Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
The Bookstore Dilemma Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rue (Lement)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:46 pm
Ireember i was in a waldens looking through the books i forgot exactly what i was looking at all i remeber is that it was by Blu so its got that explicit content warning in bold black and white on it and this little boy comes up to me, you know a wannabe gangster probably plays yu-gi-oh and watches pokemon and DBZ every day and he looks at it... Wild rock... thats it, and he asks" hey is that any good" with a smirk i looked down at him and said " Yea if you like looking at guys doin' it."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:23 pm
I love to wonder around the manga section, love to buy new collections every time I go there, but I hate passing at the cash with my bl mangas ... stare Most of the time,the person at the cash is a guy and I always get those weird looks. I'm not ashamed of my purchase, but I feel so uncomfortable when I get a look that says "well,well welly well well! wink teenagers these days..."
gonk Once, the dude opened the book and flipped through the pages (to make sure I hadnt put anything between the pages I guess) but stopped at a certain page with little scene going on xd oh the look on his face.Priceless.After that,he screwed up the cash and forgat to hand me the machine after he passed my card domokun

Mage_Almasy

Darktl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:07 pm
I've never bought shounen-ai/yaoi manga. I've read some, but not bought. I have no privacy in my house, so I'd rather not risk it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:15 pm
xD Hee hee. This thread makes me laugh extremely. I was at Borders today, and squee! They had Gravitation! yay! *has been looking EVERYWHERE* And I was like: Zomgyayigottabuythis! And the back says OT16+.
What. The. Ferk!?
Gravi is like the fluffiest evar! >.> Weirdos. Anyway, the store cashier was really nice, and asked for my email so she could send me vouchers and stuff ^^;; I was afraid she wouldnt let me buy it since it was 16+ *turns 15 this autumn*
^___^ My friend Zander thinks I ONLY read yaoi manga. he was like: "So...which ones are good beginner mangas?" And i'm like: "Hmm...chobits is good, and its popular with guys because it has a lot of pretty girls in it... and Inuyasha, Fushigi Yuugi... Love hina... practically anything by Clamp is good"
And he's like: "are they yaoi?"

And I'm like: "xD WHAA? i read other stuff too!"

Hee.

User_2629207

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:03 am
I brought loveless with my mum and dad and my dad's been really into 'bonding' lately. I think it's a midlife crisis because he took up drumming lessons too... anyways... so he was all like; 'OHHH. What's THAT about?'
And I was like; 'Hn. Cat people.' And I was thinking..... *crap, crap, crap* Don't look THROUGH IT. But anwyays FMA caught his eye. *whew*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:23 pm
I never seen people at the yaoi secetion when i go there but one time i went to the manga area and a guy pointed and laughed at me.... i threw my shoe at him.... im sorta mean.....  

Saidan

Cluttered Cardholder

9,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200

sjggfjshgjfsjsj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:45 pm
Hmmm, let me think. I went to Kinokuniya Bookstore yesterday, and all I bought was Gerard and Jaques vol 1 and 2, and Alone In My King's Harem. The guy at the cash register just smiled at me and asked if I wanted to buy the "I love yaoi" shirt as well. (I would have if I had anymore money but...)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:56 pm
I'm never nervous about buying my yaoi. Then again, I go in so often to get it that the usual cashiers know me and that I like boy love. xd

It's funny though, because when I buy the oh-so-wonderful plastic wrapped goodies, they never even look at me oddly. You'd think they would check with you or something. But I don't mind, it's definately going in my favor. I just bought a yaoi manga yesterday that's over 350 pages and plastic-wrapped. heart

x i a h k i i

RavenSeta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:38 pm
my mom won't let me go shopping unless she's there so I beg her to let me go to the bookstore alone because I want to buy yaoi and bl, she doesn't know I'm obsessed with them or what they mean xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:04 pm
Usually no one is around while I browse the bookshelves. I usually don't buy manga often. But it was kind of strange buying a couple copies of Gravitation at a Barnes and Noble.  

Rainbow Phoenix

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:13 pm
x_saiyuki
I'm never nervous about buying my yaoi. Then again, I go in so often to get it that the usual cashiers know me and that I like boy love. xd

It's funny though, because when I buy the oh-so-wonderful plastic wrapped goodies, they never even look at me oddly. You'd think they would check with you or something. But I don't mind, it's definately going in my favor. I just bought a yaoi manga yesterday that's over 350 pages and plastic-wrapped. heart
... I want 350 pages of that...

ANYWAY.

I got lucky once and snagged a copy of Gakuen Heaven that some blessed soul had ripped the plastic offa. Yay. X3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:23 pm
I don't know WHY I haven't been looked at wierd for getting shonen-ai/VERY SLASHY PERVERTED books. Almost everyone's Mormon! I mean really! D:

Er... Even though I'd probably get stared at for getting, say, Air Gear. I could probably OPEN AND YAOI BOOK IN THE CASHIERS FACE and only get looked at for "Why did you do that?" and not "OMGZ GAY MEN. GETTIT OFF."

: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD  

Duckysushi

x i a h k i i

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:47 pm
Kitsune-chi
x_saiyuki

... I want 350 pages of that...

ANYWAY.

I got lucky once and snagged a copy of Gakuen Heaven that some blessed soul had ripped the plastic offa. Yay. X3

It's called J-Boy, if you wanna look for it. It's amazing. Totally. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 pm
I met someone!!! I was in the manga section looking for a new yaoi and I was reading Princess Princess and some one came introdused themselfs and said she love yaoi and shounen-ai as well so we talked for a while and exchanged phone numbers and I found out she goes to the same school as me! eek So now we exchange our yaoi and shounen manga from time to time! blaugh  

Banned_189373

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:39 am
Tear of Death
Hmmm, let me think. I went to Kinokuniya Bookstore yesterday, and all I bought was Gerard and Jaques vol 1 and 2, and Alone In My King's Harem. The guy at the cash register just smiled at me and asked if I wanted to buy the "I love yaoi" shirt as well. (I would have if I had anymore money but...)

OMG. THEY HAVE I LOVE YAOI SHIRTS AT KINOKUNIYA?
DON'T MIND ME ASKING BUT DO YOU HAPPEN TO LIVE IN SINGAPORE... *just wondering*  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff