Bad luck Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:48 am
Methos smiled. The girl was obviously a fledgling immortal, beyond her difficulty with this type of wound. Faking weakness and passivity to get a stronger immortal off-guard was an old trick, one he hadn't fallen for for a very long time.

He pulled a few things from his bag. One of them was a piece of wood wrapped in leather, heavily dented as if bitten repeatedly. "Open your mouth," he said, his tone softening.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:56 am
She considered staring at him like he was nuts before obeying and opening her mouth, why not, he hadn't done anything against her at lest so she was willing to be a little more trusting.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 pm
Trying not to startle her, Methos pushed the leather-covered wood between her teeth. They were practically nose-to-nose, and he smiled reassuringly. "Like I said, it's going to hurt. Bite on that, it'll help."

He opened her blouse with a lack of self-consciousness, exposing the oozing wound. Pale blue sparks danced over it, as if unable to catch, like a dead battery. "The bullet is lodged in your rib," he explained. "It's really slowing down your healing process."

Grasping a long pair of narrow foreceps, he ignored the girl's squirming and inserted the tips into the wound, pushing with swift surety until he encountered the object he was looking for. Gripping her shoulder with his free hand, he snagged and pulled, sitting back on his coffee table triumphantly with the bloody forceps in hand. Caught in the pincers was the misshapen lump that had been a bullet.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:39 pm
She was proud of herself, she didn't honestly scream, whimper loudly yes, wish she could kill someone sure, but she didn't scream, once he was done she did rip the leather bit from her mouth to curse loudly. She manged to hit at lest four languages in her cursing even, the joys of traveling, her nails bit into her palms hard enough to draw blood but she really wasn't caring about that at the moment. "Bloody hell."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:05 pm
"You're welcome," Methos said smugly, watching as the blue Quickening sparks caught and began to quickly heal the newly bleeding wound. He dropped the bullet into a small brass bowl that currently held spare change and paper clips, then went to retrieve the leather bit.

"Careful with this," he said. "The last person who had it in his mouth was Butch Cassidy. Historical item, and what not."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:41 pm
She blinked at him a moment before not even trying to think that over, not in the mood to really, right now a shower, change of clothes, and a nice stiff drink sounded about right, course she also owed him some form of thanks annoyingly enough. Which would be why a moment later she sighed as she went to close her shirt, not really caring all that much given at lest her bra was intact, but figuring it was polite-ish at lest. "Um, yeah, thanks, sorry about your couch though...um, could mail you check or something?"  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:50 pm
"Forget it," Methos sighed. "I'm always changing the cushions on that thing."

I should cover it in plastic, all the bleeding gets done on it, he thought. Damn, am I gonna have to move again?

"You can take a shower, if you like," he added, waving awkwardly in the direction of his small bathroom. "I'll fix you some hot coffee -- or something stronger, if you prefer."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:00 pm
She wasn't exactly wanting to stay in his house longer than needed but she could exactly wander back to her hotel room blood covered either given the type of neighborhood it was in. It was his fault, if he hadn't of offered she would have said thanks, done a little bow and been off, okay minus the bow she wasn't the bowing type of person.

"Sure, thanks, you got any guest towels so I don't have to go rumeging?" Cause digging through random closets didn't sound like the brightest of things to do. Of course the next problem was her shirt was trash, but she figured she could just honestly button up her jacket and no one would know, it'd work till she could get to the hotel at lest.

"And a drink sounds damned good, don't care what by this point." Again if he hadn't have offered, so she could have been nice and said no and left anyways, but oh well. She flashed a smile, "Oh, I'm Phoenix by the way."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Phoenix? Don't hear that every day -- outside of Arizona. "Adam," Methos smiled, kicking himself internally. How MacLeod would laugh to see him now, aiding a damsel in distress.

When, not exactly distress so much as confusion. He disappeared briefly into his bedroom, then returned with a couple of blue towels and an oversized white t-shirt. "These should help."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:29 pm
"Well Adam I guess I owe you thank in more ways than one." She stood, thankful that she wasn't in pain now, not a big fan of being in pain by any means. But went to take the towels and shirt, that fixed that at lest which got her to be simi-happier before giving a mock bow before heading off for the bathroom without another word.
(have company over, not sure when i'll be on, just sometime later tonight)  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:42 pm
Methos blinked at the closed bathroom door. Did she just mock bow at me? Should I be offended? 'Cause I'm sure she's making fun of me.

Still, it didn't matter much to Methos. His good deed for the week was done. Whistling tunefully, he sauntered into the kitchen and turned on his coffee maker. She could use the caffeine buzz to get her wherever she needed to go when she left.

OOC: Have fun with your company! See you when I see you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 pm
It didn't take her long in the shower, she didn't have any reason to be long, if anything it took her longer getting dressed, though she came back out of the bathroom a max of ten minutes later. She was trying in vain to towel dry her hair some but it was at a length that it just wasn't going to work so she finally left it alone and just ran her fingers through it. It was going to look like hell when it dried but that was a little besides the point she figured.

The smell of coffee pulled a real smile from her for a second before she hid it, "Hello? Adam?" Point for her, she remembered his name, which was pretty good for her, she didn't have a memory for names, faces sure, but never names.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:18 pm
"I'm in the kitchen," came Adam's pleasant voice, accompanied by the clink of cups and other coffee making sounds. "Make yourself at home."

He had tidied up a bit while she was in the shower. His coat and all its hidden weapons was hanging near the door, the medical bag and the bullet fragment were gone, and the couch cushion with the blood smear had been turned around.

Over all, the place looked like a male student lived there. Untidy but not overly messy, piles of books and papers here and there, a few empty beer bottles, a computer on a cluttered desk.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:33 pm
Phoenix almost smirked on the look of the place but tossed her jacket on the couch, leaving her swords with it shockingly, she kinda doubted by this point he was planning on trying to kill her, he had a few good chances already after all. She looked through some of the book titles with a hint of interest, not touching anything, just looking, she wouldn't really go through anything at any rate. She had to admit he was a good deal neater then she was, anywhere she stayed the floor couldn't be seen within a week of her being there between clothes thrown about, random books, papers, weapons, and other things about.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 pm
Adam appeared around the corner from the kitchen, bearing a tray with two cups of coffee and various additives (such as sugar, cream, and lemon.) It seemed a rather old fashion gesture, but the tall young man seemed unaware of any incongruity as he set the tray down on the coffee table.

"Feel free to doctor it as you like," he said, taking his own cup and settling back in an arm chair.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff