Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mr. Dark Stories Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:25 am
My Asatruar friend's ex-boyfriend believed himself to be the reincarnation of King Arthur (I mentioned her other ex in another thread--she picked the weirdest guys. At least her hubby's normal...for now). He was a nice guy--a total sweetheart, in fact, but he thought he was King Arthur, and that he had a dragon living in him named Morgreth. He even bought a sword that had "Excalibur" engraved on the hilt. lol

I wonder what happened to that guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:30 am
BlueRoseTorn
My Astruar friend's ex-boyfriend believed himself to be the reincarnation of King Arthur (I mentioned her other ex in another thread--she picked the weirdest guys. At least her hubby's normal...for now). He was a nice guy--a total sweetheart, in fact, but he thought he was King Arthur, and that he had a dragon living in him named Morgreth. He even bought a sword that had "Excalibur" engraved on the hilt. lol

But Arthur's not dead. He's just sleeping in Avalon. Which reminds me, it's my destiny to give him a cup of coffee to wake him. That b*****d still owes me a barony somewhere.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:31 am
BlueRoseTorn
My Astruar friend's ex-boyfriend believed himself to be the reincarnation of King Arthur. He was a nice guy--a total sweetheart, in fact, but he thought he was King Arthur, and that he had a dragon living in him named Morgreth. He even bought a sword that had "Excalibur" engraved on the hilt. lol

I don't think that actually counts as a Mr. Dark story. Mr. Dark stories, by Deoridhe's definition, are stories made up by a person or group of people to condemn someone who they think attacks/stalks them or to make themselves feel like they're being victimised in some way. That's a bad paraphrase. She explains it much better. I don't think your friend falls into that category. He may have been a bit of a loony, but probably harmless.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:32 am
missmagpie
BlueRoseTorn
My Astruar friend's ex-boyfriend believed himself to be the reincarnation of King Arthur. He was a nice guy--a total sweetheart, in fact, but he thought he was King Arthur, and that he had a dragon living in him named Morgreth. He even bought a sword that had "Excalibur" engraved on the hilt. lol

I don't think that actually counts as a Mr. Dark story. Mr. Dark stories, by Deoridhe's definition, are stories made up by a person or group of people to condemn someone who they think attacks/stalks them or to make themselves feel like they're being victimised in some way. That's a bad paraphrase. She explains it much better. I don't think your friend falls into that category. He may have been a bit of a loony, but probably harmless.

Well then, my bad. sweatdrop

EDIT: In Deo's post, it says that "other times" it can target an individual as a scapegoat, while, at times, it's just a self-indulgent fantasy in the person's mind.  

queertastrophy

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:33 am
reagun ban
BlueRoseTorn
My Astruar friend's ex-boyfriend believed himself to be the reincarnation of King Arthur (I mentioned her other ex in another thread--she picked the weirdest guys. At least her hubby's normal...for now). He was a nice guy--a total sweetheart, in fact, but he thought he was King Arthur, and that he had a dragon living in him named Morgreth. He even bought a sword that had "Excalibur" engraved on the hilt. lol

But Arthur's not dead. He's just sleeping in Avalon. Which reminds me, it's my destiny to give him a cup of coffee to wake him. That b*****d still owes me a barony somewhere.

rofl heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 am
reagun ban
BlueRoseTorn

Grrr.... you getting to things slightly faster than I do. mrgreen But doesn't Arthur's awakening presage the end of the world? So the world will end with you giving him a cup of coffee? Actually, damn I'd love one right now. I've been living on chocolate all day. Haven't had a cup of coffee in nearly four weeks now sad  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:21 pm
BlueRoseTorn
missmagpie
BlueRoseTorn

I think most "ookie spookie" "supernatural" delusions of grandure or trauma fall into the Mr. Dark group.

EDIT: In Deo's post, it says that "other times" it can target an individual as a scapegoat, while, at times, it's just a self-indulgent fantasy in the person's mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:56 pm
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
missmagpie
BlueRoseTorn

I think most "ookie spookie" "supernatural" delusions of grandure or trauma fall into the Mr. Dark group.

^ Apologies. My bad. redface I stand corrected.

In that case, I guess your story is a valid Mr. Dark story. Deo also mentioned, though, that there's usually some kind of hysteria or evil scheme involved in it somewhere that the self-indulgence is based on.  

Pelta

xsparkledovex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:34 pm
[Feather]s Soul
I don't think that's a Mr. Dark Story. . . From what I gather, it's a fantasy that people live to make their lives more interesting, not stories that are passed around that are depressing. ((IE- You and a group of friends have to stop this unimaginable evil. Your friend starts acting 'funny' and you 'know' that the grreat evil has possesed him, and now you have to purify his soul by death or forceful purification. ))

Sounds like RP taken too far eek  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:10 am
bluewolfcub
[Feather]s Soul
I don't think that's a Mr. Dark Story. . . From what I gather, it's a fantasy that people live to make their lives more interesting, not stories that are passed around that are depressing. ((IE- You and a group of friends have to stop this unimaginable evil. Your friend starts acting 'funny' and you 'know' that the grreat evil has possesed him, and now you have to purify his soul by death or forceful purification. ))

Sounds like RP taken too far
eek
I think that is a key characteristic of Mr.Dark's.  

TeaDidikai

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:36 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
missmagpie
BlueRoseTorn

^ Apologies. My bad. redface I stand corrected.

In that case, I guess your story is a valid Mr. Dark story. Deo also mentioned, though, that there's usually some kind of hysteria or evil scheme involved in it somewhere that the self-indulgence is based on.

Well, he did believe that Odin told him to instruct everyone close to him in his life to become celibate, and he was rather persistent about it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:52 pm
BlueRoseTorn

Well, he did believe that Odin told him to instruct everyone close to him in his life to become celibate, and he was rather persistent about it. sweatdrop

Yikes! Wouldn't want to meet the guy! How did he justify sleeping with his girlfriend then (if he did)? Does sound like a Mr. Dark case. *shudders*  

Pelta

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:01 pm
missmagpie
BlueRoseTorn

Yikes! Wouldn't want to meet the guy! How did he justify sleeping with his girlfriend then (if he did)? Does sound like a Mr. Dark case. *shudders*

They stopped having sex about a year into the relationship, after his "revelation" (I really can't see Odin telling someone this, after all of the children He fathered. It seems a bit unlikely confused ) from Odin. They still lived together, he just slept on the couch.

He's honestly a sweetheart of a guy, and I truly miss him, but he was a bit of a nutter. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:03 pm
BlueRoseTorn

Silly AlFather god. Such a hypocrit.  

TeaDidikai

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:07 pm
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn

Silly AlFather god. Such a hypocrit.

xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas