Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
Snape... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Severus Snape...what do you think?
  He's totally a good guy.
  I hate him! He's evil!
  Snarry...*drool*
  Teehee...Allen Rickman *^^*
  Pole whore ><
View Results

Raven of Silent Death

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:20 pm
I am severely biased when it comes to Snape. I don't like the thought that he's evil.

But my reasoning is that Snape had no choice in killing Dumbledore. He was caught between a rock and a hard place as far as that was concerned. Either he could go against the unbreakable vow he took, which included the stipulation that he finish Draco's task if Draco were to fail, and die; or he could go through with his end of the deal and kill Dumbledore, and live to help the light side as much as possible.

I think Dumbledore was really pleading for Snape to fufill his vow. Dumbledore is a very selfless person, and he knew that if Snape didn't kill him, then Snape would die, Draco too once Voldemort heard of his failure. So he sacrificed himself in the hopes that Snape and Draco, two young and potentially useful spies, would be able to help more than one crippled old man.

He's an unpleasant fellow, there's no question about that, rather, I don't think he's evil. Nor do I think he killed Dumbledore without a compelling reason. He wouldn't have saved Harry on a few different occassions if he really wanted Harry dead.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:49 pm
::First off, HalfBlood, I TOTALLY agree with you. Even if I didn't think so until the movies came out. I'd like to run with the idea that maybe the pensive that Dumbledore is always using is a horcrux, but honestly that idea just came to me and I've not read the later books in ages so it probably makes no sense.
I do and don't agree with you, Lucifer. Don't they say that making a Horcrux is horrible, dark, disgusting magic? If so then I don't think Dumbledore would have one. But if not, he is a very powerful wizard, so he must have one. I don't think he's really coming back. I hope Fawks will do something cool like acting as a little telephone to heaven so that everyone can speak to Dumbledore in their time of need, but I'm sort of doubting that too.
Well, regardless, Snape is awesome and wonderful in my mind and even if he turns out to be evil I think I'd still love him.::

Yaoi_cutie

CottonCandiedCyanide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:28 pm
Yum...Alan Rickman. Teehee...
Snarry..... -Drool-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:53 pm
Rusty Muffin
Dumbledore is dead, I'm almost positive of that. I think it would be too cliche if he came back to life, or turned out to be alive, or something.

I don't know what's going on with Snape, honestly.
I think he's a good guy, and I think something is up that we aren't really suspecting with him...but I really don't have any predictions.

I agree. Although I'm not too fond of Snape myself.  

thecentaurspromise

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:43 pm
I happen to like Snape.
I do believe Dumbles and him had his death planed.
I think Dumbles believes Draco can still be saved so he wanted
Snape to do the dirty work, ya know?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:04 pm
Snape isn't evil. But he isn't good either. He's simply looking out for himself. Right now, his actions can be seen as going either way, it depends on what way you want him to be.

Basically, if Voldy wins he's covered-- not only did he take an Unbreakable Vow to help Draco get rid of the old coot Dumbledore, but he also openly defied the so called "precious" Order that Dumbly was so invested in. The only thing he could get in trouble for would be not immediately stupifying Potter and bringing him to his Leige Lord. But then, there was chance of a capture, and well we all know that would be a good thing. So punishment by Crucio, and then on with the Muggle Killing, etc...

And if the Order wins? Well, didn't he spy for all those years? And didn't he continue (possibly, this is speculation on my part) to feed the Order info, even if it was anonymous? And, if Snape was so evil and he was working for voldemort, then why didn't he grab Harry when he had the chance, and take him to the slimy snake man? And well, everyone knows that Dumbledore wasn't a fool, and he trusted snape, why then so should we. Minister Scrumegore, please don't arrest him, he's really a good guy. Really. How about we just let Harry knock him about a couple times and call it good. After all, Harry wasn't the only one to lose a mentor and father figure, so did poor Severus. And then, horror of horrors, he had to kill said mentor and father figure. Punishment served, don't you think?

Of course, this all hinges on what happens in book seven, but those are kind of my theories on how it could work for Snapey. So far, he's got the perfect story for each side.  

LadyDragon543

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:25 pm
I have spent quality time with wikipedia, and in doing so I discovered this in one of my wanderings The Man....The Enigma: Severus Snape *is Avada Kedavrad by Snape for the Wiki page title*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:10 pm
can I love snape for being evil?  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200
General Harry Potter Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff