Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy?
  Fluff Bunnies
  Serious Pagans
  Who Cares? Give Me Gold!
View Results

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:01 am
I was a huge fluffbunny my teenage years. I can't even begin to go into the sheer amount of fluff that I accepted and believed.

I grew up, thankfully, and while still slightly crazy and annoying, I'm not a fluffbunny anymore ( I hope).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Acording to some, I was somewhat fluffy as a teen.......some of the things I believed back then I would never say or do now. My friend on the other hand, grew out of Witchcraft and is now an athiest.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Eliza9790

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:52 pm
I'm 16. I've never read Teen Witch, but I read another book by Horne. I was not impressed. She seemed... idk- just not very serious about it. She just seemed into for magic, the titles, and just retarded reasons.

I suppose everyone goes through a slightly fluffy stage, when they get into it. Mine wasn't as much of a pompous rebellious fluff stage but more of a absolutely unbelievable ignorant stage.

I think that the new teen generations is going to help grow paganism, some. Allot of the non-fluffy ones will eventually grow out of it, and become Christians, atheists, and if were lucky great pagans. While a few loud obnoxious ones will become the Hornes and Ravenwolfs of the future.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:48 pm
Eliza9790

I think that the new teen generations is going to help grow paganism, some. Allot of the non-fluffy ones will eventually grow out of it, and become Christians, atheists, and if were lucky great pagans.
Why do you think that, though?  

Frail Appetite

Starlock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:31 am
Frail Appetite
Eliza9790

I think that the new teen generations is going to help grow paganism, some. Allot of the non-fluffy ones will eventually grow out of it, and become Christians, atheists, and if were lucky great pagans.

One thing I think of that would create a positive benefit is the simple influx of more people. More people generates a greater number of ideas. That can be both of benefit and of detriment depending on how you look at it. On the one hand some innovative practices could come out, but with more ideas there can also be more bad ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:18 am
Starlock
Frail Appetite
Eliza9790

One thing I think of that would create a positive benefit is the simple influx of more people. More people generates a greater number of ideas. That can be both of benefit and of detriment depending on how you look at it. On the one hand some innovative practices could come out, but with more ideas there can also be more bad ideas.
I think an influx of new people would be great if there were similarly more reputable and easily-accessible sources of knowledge. Example: I entered a local Barnes & Noble and made a beeline for the "New Age" section. They of course carried Silverwolf, Penczak, Conway, and Browne (I shudder in sympathy for Jaden every time I see her name), but no Hutton. No Crowley. No Gardner. Those books were the sort that you had to know up front what you were looking for and have them ordered.

Seems like fluff sells too well; when your influx is being caught from the start by fluffbunnies who bill themselves as primary sources, it takes more work to fix the problems than if reality is sold earlier. It's kind of like a University having to re-teach a child who learned bad mathematical or scientific concepts in grade school.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 pm
I was a fluffy but more in the way of "hey this sounds like something I could be intersted in(Wicca), let me gather as much information about anything about it as possible!!!!!"

I grew and decided that Wicca wasn't for me(the way Gardner portrays it as an ancient religion with its own original rites and blah blah ETC ETC bothers me) so I turned to Paganism instead and I'm now studying under an Asatruan Priest to be an Egyptian Pagan.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 am
Dema
I'm now studying under an Asatruan Priest to be an Egyptian Pagan.

huh?  

maenad nuri
Captain

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:01 am
Nuri
Dema

huh?

Isn't Asatru the ones who worship the Norse Pantheon? If so, how would an Asatruan Priest be able to teach one about how to worship the Greek Deities correctly?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:07 am
jaden kendam
Nuri
Dema

huh?

Isn't Asatru the ones who worship the Norse Pantheon? If so, how would an Asatruan Priest be able to teach one about how to worship the Greek Deities correctly?
Or the Egyptian even. xd wink  

Pelta

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:11 am
Dema
*snip*....I'm now studying under an Asatruan Priest to be an Egyptian Pagan.

You're what now?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:14 pm
Pelta
jaden kendam
Nuri
Dema

huh?

Or the Egyptian even. xd wink

Yeah, it would probably help if I keep the pantheons straight, less someone wants to be beat me. Though I may enjoy that.  

jaden kendam

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 pm
Dema
Asatruan Priest

We have priests? I thought we had Gothis and Gythias.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:37 pm
Deoridhe
Dema
Asatruan Priest

We have priests? I thought we had Gothis and Gythias.
You know, I'll have to add that to my list of fun things to dedicate to Loki.

#12 Instruct someone in some other pantheons beliefs.

"Now, for this special Ritual to Ra you do at the darkest part of the Winter Solstice. While carying a lamp you must wrestle a snake. Thus do you strengthen Ra in his battles against Apep which he does every night when he wrestles him."
"Wha? Asten what are you telling that kid? Ra doesn't~"
"Fiddler, shhhh! Who's the Astruinian Priest here? Right.. So anyways, start searching the field. I sense your power level is low so you might want to start with a garter snake."  

Astenwroth

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:49 pm
As much as I do tend to object to personal and direct misdirection...
I honestly like the massive amount of utter offal out there.

I imagine everyone by now has heard my belecose diatribe about how Silver Ravenwolf is the best thing that ever happened to initiatory, mystery religions. sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff