Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Plot Predictions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will die this time?
Ron and/or Hermionie
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Hagrid and/or Mcgonagall
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Neville and/or Luna
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Harry and/or Fudge
25%
 25%  [ 15 ]
Ginny and/or Snape
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Lupin and/or Tonks
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Mr. and/or Ms. Weasly
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 58

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 pm
Jorlwind
Personally when reading the death of Dumbledore it seemed to me like a symbol of the passing of one stage of harry's life.

Yes, it's a sad "Harry can only be a man when his parent figures are dead" thing. First Sirius, now Albus. Sigh.

Quote:
Wormtail will probably be dropped into some moral dilemma over his future, stemming from some sort of betrayal by Voldemort.

Yes, they foreshadowed that at the end of book three - Dumblydore said something about Wormtail being in Harry's debt and stuff.
Quote:

You also have this idea where Harry and Voldemort are two sides of the same coin. Two totally different but incomplete halves of the same being. One possible dramatic ending(unlikely as it is) is a fusing of the two persons into one. This could also hold true with the Mirror that we saw earlier. Still, thats taking wild speculation a bit too far.

0_0 That's insane. But AWESOME.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:27 pm
I think Lupin will die. Totally.

My friends and I have this WICKED funny inside joke. It all started when one girl, Gabby, said that she thinks everthing will be a dream of Harry's. By "everything", she means that he's going to wake up (Harry is, I mean), and it'll be Dudley's 11th birthday. Another girl, Camryne, interrupts her, and the following conversation takes place:

Gabby: No! Seriously! I think it's all a dream of Harry's!
Cam: Yeah, maybe. Like, who do you think Harry really is?
Gabby: Huh?
Cam: This is what I think the end of the 7th book is going to be: Harry and Voldemort cast "Avada Kedavra" at the same time, right? Then, Harry wakes up. Turns out, his name isn't even Harry. It's WANDA!

Yeah, my friends are all crazy.

REMINDER TO ALL: At the end of Book 3, Dumbledore mentions that Wormtail is "in Harry's debt". That debt, as far as we know, has not yet been repaid.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Jeremy Wood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:20 am
Have you guys heard the idea that was started on Pottercast #43 (i think it was)...

It was that Harry will have to go back in time to the day his parents were killed and will be at Godric's Hollow for the killing. It is the only way he will 'know' what happened. Then he told Dumbledore what happened and Dumbledore would have to not tell Harry about that or else he would mess up time. And he wouldn't have to tell Harry not to do what he did (like the chase to the Sorceror's Stone) as he already knew Harry would survive.

I believe that the reason Harry goes back is to find where Voldemort had put the last Horcruxe and then Harry takes it thast is why he can't find the final Horcruxe that should have been in Godric's Hollow, because he already defeated it. And when he destroyed it it gave him a certain scar. In the shape of a lightning bolt.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:42 am
Wow. Confuzzling theory.  

Lhia Dunwaith

8minbefore

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:36 pm
the fact is hogwarts WILL get nuked by the muggles! domokun Mwahahahaha! twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:50 pm
What about the debt? (see my 1st post in this thread)  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:54 pm
I do not think I am qualified to make up theories in this particular subject because the truth is, I am still in shock about the death of Sirius and Dumbledore (my two favourite characters...come on! evil ) While in my current state of mental unhealth, I am prone to periods of wild and nonsensical ranting. I also have not yet allowed myself to believe they died. In my mind, the fifth book never happened. Yes, I admit, I am in denial.

I do hope, however, that Harry does not die. It seems like that type of story that demands good to triumph over evil. And with all the darkness already in the world, wouldn't it be nice to have a positive, hopeful ending? I think so.

I also don't want Hermione or Ron to die. Same reason as above. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:15 pm
If Harry dies, Rowling is going to be murdered in her bed by thousands of Harry's fangirls. surprised  

Lhia Dunwaith

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:23 pm
Rowling actually writes a good book.

Oh, wait, no.

Harry's going to die, we all know it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:21 am
Lady Midori
I do not think I am qualified to make up theories in this particular subject because the truth is, I am still in shock about the death of Sirius and Dumbledore (my two favourite characters...come on! evil ) While in my current state of mental unhealth, I am prone to periods of wild and nonsensical ranting. I also have not yet allowed myself to believe they died. In my mind, the fifth book never happened. Yes, I admit, I am in denial.

I do hope, however, that Harry does not die. It seems like that type of story that demands good to triumph over evil. And with all the darkness already in the world, wouldn't it be nice to have a positive, hopeful ending? I think so.

I also don't want Hermione or Ron to die. Same reason as above. sweatdrop

Sirius and Dumbledore are COMING BACK!!!! My quija board said so. 3nodding

I think your right. Harry probably wont die, but it does seem like it is something that is likely to happen, especially since JKR swears that she wont write another Harry Potter book.  

Storm_Alchemist

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:08 am
Oh! Oh! I've got one! I've got one!

(Jumps up and down, waving her hand in the air)

Someone important to the plot is going to die!!!

(Looks around happily, and nudges the nearest person who is staring at her with exasperation)

Eh? Eh? How's that for divination!

(People edge away)

In all seriousness though, I've narrowed my list of people I'd be upset if she killed drastically ever since the...well, I started preparing myself when she offed Sirius (broken sob), but Dumbledore was still a mighty blow, and not one I was expecting.

Pwale's List Of People She Will Be Upset About If Rowling Offs Them:

Luna
Neville
Lupin
Tonks
Hagrid
Firenze
Trelawny
Fred
George
Lee

Moody maybe, depends on how he dies, and I'll just be a little sad about him. Ron...if he reverts back to his former self before he just became a bit of an annoying jerk. At the moment he's too much of a sidekick for me to really be that upset if he dies. Him and Hermione, I'll be sad, but we've gotta admit it's high on the suspisions list. And I'll also be upset if one of the good guys kills Snape. Hard to explain why.

That being said, if Lestrange DOESN'T die a horrible bloody death (preferably at the hands/fangs of Lupin) then I will be VERY angry and Rowling will face my wrath in a very angry letter that will then later tell her exactly what I liked and didn't and that she'll probably never read, and even if she does and even in the 100000000000000/1 chance I ever got a reply from the editor, it would probably say something bs like "It was crucial to the plot."

Sigh...That's the problem with popular books. The authors never face ones outrage.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:12 am
Jeremy Wood
Have you guys heard the idea that was started on Pottercast #43 (i think it was)...

It was that Harry will have to go back in time to the day his parents were killed and will be at Godric's Hollow for the killing. It is the only way he will 'know' what happened. Then he told Dumbledore what happened and Dumbledore would have to not tell Harry about that or else he would mess up time. And he wouldn't have to tell Harry not to do what he did (like the chase to the Sorceror's Stone) as he already knew Harry would survive.

I believe that the reason Harry goes back is to find where Voldemort had put the last Horcruxe and then Harry takes it thast is why he can't find the final Horcruxe that should have been in Godric's Hollow, because he already defeated it. And when he destroyed it it gave him a certain scar. In the shape of a lightning bolt.

Where would Harry tell Dumbledore? It would be INCREDIBLY hard to find Dumbledore in the aftermath of Tom Riddle (remembering to pay respects to dear old Albus I am) defeat, as the man would be positively everywhere, speaking and confirming and talking with the Ministry, yada yada yada.

The only place Harry would KNOW where Dumbledore is would be when Dumbledore drops off Harry at the Dursleys and we KNOW that didn't happen.

Confuzzled me is.  

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Jeremy Wood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:43 pm
Lady Greenwitch
Jeremy Wood

Where would Harry tell Dumbledore? It would be INCREDIBLY hard to find Dumbledore in the aftermath of Tom Riddle (remembering to pay respects to dear old Albus I am) defeat, as the man would be positively everywhere, speaking and confirming and talking with the Ministry, yada yada yada.

The only place Harry would KNOW where Dumbledore is would be when Dumbledore drops off Harry at the Dursleys and we KNOW that didn't happen.

Confuzzled me is.

Lol I know, it makes your brain hurt. But at age 17 Harry will get his apparating liscence. He can be wearing his cloak and then... OH MY GOD! VOLDE'S SPELL DIDN'T BACKFIRE! I JUST GOT A MAJOR HURT IN MY HEAD!

What if Voldemort was about to kill Harry when Harry used 'Avada Kedevra' on Voldemort and their wands 'connected' again and because it was the same spell and the little ball hit Voldemort, Voldemort lost his soul! So even VOLDEMORT didn't know what happened because Harry was under his cloak at the time and the ministry couldn't detect it because technically he wasn't underage. SO then... within the 24 hours we have a blank, Harry does a quick apparation thingy outside of #12 Grimmauld Place where he finds Dumbledore in Grimmauld Place and explains everything. He even tells him of the death of his 2 parents (which he could have prevented, but had to let it happen AND that the Order doesn't know about yet) then Dumbledore would have to keep his mouth shut about Harry going back in time because of some type of magic.

MY OPINION,
Jeremy  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:54 pm
Jeremy Wood
Lady Greenwitch
Jeremy Wood

Confuzzled me is.

Lol I know, it makes your brain hurt. But at age 17 Harry will get his apparating liscence. He can be wearing his cloak and then... OH MY GOD! VOLDE'S SPELL DIDN'T BACKFIRE! I JUST GOT A MAJOR HURT IN MY HEAD!

What if Voldemort was about to kill Harry when Harry used 'Avada Kedevra' on Voldemort and their wands 'connected' again and because it was the same spell and the little ball hit Voldemort, Voldemort lost his soul! So even VOLDEMORT didn't know what happened because Harry was under his cloak at the time and the ministry couldn't detect it because technically he wasn't underage. SO then... within the 24 hours we have a blank, Harry does a quick apparation thingy outside of #12 Grimmauld Place where he finds Dumbledore in Grimmauld Place and explains everything. He even tells him of the death of his 2 parents (which he could have prevented, but had to let it happen AND that the Order doesn't know about yet) then Dumbledore would have to keep his mouth shut about Harry going back in time because of some type of magic.

MY OPINION,
Jeremy

But what about the scar, then? Unless of course, he changed the course of history, but that would totally backfire as we all know, and no one could end a series like that.  

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Jeremy Wood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:46 am
Lady Greenwitch
Jeremy Wood
Lady Greenwitch
Jeremy Wood

Confuzzled me is.

MY OPINION,
Jeremy

But what about the scar, then? Unless of course, he changed the course of history, but that would totally backfire as we all know, and no one could end a series like that.

Maybe the scar happened when Voldemort sent the spell and the young Harry was about to die, the green flash was almost there, but then Harry sent AV to Volde and then the whole 'connection' thingy happened. But the .0012 seconds that the spell hit baby Harry was enough to give Harry the scar.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff