Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Recommend a Book to the AAY Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:00 pm
The avi above me has a little Water Meat on her head, which reminds me of...

Island of the Aunts

Or, rather the baby kraken in that book.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:49 pm
Your avvie is a bit eccentric like the witch in Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I suggest that!  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

RyaniTenebrae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:52 pm
Your avatar's hair, as well as its general persona, remind me of the title character of Ella Enchanted. I reccomend that excellent children's novel.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:33 pm
your avi's hair and general theme reminds me of Sabriel and Lireal from the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix, it's a great series if you already havn't read it.  

Catherine of Aragon

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:36 pm
You look like you like animals and remind me a little of Daine from the Immortals series by Tamora Pierce. I'd suggest that!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:43 pm
Your red hair reminds me of the heroine in The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein. It's a great book, if you like science fiction.  

The Raven King

Storm_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:13 pm
Your Avi is dressed in black like High Lord Akkarin from the Black Magician Trilogy. I reccomend that. The first book is The Magician's Guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:44 pm
You're busy and you have a shadow behind you. I'd suggest A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Fimbrethiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:46 pm
The three people in your avi could be Klaus, Violet and Sunny Baudelaire. You might like A Series of Unfortunate Events.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:31 pm
hmm....I recommend The Song of the Lioness quartet, because Alanna kicks butt, and you look tough and ready to beat someone up  

xXShigure_SohmaXx

8minbefore

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:57 pm
Aeliara
Hmm...you hace sort of a dark fairy thing going on. I reccomend Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennon.

Your long, red hair and maical look reminds me of a character from the Prydain series. the first one is called The Book of Three but my favorite one would probably be the second one, The Black Cauldron
Enjoy!!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:48 pm
Thanks!
You look like you could be a little rough around the edges...like the kids in Thief Lord. Excellent book.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:22 pm
Your long red hair reminds me of Shannon/Rhiannon from one of my favourite books, Divine by Mistake. You should check it out! (bear in mind, I would recommend this book to anyone, regardless of who they are and what they look like! It is really funny...and weird...which also contributes to the funniness factor... sweatdrop )

You also have a paintbrush in your hand, which is artsy. I recommend Girl With a Pearl Earring too. It is good and art related. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:13 pm
You've got a lot of stuff going on there, which makes for a lot of different stories. So, I suggest The Chronicals of Narnia.  

Eloquence Winter

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:42 am
You have on a peasant dress, which reminds me of one of my favourite stories Just Ella. It is a great book, although a tad on the short side. heart  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff