Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
"Witches are Crafty People" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:50 am
Frail Appetite
Do you have the pattern for that or a graph (of the pentacle)?
[pattern]
Made it myself, because I could not find a simple knittable pattern for a pentacle. This one is not perfect, but it looks good. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:52 am
More: I paint (watercolor) and draw. I write, though I used to write a lot more when I was younger. I also make a mean chocolate chip cookie. I've been known to make charms out of certain stones and give them to those who need them. I had a big thing for painting on stone for a while as well.

I'm currently working on a large project; my staff. It should take me a while. Generally when I find I need something material for my practise, I make it. Gembags are no bother; quite often they're sewn and have friendship bracelets as a tie. All the charms I use, if ever, are hand/homemade. Origami is also wonderfully versatile.

I also crocheted a blanket last year when I was really sick that makes an excellent sickblanket. It's really warm and always makes me feel better.

Ditto for the music; I sing, dance, write music and play flute. Sometimes all at the same time! But I don't really consider music as crafty. It's in a world of its own.

Brill: That's a lovely scarf! I could never get the hang of knitting properly. It takes so much longer than crochet.  

Pelta

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:43 am
None of my craft's that I do really tie into my faith, but some of them do tie into the magic work that I do. Mainly cooking, and gardening on that end. Bead work, and some of my herbal work would partially fall under magic work as well.

Other than those, I crochet, cross stich, knit (not very well), paint (acrylic), and put together models of cars and airplanes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:50 am
I love to knit but haven't used it in a spiritual way yet. Although I finger-knit as well and that gets me into a kind of trance state when I pick up the groove of it.

I draw a lot--not so much these days since I was trying to focus on school this semester. I think I was inspired to draw Sekhmet once; I have no other explanation for that particular drawing.

I write poetry and music, but I haven't done a lot to tie that to my faith yet.

No wood or metal work, although I would love to try. I do friendship bracelets when I have floss available, which is usually only at camp; I'm a big fan of finger-weaving and the chevron. Definitely with the trance thing again with finger-weaving, but the chevron takes a different sort of concentration or I screw up. I made a lot of things for people at camp this summer and tried to put things in them; we all needed an energy boost and some of us protection from unjust accusations; not sure how well it worked though. I also do some things with beads.

I wish I had more time. gonk  

TheDisreputableDog

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:01 am
Oh, also unrelated to my spirituality, I do chainmail work. Mostly jewelry right now.
Chain
Detail  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:17 pm
I draw and do watercolors. I also have also made wands for myself and some close friends.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:31 pm
Zanki Necklace My necklace, because I can't buy one. ~shrugs~

Casting ZankiI actually made these last year as presents for friends along with a handful of Elder Futhark which I then handed out at Yule at random. Thought it was neat that everyone got the "right one".

Odin- and example of my Metal Casting.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:11 pm

heart He lives on my landing. heart  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Aesi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:24 pm
My craftiness? Everything. No, seriously. Everything is something to approach as though it were an art which benefits my spirituality, from singing to playing video games to doing my job. Making a clever and beautiful painting of kanji is as important as being helpful and kind to customers. Art is the application of the soul to any part of life.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:06 am
Deoridhe

He's beautifull! eek heart Lucky you!  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 am
Brill Wavedancer
Deoridhe

He's beautifull! eek heart Lucky you!

3nodding Very lovely!

I put a lot of energy into cooking. I rarely cook for myself--it's always for my loved ones. That's the extent of my abilities, for now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:54 pm
Deoridhe

eek Pretty...

The rest is gorgeous too. I was thinking of getting a pyrography pen to work on my staff. Are they very expensive or hard to use?  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:54 pm
missmagpie
Deoridhe

eek Pretty...
I kept the silicon if anyone dedicated to Odin wants a similar one.
The interesting thing about that one was that due to a problem with the oven, Odin hung upside down in the investment on the spru for nine days and nine nights.

I can also do other deities as well.

Fair warning though- that was 10lb worth of bronze- and when materials and labor are taken into account, it will run about 2k (which, for a unique alter piece isn't too bad- especially when it weighs ten pounds).

Quote:
The rest is gorgeous too.
Thankies.

I was thinking of getting a pyrography pen to work on my staff. Are they very expensive or hard to use?A good quality one will run about $10 US.

The nice ones come with attachments and run about $24, and in my opinion are worth the extra money. But then, they also function as a soldering iron- which runs about $14...

Not hard to use. The best tips I can give would be to buy practice wood and make a "test swatch". Try different tips held at different angles for different lengths of time.

You get the idea. Other than that- it's pretty easy.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:38 pm
I kept stopping to post here and then finding myself called away or suddenly braindead. Don't you love when that happens?

That said, I kind of do crafts kinda schizophrenically. I pick something up and then forget about it, I want to do absolutely everything. In the end, the most faith-tied things I do are probably beading, and drawing/writing related things. My mother being something of a magical realist and raising me in kind, I kind of feel like most things I do, especially if I'm doing them and my mind isn't totally out to lunch, carry at least a hint of whatever intent they were made with.  

TatteredAngel

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:51 am
TeaDidikai
The interesting thing about that one was that due to a problem with the oven, Odin hung upside down in the investment on the spru for nine days and nine nights.

eek That old b*****d. whee

Have I mentioned lately I adore it? heart I feel like I'm in an anime. "I'm going off to work now, Odin!"  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff