Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Ongoing Contest for Guild Home Page displays Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  if it's good!
View Results

crystal_raye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA.

I've actually been there and although it's nothing when compaired architecturally to the others suggested it is a powerful memorial to lost loved ones and a triumph of the human spirit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I like the mars rovers so I decided to post it!  

[ Hippoman ]

wvgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:39 pm
-i came up with this-
STILL HERE TODAY
by Ashley Case (wvgirl)

What is it that you want?
What is it that I need?
Why am I in your prison?
Why am I in your mind?

My wrist feels like paper,
and all of you are new lines,
running down this sidewalk of my wrist.

Scream cause we cant run away,
Cry cause we're without love,
Bleed cause we're ashamed,
But make a wish of pixie dust,
And just believe this-
We're still here today.

Why is this girl running down her nails?
Why does this girl have fire green eyes?

She dreams of places too far away.
So she lies down and...

Screams, cause i can't run away,
Cries cause im without love,
Bleed cause im ashamed.
But make a wish upon a lamp,
And just believe this,
Im still here today.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:39 pm
wvgirl
-i came up with this-
STILL HERE TODAY
by Ashley Case (wvgirl)

What is it that you want?
What is it that I need?
Why am I in your prison?
Why am I in your mind?

My wrist feels like paper,
and all of you are new lines,
running down this sidewalk of my wrist.

Scream cause we cant run away,
Cry cause we're without love,
Bleed cause we're ashamed,
But make a wish of pixie dust,
And just believe this-
We're still here today.

Why is this girl running down her nails?
Why does this girl have fire green eyes?

She dreams of places too far away.
So she lies down and...

Screams, cause i can't run away,
Cries cause im without love,
Bleed cause im ashamed.
But make a wish upon a lamp,
And just believe this,
Im still here today.

I really like!  

i_love_nutmeg

Kozar Rockamora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:31 pm
I think we need something not of a architectural or scientific marvel, but something more symbolic. Something that be meaningful to all people. What we need is something that will communicate an idea, a concept, that speaks well of humanity.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:02 pm
Well, I think Salvidor Dali's artwork is pretty awsome. I find it so amazing that he can make two things look so similar but be completly different. I love realistic surrealism!!!

So here is one my favorite of his paintings, The Metamorphosis of Narcissus:

Winner! This will be used in May. Trade to be sent shortly. Thank you!  

Flarya

Flarya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:03 pm
C. Kozar
I think we need something not of a architectural or scientific marvel, but something more symbolic. Something that be meaningful to all people. What we need is something that will communicate an idea, a concept, that speaks well of humanity.

A very good idea. If anyone can find anything that amazing, please let me know wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:59 pm
Largest aquarium in the world, The Georgia Aquarium uses 8 million gallons of water, more than 100,000 animals 500 different species is located in Antlanta, Georgia.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

-Tasty Bread-

security officer1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:55 pm
sorry got nothing  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:56 pm
would the eiffel tower help or a war robot  

security officer1

katztears

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:28 pm
this is one of my first poems...well, at least since ive been writing poetry on a daily basis. it's definately NOT my best, but hey! its the happiest one i have in my notebook. and also, it seems to give at least me good advice! lol.

A Wish for You
By Kat Kerr

Find who you love
Fight with whom you like
Don't let it all go
Until the time is right
Feel the chill of the rain
Its hard, cold touch
Find your inner beauty
And love it that much
They are your friends
Let the feelings stay
And don't dance too often
Until a rainy day
May love keep you company
May happiness find you
May hope make you wise
And don't let love blind you  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:05 pm
Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Louisiana is the listed in Guinness Book of World Records as the longest bridge at
23 miles 1538 yards. The bridge is supported by 9500 pilings, thus does not meet the requisite of the longest span.

User Image

User Image

User Image

sites you can look on;

http://www.neworleansnorthshore.com/cms/index.php?id=136

http://www.nae.edu/nae/cwe/egmain.nsf/weblinks/ESER-5J7LEP?OpenDocument

http://www.answers.com/topic/lake-pontchartrain-causeway

as a last resort;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Pontchartrain_Causeway  

ameshinju

hoarilysatan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 pm
I am submitting a painting by Mark Ryden. It is one of my favorites:

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:21 pm
I submit
the Lord of the Rings
and J.R.R. Tolkien

Tolkien is completely amazing
he created his first language in his 20s, it was elvish
and he created middle earth, which is brilliant

Lord of the Rings is one of the most recognized Tolkien book

His achievement is uncomparable  

JenJenEvil

Nixstress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:20 am
Hey, erm, I don't have much.. But here's a pro I once wrote.

Sweetest Goodbyes

Boredom stirs, clinging to the dark, decaying air. I inhale a gulp of what seems to be a lot of nothing. I feel myself linger about the midnight air, as I cast my iced eyes about the empty and deserted courtyard. Loneliness grips at my gut, tightening it’s grasp crushing the life from me. My lips are poised in to the dirtiest of smirks as I sink into thought and thinking. How long must I wait? I do not know. All I know is this; I alone must stand, watch and scream. Sweet goodbyes from motionless lips follow me. How long must I go on like this? No body knows. With a harsh rusted blade I’m slitting my throat trying to be heard, heard by you. But no one is listening to me, not even you right now.
They watch on with disbelieving eyes of what is right in front of them, you scream a screech, so high it hurts me. Still not listening? While the red liquid spills over the gravel under me. Each stone covered with the crimson of my life essence that even through my death, amounts up to nothing. Curses, through my life play on me. I stand alone now. Hand rising to grab, to hold, to hug, passing through what ever I try.
Loneliness clouds me, my heart aching more now. I see what I have done and become. Lips solemnly quiver, shaking off the thought of the voice that once persisted from them. Who am I now? No monster of life. Sister’s of sisters come, no one sees me. For who is but to dance with the dead, think not on what you dismay. Lord why do I walk the land of the dead? Why do you toucher me so?
No answers do come, not one. I breathe in nothing once more and once again. Music surrounding me, it’s lonely as me. Beat, slow, not from the land of the living. From here, here is my sound. Confused wells behind the logic of time and age. Age befits nothing within me now. Something calls me, my name. A word not one that I have heard through these years of age, no. The name, a gun shot as memories pull back to me. In to me like shards of a shattered soul. My life is not worth living for one reason. Life is not meant to me. I walk a path, not your path.
I watch over, I am the guardian of youth. I know what I am as I stand tall over you. My bony arms spread to a cross as I feel something at my back, lifting me higher in to the calm settled air. My fingers grab at something, swinging it round. My soul is keeping me up. disturbing the settled air as I hold up my prize. My hopes and your dreams put together make something that not even I control with all my strengths. Left-over love is there. Your love keeps me going as I watch over you, with your teared eyes and rose red cheeks. You let me go as bled out for you, notice me not. Your fair hair may fall over your shoulders, covering all that you wish to hide from the world but I’ll see.
Those dainty hands grab at me, holding me up though you know I’m gone. Fighting all though that I could be here by you, you flee. You are running for miles in your own head. Smart girl, but I follow, I watch over you now. I’ll never let you go. It is my job, your angel. Never been guided before? Never had my wing, I am your soul mate, more then you know.

®

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff