Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
-How to look more Asian- for us misfits. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you look asian?
Why, yes I do
58%
 58%  [ 54 ]
Maybe so. Not enough..
27%
 27%  [ 26 ]
No.. -tear-
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
POLLWHORE
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 93

jellii-dumpling

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:42 pm
Pixel Chef
Many asians color their hair lighter than dark. Also the skin little or a bit more darker by tanning or outside sports. O.o

Yeah! That's good for me. I blend. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:17 pm
Don't worry. Asians hope to have lighter skin.

S.a.k.u.r.a.101

kanin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:51 pm

(Excuse the run-on sentences in this post ^^; )

My mom described the Philippines as a "Melting Pot" of Asia.
She looks Chinese and fair. I have cousins that are dark and some light.
I'm the only one besides my brother who's half in my mom's side of family and I don't feel left out with her family because after a while, it doesn't really matter what I look like anymore because we're having such a good time... Tsokay. Just as long as you be yourself 3nodding
(My cousins do tend to laugh at my accent though... but I end up laughing with them ^^; )
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:09 am
Wow, your really cute for a pinay! ^^

So, any advice on koreans & chinese?
You can check out my profile, to get that more detailed visual about me.

Dark An_geL

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Okie, I've gotten all the answers I was expecting to hear. "Just be happy with the way you look, You look fine!"

Thanks for trying to cheer me up.

But, frankly, I'm not happy with the way I look. I wanna know of ways to change it. It's nothing bad like surgery or eating disorders or whatever. If it doens't hurt me, then why shouldn't I make myself look pleasing in my eyes? You have no self confidence if you're not comfortable witht he way you look, no?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:32 pm
Yup. If you have no confidence your not very comfortable on the way you are. Just be glad on who you are.  

T-Neffy

` r ! c e s m u r f

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:40 pm
물방울 무늬 공룡User Image

its fine
i don't really look korean
(well i kinda do, but i don't)
but i am
u look asian
like i do
ur pretty
so don't worry
but u do look filipino

나의 가장 친한 친구는 이다User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Well if you want really want to try to change your appearance in some way, maybe try experimenting by putting on make-up in different ways.

kanin

Baked-Not Fried

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:39 pm
LoL...white skin is good! In China, people actually pay to get their skin whiter...like tanning here. But anyways, I find that most Asians dress in a scenester way...and like really hip clothing (the ones here anyway). So like, go to a really asian mall and dress more "asian"...although its an expensive wardrobe.

Personally, I have no problem with being "whiten-ised"...I look Chinese and stuff, but I dress and talk like a white person. All my friends are like, white. I'm a banana! (yellow skin, white inside) hahaha

PS, I'm like, three inches taller than your average asian too. I like it, since is a better height that attracts more guys xd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:41 pm
being taller attracts more guys? I thought it was the other way around.. y'know... someone tiny to "toss around."

and yeah.. I've known about the whiten-ers in Asia. They're dumb.. if you ask me

Hyped up TeaCup

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:19 pm
User Image*Dramatic music plays* It's an airplane, Super Man.....User Image

I'm one of those Philippinos who want paler skin. It just looks nicer to me >->;; The way I see it there are the hip looking asians and then there are the normal looking asians then you have the emo-ish asians that wear all black. Basically what I think is be more interested in being asian and show a tad bit more pride maybe?

User ImageNo, It's The Incredible Super Flying Panda!! Dun, Dun, Dun!User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:54 pm
I'd love to be taller. xd Even if it was just a few inches... but anyways, I think you look fine the way you are. Many people have told you that, so I won't ramble on. Um.. well, all I can tell you is just to try eyeliner? Or do more Asian stuff? I have no clue, sweatdrop I'm sorry. crying  

souramyos

Laughing Platypus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:01 pm
Yeah....
I know what you mean. Except I'm not that annoyed by it.
I look 100% filipino and I'm 100% Vietnamese!!..(pic in prof)

The only time I truly get annoyed is when I go visit my fam in Vietnam..and they're all pointing out how dark I am, and how much "bigger" I am compared to other Vietnamese girls who are small and petite.
I hate that.
Hate it hate it hate it. gonk

But honestly, nothing to be ashamed of...
Like, sometimes I'm glad I'm different, and don't look the same as every other petite Vietnamese girl. So0o, in conclusion (I sound like I'm writing an essay) we don't need to change to look more like our nationality...or be more"Asian". 3nodding  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff