human crew member that Vulcans were essentially as varied as the human race, giving them a more comfortable setting and outlook. So far, I like this idea alot! Holly Wood Producers, take note! xd
I want to make it a fan series. hollywood would ruin it. I want to play the Capitan and make her anti-human.

d00d, for your anti-human ways, I will play the human! I can be illogical and silly! The part is PERFCT! Heh heh....
you get the part  

Naphatarie

Mitra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:53 pm
Naphatarie
Mitra
Naphatarie
Mitra
conseption_rebelry

you get the part

Sweet! *does illogical human dance*
Now, lets see who else we can recruit!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:42 pm
Mitra
Naphatarie
Mitra
Naphatarie
Mitra
conseption_rebelry

you get the part

Sweet! *does illogical human dance*
Now, lets see who else we can recruit!
YEAH  

darling_conseption

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm
Well having a mixed crew is better anyways because each has their own culture and way of conducting things. Thus there is a conflict between two different species.

Which makes it interesting 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:50 pm
Se Ga Takai
I still hold strongly to teh All Klingon crew and setting idea. Vulcans are Boring. Klingons kick a**(literally).

Here here!

Though, I wouldn't want too many scenes involving the cafeteria. >_<

Werewolf Garnet

Mitra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:27 pm
Vampire Alice
Se Ga Takai
I still hold strongly to teh All Klingon crew and setting idea. Vulcans are Boring. Klingons kick a**(literally).

Here here!

Though, I wouldn't want too many scenes involving the cafeteria. >_<

Well, in all fairness, the Vulcans came first, though both could exist.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:31 pm
Personally, I don't think that would be a good idea.
It would be very dry, very dull. When Vulcans have to interact with the illogical behaviors of aliens, that gives them their own character. But a bunch of Vulcans running around on a ship. Well, it can't be much different than watching the Borg day in and day out. There's no drama, there's no comedy. There's only logic.
I love Vulcans. But, to give them their own series... well, that would really suck.

Pherfiniel

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:30 am
Pherfiniel
Personally, I don't think that would be a good idea.
It would be very dry, very dull. When Vulcans have to interact with the illogical behaviors of aliens, that gives them their own character. But a bunch of Vulcans running around on a ship. Well, it can't be much different than watching the Borg day in and day out. There's no drama, there's no comedy. There's only logic.
I love Vulcans. But, to give them their own series... well, that would really suck.
I guess. But I'm still makin' it!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 pm
Gharbad
I think it would flop just because of this:

Mr. Worf, fire at will!
*crazy amounts of torpedoes and phasers*

Mr. Tuvok, fire at will!
*fires one torpedo*
No effect, Captain.

LOL LOL
How true smile  

blbb

Recca

O.G. Noob

5,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:23 pm
I must strongly disagree!

One of my favorite things about Star Trek is how ridiculous the crew's reactions to things are. If they were all vulcan, well, it wouldn't be very ridiculous at all..

(another favorite thing, by the way, is how a lot of the "future science" is nonsense. =P)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:46 am
Actually, I'm thinking of an Enterprise episode that is almost all like this.  

rosesylace

Saoraan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 am
You might want to read up about the adventures of the starship Intrepid it was an all vulcan ship (at least it was in TOS) unfortunately the first Intrepid was destroyed with all hands by the giant space ameoba (TOS episode "The Immunity Syndrome").  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff