Submit

How would you rate this model?
  10- Golder Deamon Quality
  5-OK for casual gaming
View Results

Andreis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 am
Its good my friend, but not perfect.
If you are satisfied with your own work. ******** everyone else, it doesnt matter.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 pm
The 'scripture' is far too wide, and the paint has been applied too thickly. Although you've got the basic flat colours there and a little highlighting you need to work on technique of applying the paint most of all.  

Dark Lore

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:27 pm
The Gold and Black makes it look more like a Chaos dread, I'd advise against the gold. Lenses are good. I find that text is best in moderation, and remember the spaces.

Also, apart from the model, try to hold back on the txt-tlk in the thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:09 am
Lacks any real outstanding qualitys like a major modification that works to a theme. Also the paint job is too thick and well to contrasting. Good try though  

[RX8]

MegaKx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:38 am
i would have used less paint and maybe some highlites
:]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:24 pm
Andreis
If you are satisfied with your own work. ******** everyone else, it doesnt matter.
Well, he went and made a thread where he wanted everyone to come and rate it. He doesn't care that anyone has posted here, and likely hasn't even read any of the posts; he just wanted to see what people thought in a number sense, and that was all.

Thus, I have no sympathy. Anyone who tries so hard and goes out of their way to have people look at their models and give them a rating deserves no sympathy. I post my models in the appropriate thread, I don't ask for comments, I don't ask for suggestions, I dont' ask for a rating. If anyone wants to supply any of that information, I'd be more than happy to read it, but I won't go out of my way to pull it out of you.

What makes him so much better than you or I that he needs his own thread and needs to have everyone rate it? Why does he need to know what everyone else thinks if he's satisfied with it himself? Ask and ye shall receive.

ninja ((Not liable for inferrances of rant.))  

Xenos Mortium

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:38 am
Xenos Mortium
What makes him so much better than you or I that he needs his own thread

QFE for most of this sumborum's threads.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:10 pm
In a way Mortium you are correct. HOwever, I do have a feeling that for a while people posted their own threads, as I did, because no on ever looked at the damned painting thread. Now it is a sticky, so problem solved.  

Andreis

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:02 am
Andreis
In a way Mortium you are correct. HOwever, I do have a feeling that for a while people posted their own threads, as I did, because no on ever looked at the damned painting thread. Now it is a sticky, so problem solved.
People still don' t look at it. crying

ninja Or at least they don't want to post about my stuff I just posted...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 pm
Xenos Mortium
Andreis
People still don' t look at it. crying

ninja Or at least they don't want to post about my stuff I just posted...

I look sometimes.

Often actually.  

Andreis

Spawn More Overlords

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:15 pm
HawaiianHero
cmon ppl plz rate!

I'd give it a 7... I get what kind of look you're trying to do, but something doesn't seem to really fit right... I think that it's the fact that it looks so pristine. But then again, I'm big on making my things look battleworn and beaten.

But also, I play Orks, so it is a little different...

Sarcophagus was done nicely. (sp on sarcophagus?)

Like the glass.

If you like the writing idea, perhaps it should be redone with a finer brush, and maybe a little less of it.

I don't know it's a fair assessment, but that's just my two cents.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:29 am
I think I've got to agree with Spawn More Overlords, above, I'd give it a 7 too.

It's far from being 'Eavy Metal quality, but it is better than a regular paint job.
One can tell that you've had quite a bit of experience with painting due to the glass/lenses (I envy you and will try to paint glass cool like that too ^_^)

The white lines (guessing i's text)... repeating everyone else, way too thick *shakes head* and way too much of it too. Here and there is all you need.

But aye, overall it's a good job with some bad points (hey, noone's perfect.. except the 'Eavy Metal guys.. they've gotta be robots or something blaugh )  

nopor pierre

Elstumpo

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:07 pm
Meeeh.. give it a 5. These things can be hard to paint, but fix up the writing if anything! <_>  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:21 am
nopor pierre
(hey, noone's perfect.. except the 'Eavy Metal guys.. they've gotta be robots or something blaugh )
I've seen a woodelf special character dragon which made growen men weep.  

Reddemon

jtownrocks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:47 pm
yoo the stripes just killed it dude. im not saying im better than u but ive seen alott of stuff and that would be very good without the stripes domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun cheese_whine cheese_whine dramallama wahmbulance emo burning_eyes ninja 4laugh rofl burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff