Yes.
  I love her books!
  Nope, never.
  Gold!
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:23 pm
I like it when authors' websites have specific timelines for when books are gonna be released, and when the paperbacks are gonna be released after hardcovers come out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:38 pm
I do to, but very few that I go to do. Mainly because its hard to keep a set date on them.  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:10 pm
True. It'd be nice if all of them had dates, though. They can always change them, if they need to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:44 pm
If only, if only.  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Nishihana-hime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:57 pm
I like her books, I think the Kisten/Rachel thing is going to be a lot more interesting then the human she was dating, now that hes back I can only assume a few more demons has to do with him. I dont know hes like Richard from the Anita Blake series (I dont know if you read them) but they always seem to do more harm then good. Im not sure which side of the fence Im on with Kisten but it proves to be eventful... can you guys pm me with what your not happy about that she said she wouldnt do I cant remember what it was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:47 pm
The next book in the series is, The Outlaw Demon Wails. It comes out in march of '08. crying  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:29 pm
A year. Figures. I have to wait a year for most of the continuing series I'm reading. Such a bummer. Oh, well, most of them are worth it.

Nishihana-hime: Here's what I was referring to (if anyone hasn't read the book/series and plans to, don't read this):
After Nick leaves (again) and Rachel realizes that he was always a thief and never really loved her and she'd been used from the beginning, Rachel lets Ivy take her blood, because she wants it. Ivy feels awful about it, but Rachel liked it. A lot. She plans on letting/making Ivy do it again, but Ivy doesn't want to. Kisten says that if Ivy won't take her, he will.
Mind you, I may be forgetting some parts. It's been a long time since I read it. That's pretty much just what I can remember. That's actually most of what I remember in the book. Well, okay, that and Rachel almost getting run over with a truck. And the end part with Jenks' son. That was sad. Rachel getting run over with a truck... not so sad. Pretty entertianing, actually. The lead-in was funny, what with Jenks killing the car light so Rachel couldn't back out. <.< I like seeing characters go through mental/emotional drama. What's your point? n.n"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:11 am
What do you figure until there is an excerpt for this one? November? January?  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:39 pm
Probably early-mid fall. I'm guessing anywhere between September to November. Then again, I don't know how long after the release announcement that Kim Harrison usually puts up excerpts. Some authors put excerpts out as soon--or before--they announce when the book'll be released. I don't check Kim Harrison's website often enough to know her patterns.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:02 am
nor do I, Ihave a friend who does I'll ask.  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 pm
I'm finally getting time to re-read the series, and I seriously forgot how much I love the first three books. Especially the second. Trent is definitely my favorite character, and the entire last scene in The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, when Trent drives Rachel's brand-new-Francis-used car and gets away from Jonathan, is my favorite part in the series. I'm in the middle of the third one, Every Which Way But Dead, and it's so good. There are some grammatical errors in the second and third book that I didn't notice before (or I just don't remember), but they don't detract from the story. Much. I'm gonna have to re-read the fourth book again, to see if it's as bad as I remember or I was just having a bad day/week/month at the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:10 am
That could be why you didn't like it. I'm still waiting for her to put an exscript for the next one on her website. Still nothing. sad Oh well. I have other books to read.  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:21 pm
So far, I'm about 100 or so pages into A Fistful of Charms, and it's bearable. I flipped ahead to the scene that I hate, and Jenks being all protective of Rachel was so cute. I think it's not even the scene that I didn't like, just that Rachel plans to keep doing it. And that Ivy's so dead-set against it after all. Role switch much?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:53 am
just a bit, but then again it is rather difficult to stay attched to ideals that no longer have any bearing for your life. think of it this way, there is something you said you would never do, then by sheer coinsidence you do said thing and yu find that it makes your miserable life better. would you not still do it if it makes your life better and hurts no one?  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:43 am
It hurts Ivy. She was trying to give up blood, then she had to start again, and then she almost killed Rachel when she finally got what she wanted so badly. Emotional damage, anyone? I dunno. It's just... three books of "No one's gonna touch my blood, ever," and then a complete 180 just really, really gets on my nerves. Though now that I'm re-reading it, there was some sort of foreshadowing in A Fistful of Charms, sorta, in Rachel's overly-repeated "No one's taking my blood." She says it more in the first few chapters than she did in the other three books, I think.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff