Mika or Nana?
  Mika
  Anna
  someone else
View Results

~Moi-meme-Moitie~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:33 pm
dixieme
I personaly love Mika Nakashima and Anna Tsuchiya. The both of them have amazing talent. Though Mika cannot act to save her life. Wow...she totally cannot play the Nana character. Even though she looks like her; she had no personality acting. Mika Nakashima should never act ever. I saw her on screen and wanted to punch her for destroying that part. Plus her music was so not anything I'd expect Blast to play. It was more like all of her music rather than something that would be Blast unlike Anna Tsuchiya's music which I think perfectly captures the Nana character's esence so to speak. Anna thought more about writing music as Nana rather than Mika who I think tried to do that but failed. I'm not saying 'Glamorous Sky' is a bad song. It's a really good song, but it sounds more like a Mika Nakashima song rather then, a Blast song.
Anna Tsuchiya would make a better Nana, even though she doesn't neccesarily(sp?) look exactly like her; she could pull it off.

-completely agrees-

<__< Seriously, Mika could not act. And her music just isn't suited for Nana, I do like her music, but I feel Anna Tsuchiya just fits the part better. AND she can act.

If anyones seen "Kamikaze Girls" they'll know. I think Ichigo's attitude and Nana's attitude are sort of similar, and Tsuchiya Anna PWNED that role. I think she would have fit the acting role better then Mika... <__< Mika was just too.... flat, I think.

It's true that Mika has Nana's looks to almost perfection, but if I had to choose between someone who looks more like Nana versus someone who could better fit the actual ACTING, I would chose the later. =/

<__< I could go on.. but I won't. XP  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:33 pm

Oh please go on. I'd love to hear more on what you have to say! xd

And plus, I'm sure it'll spark more conversation among everyone! xp

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

MiyukoKDU

Gracious Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 pm
Definitely Mika. From the first moment where I saw her and heard her singing, I thought "That should be the real Nana!".. she looks exactly how she should look as Nana.. but it's a pitty about her long hair ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:19 pm
i think even though her music is lighter usually, mika totally pulls it off. she is really strong in the film and has a captivating voice. she looks just like nana too. not sayinf she is anywhere near fat but anna has a more athletic build and a rounder face that doesnt fit with nana's personality  

yummy yumi-chan

nativehoney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:39 pm
hmmm I love both mika and anna soo much but I think that mika should play her for looks but have more of annas rock additude but either one could play her.Mika is sooo beautiful and one of my favorite singers but always looks sooo sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i support cupcakes...

Hmmm, I don't know too much about Anna, but I just googled some pics of her and I don't think she has quite the look of Nana as Mika does.

and eating them =]

DiGiTALolita

aKuma_TsubaSa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:47 am
MIKA hell yea!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:10 pm
WHHHAAAT!!! Proposterous!! Anna should've won. And I'm not saying this because I don't like Mika it's just to me Mika made a TERRIBLE Nana. She was so robotic, had no stage presence and wasn't edgy enough to be nana. Sure she was really thin like Nana is supposed to be, but Anna seems to have what Nana's face would look like. Which is really really pretty plus when she looked like Nana in her rose vid she seemed like Nana brought to life. Besides that if anyone has seen the movie Kamekaze girls, you'll see that Anna would've better suited the role for Nana hands down.

P.s

I love Mika her music is insanely awesome but she just can't be a good nana  

sharkgrrl2000

hoshikogen

3,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:25 pm
schzoid_baka
I've seen this little debate go one elsewhere's and it got pretty interesting. So I just have to bring it up here:

So who makes the better Nana? Nakashima Mika or Tsuchiya Anna?

Please state your pick and your reason. And play nice.

i have to say mika because it's more of a departure from her general roles & music to be a "punk rocker" whereas that's all you see anna doing. mika is more versatile than anna. heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm
I like Mika as the character and Anna as the musical voice, but I enjoy what both bring for Nana. It's just a thought after all, right?  

Tetsuya Saki

chisnax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 pm
i was really disappointed to find out that Mika played Nana in the movie.
i was so sure that it was gonna be Anna.

i think Anna would be Nana in real life.
no joke.

plus i don't find Mika that attractive.
i don't like her voice either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:09 am
i like mika because she looks the part and her album The End fits nana nicely.i like anna too but...i don'tknow..i like her music in general but it doesn't seem that nan-ish it me....and just throwing this up but i think sana from thee out mods would make a good nana since she has almost the same hair style and she plays punk music.sana -nana-anna...they sound alike  

Lullus

elpantalones

Beloved Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:30 pm

User Image Hey Nana,

I'll say Anna Tsuchiya, and I've seen the movie before I ever saw the anime.
I still think Anna is more suited, although I still love mIka Nakashima very much.

User Image
Making your dreams come true and being happy...
Why are the two separate things?
I still don't know why.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:49 pm
I like Anna more. The way she sings and the voice. Its so perfect ^^
But Mika is such a dead ringer for Nana its amazing eek

raye rei

Choclat

3,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 pm
Mika is so cute with long hair. whee
I thought Anna would have been a great Nana in the movies. She had a great look in the Rose MV. (Olivia Lufkin should have def. been a great bet for Reira. She's like a spitting image. Sadly, her Japanese is not as perfected as Yuna Ito.)  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff