Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Okay, So! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weight loss is Good!
  But there are some unpleasant side-effects!
View Results

Faux-Lanzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:52 pm
If you have loose skin it means there is still some fat in there.Our bodies burn the excess fat that is closest to the body first,the last bit of fat clings to the inside of the skin.All I can tell you is that if you get down to your goal weight and you have excess skin,you need to lose more.

Here is a site that explains it better

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:27 am
ehhhh, the sources who agree with that guy who aren't selling a book are a bit slim. Although the more commonly held that sugery is the only thing that will get all the skin is certainly put out by doctors who make a ton of money in the OR.

But basically, that's what we've been saying, he needs to pick up the weights again to build some fat burning muscle while continuing cardio and all that will lower his body fat percentage and hopefully suck in some of the skin.  

dangerousfish

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 pm
dangerousfish
[Emo Ninja 3.0]

xDD Oh yeah. <3
Very good. :3

And, I was working out with them yesterday.
I used to have so much fun working with weights.
But I just don't feel the fun anymore. xP

I like cardio more now. xP
But, cardio isn't going to tone my muscles now, is it?! xD <3

That's funny because I'm the reverse! I do cardio to burn fat all over but I love the results I see lifting because they're more satisfying to me. I can see a muscle getting larger (a new muscle curve makes my day) and my inches going down and that translates to me better than losing a pounds off the scale. I feel I see differences with weights quicker than I do with cardio.

I don't go super huge weights for visual gain but I do stick in the 8-10 rep range. I'm getting the roommates into weights too, one of them did lift some but she was doing the high rep crap people like to try and feed chicks, bleh.

As for screennames, several years ago I got sick of seeing "inuyashalover96405412" that I started keeping an imaginary list of screen names and I always tell people to add that to my list. Some recent additions include "human forks" and "furniture smile".

I mean, you have numbers in your user name but it doesn't scream "800 other people have 99% of my same name."

I remember one of my friends created a sekrit aim account and it was something about loving baked goods and he was like, "man, it is so hard to find a sn these days." XD

PS:
Yay for lifting AND cardio!

I dunno. >.<
I think my retarded coach pretty much killed weights for me. >__o
Oh well. xD I guess I'll just have to rough it out. <3
I mean, It'll help tighten up some of my skin, but there's always going to be a little sagging.
There isn't just muscle and fat in the body.
There are layers of connective tissue between the fat, muscle, and skin.
And that connective tissue also stretches out. so. . .
There's never going to be total tightening from working out 'n stuff.
But I'll live. xD

xD <333 I didn't even know there were any other Emo Ninja sn's out there when I did that. xD
I made it 3.0 because this is my third account, and the third name on the account. xD

I tried playing DDR while working with my Dumbbells at the same time. XDDD
I actually got a good arm work out, and I also felt like I was getting more of a work out. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:11 pm
[Emo Ninja 3.0]

I dunno. >.<
I mean, It'll help tighten up some of my skin, but there's always going to be a little sagging.
But I'll live. xD

xD <333 I didn't even know there were any other Emo Ninja sn's out there when I did that. xD
I made it 3.0 because this is my third account, and the third name on the account. xD

I actually got a good arm work out, and I also felt like I was getting more of a work out. <3

Hahah, I would not have the coordination to play DDR and hold dumbbells. I would fall over on my a** and knock myself in the head with a weight on my way down.

See, that was what I was talking about the numbers, you have to have a reason behind them and I figured yours did or even if you wanted to be an emo ninja you gave it some thought and not just adding a 12 behind it. XD  

dangerousfish

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 pm
dangerousfish
[Emo Ninja 3.0]

I dunno. >.<
But I'll live. xD

Hahah, I would not have the coordination to play DDR and hold dumbbells. I would fall over on my a** and knock myself in the head with a weight on my way down.

See, that was what I was talking about the numbers, you have to have a reason behind them and I figured yours did or even if you wanted to be an emo ninja you gave it some thought and not just adding a 12 behind it. XD

xD <333
That's the funny part. I have practically NO coordination, either. >__o
But, I can do it all really well. xD <3
Well, only on Light. >___> I can do some songs on standard, though. xD

xD Yeah. I never just do 3594438294 Because there are already 10 million people with that name. e__e
I always give things thought.
Actually, my whole NAME has meaning. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:24 am
I used to play DDR a lot a few years ago and I was okay not super advanced like my roommate but they started taking out the 3rd and 5th mixes and replacing them with 7th and the US mix and bleh. Plus the place that was 50 cents took out their machine.

That's cool about doing it with weights. If I still had a ps2 around I could take the sport up again.  

dangerousfish

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games