Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dragon magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:08 pm
Dark Water Mage
Light Chakra
My friend claims that he is into all of these different things, but there was only one thing that registered on my radar(as in I thought the rest was bullshit).
Dragon magic, I think I've heard of it before...
But here's my question, is it bullshit?
Does it work, or have any basis in reality?
Its where you connect into the astreal plane and tap into dragon energies 3nodding theres a book somewhere about it........
*Burns Dancing with Dragons* There. Now you won't have to absorb the idiocy that is Conway. Why is she an idiot? She makes s**t up and she never once mentions an evil or neutral dragon. They're all wonderful, helpful and would never think of harming a human...for any reason...even if that human is really pissing it off.
Tea

Naw- even that aside, the suggestion I would make would be that if people want to work with "dragons" work with dragon shaped thoughtforms.
Not enough people know about those...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:36 pm
Sovereign of Darkness

Tea

Naw- even that aside, the suggestion I would make would be that if people want to work with "dragons" work with dragon shaped thoughtforms.
Sucks to be them?  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:33 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness

Tea

Sucks to be them?
O.o Damn...all those stupid poor fluffies.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:38 am
Kuroiban
Charity.Solei
This is an area that has always interested me. My best friend claims to be a "Dragoon". Now I believe in such possibilities so she could be a dragoon or she could just think she is because of her love of dragons and Dragon lore. Any way does any one know of any good books on the subject of Dragon mythology?

I mean other then the sterotypical dragon takes princess. Princess dies or becomnes their servent. While I like those stories I know their is much more out there. So, yeah. I am interested in Dragonic lore.

Dragoon eh? How high can she jump?

Actually, a Dragoon is mounted infantry.
The word was originally applied to their weapons, because the short barrel on their carbines would often become fouled on the long roads they rode, and thus, when they fired there would often be a flash of fire.
Later period Dragoons were merely lighter cavalry, who were more on the skirmisher or light engagement than heavier cavalry, or Lancers.
Also, Dragoons were often used as traveling police or magistrates for outlying areas, as they could travel quickly from one village to another.  

Fiddlers Green

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:50 am
Sovereign of Darkness
*Burns Dancing with Dragons* There. Now you won't have to absorb the idiocy that is Conway. Why is she an idiot? She makes s**t up and she never once mentions an evil or neutral dragon. They're all wonderful, helpful and would never think of harming a human...for any reason...even if that human is really pissing it off.

I must read this book you speak of.
Merely so I can compare and contrast with the "meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste like chicken" mentality the Celts are so fond of.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:14 pm
reagun ban
Sovereign of Darkness

Merely so I can compare and contrast with the "meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste like chicken" mentality the Celts are so fond of.
Isakane owns a copy. You can read over it when you visit.

He wasn't too fond of it if I recall correctly either.  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:04 am
reagun ban
Sovereign of Darkness

Conway also has out a deck of tarot cards, called the Celtic Dragon Tarot. I am guilty of owning it, but only because I liked the artwork better than any of the other dragon decks. Ya know this deck has no reverse meanings?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:12 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Conway also has out a deck of tarot cards, called the Celtic Dragon Tarot. I am guilty of owning it, but only because I liked the artwork better than any of the other dragon decks. Ya know this deck has no reverse meanings?
Hubby has that deck.

I like the art as well. My only itch is that it switches blades and batons on an elemental level.  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:18 am
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Hubby has that deck.

I like the art as well. My only itch is that it switches blades and batons on an elemental level.
Yeah, that threw me off a bit when I first started using them becuase I had been using my Universal Waite Deck before that. That and insead of haveing The Devil and The Herophant(sp?) she has The Chains and The High Priest.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:18 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Hubby has that deck.

Yeah, that threw me off a bit when I first started using them becuase I had been using my Universal Waite Deck before that. That and insead of haveing The Devil and The Herophant(sp?) she has The Chains and The High Priest.
Like the Chains. Don't like the High Priest. But that's just me.  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:19 am
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Hubby has that deck.

Like the Chains. Don't like the High Priest. But that's just me.
The High Priest reminds me to much of the Magician.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:26 pm
Fiddlers Green
Kuroiban
Charity.Solei
This is an area that has always interested me. My best friend claims to be a "Dragoon". Now I believe in such possibilities so she could be a dragoon or she could just think she is because of her love of dragons and Dragon lore. Any way does any one know of any good books on the subject of Dragon mythology?

I mean other then the sterotypical dragon takes princess. Princess dies or becomnes their servent. While I like those stories I know their is much more out there. So, yeah. I am interested in Dragonic lore.

Dragoon eh? How high can she jump?

Actually, a Dragoon is mounted infantry.
The word was originally applied to their weapons, because the short barrel on their carbines would often become fouled on the long roads they rode, and thus, when they fired there would often be a flash of fire.
Later period Dragoons were merely lighter cavalry, who were more on the skirmisher or light engagement than heavier cavalry, or Lancers.
Also, Dragoons were often used as traveling police or magistrates for outlying areas, as they could travel quickly from one village to another.

I was actully somewhat aware of that, though I coudn't have defined anything that clear about the historical nature of the Dragoon. If pressed, I would have guessed something about cavalry, so it's nice to know I was somewhat close to the right track.

For some reason however, I enjoy the idea of some fluffy dimwit trying to jump REALLY REALLY high to prove he/she is an FF Dragoon.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:52 pm
Kuroiban
For some reason however, I enjoy the idea of some fluffy dimwit trying to jump REALLY REALLY high to prove he/she is an FF Dragoon.
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:00 pm
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~
I remember reading a (true) story about a guy who moved in with two lesbian FF7 Otakukin; one believed she was the reincarnation of Jenovah, the other Hojo. They bathed in green colored gatorade to symbolize mako energy. eek Sorry for off-topicness, it's just wierd knowing that people like that actually exist.  

Eshmasesh

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:12 pm
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~
I remember reading a (true) story about a guy who moved in with two lesbian FF7 Otakukin; one believed she was the reincarnation of Jenovah, the other Hojo. They bathed in green colored gatorade to symbolize mako energy. eek Sorry for off-topicness, it's just wierd knowing that people like that actually exist.

Wow... that just made my skin crawl.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces