Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
MCR, taking back sunday, system of a down, aiden Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VampireSCARECROW

Cosmic Creature

31,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am
MCR ROCKS!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 pm
First. None of these bands are goth. With that said...

Taking Back Sunday ---::

At first when I heard them the whiney little voices bugged the crap out of me. While the songs are catchy I still can't stand the way they sing. However I'm all for something I can get into and connect with the song and I feel they pull that off well. Their music is something I can scream too and I dig that.

M.C.R ---::

I love this band and I have since their first CD when no one had heard of them. They have shown alot of growth with each CD and are original and artistic.

S.O.A.D ---::

I like the messages they try to get across and all together dig the band, even though alot of their music sounds the same.

Aiden ---::

What kind of s**t band is this? Can't stand them and they can't sing xP

dark and demented

DerZuhalter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:42 am
shukaku the cursed
Takeing back sunday - I can stand them
M.C.R - jammed a fork into my ear
S.o.a.d - Great
Aiden - alright but about the same as takeing back sunday
took the words out of my mouth

As far as fav song by the only band on this list worth listening to, Question!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:32 am
I love MCR and a lot of other bands like them. But my favourite song has to be MCR - Welcome To The Black Parade.  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:19 am
Cockroach Waltz
Ugh, you need to listen to some Siouxsie.

Taking Back Sunday - D
My Chemical Romance - C-
System of a Down - C
Aiden - D-

YES! SIOUXSIE FOR ALL!

But I agree more with GilAskan's B for System of a Down. :S

Some of their songs are pretty good, and should definitely be at least one letter above MCR.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:07 pm
Maggoty Anne
System of a down are good, but they aren't gothic at all.

Yeah, none of them are really. Aiden and My Chem are close but they're horror-punk, not goth.  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 am
TheNutcrackerPrince
Maggoty Anne

Yeah, none of them are really. Aiden and My Chem are close but they're horror-punk, not goth.

*blink*

MCR is horror punk? O_o  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:31 am
I love MCR but i cant choose a favorite song although blood is funny... Taking back sundays pretty good but i really only know two of there songs and I used to love System of a Down but now i just think they are ok because i dont listen to them. Iv never heard Aiden  

haine13

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:29 am
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Aiden and My Chemical Romance aren't close to goth whatsoever. Nor are they horror-punk. And on that note, horror-punk and goth are almost nothing alike.

Aiden is post-hardcore, while My Chemical Romance is pop-rock.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:50 pm
System of a Down kicks assssss i love all there songs
love Serj tankains new cd its so good  

sinner_77

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:28 am
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Aiden and My Chemical Romance aren't close to goth whatsoever. Nor are they horror-punk. And on that note, horror-punk and goth are almost nothing alike.

Aiden is post-hardcore, while My Chemical Romance is over-rated and completely trite pop-rock.

Edited for tr00th  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:05 pm
I can't say how much I love MCR!! whee  

VampireSCARECROW

Cosmic Creature

31,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:15 am
MCRCptJackDavyFanGirl
I can't say how much I love MCR!! whee
Yeah most MCR fans have that problem when I'm around... something about being gagged whilst I pour petrol over them seems to be the cause but I can't be too sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 am
THE HALFBLOOD PR1NCE
MCR: I love this band. They seriously are a huge factor in my life. I've liked them since their first CD that no one else pretty much has ever heard of, as well as their second and third album. No matter what, I will always like MCR. They blend horror-punk with rock-opera and are always creative and artistic. I've seen them......4 times. Fave songs from Bullets are Our Lady of Sorrows and Vampires Will Never Hurt You and Demolition Lovers. Fave songs from Revenge are I Never Told You What to Do for a Living and You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison. Fave songs from Parade are Disenchanted and House of Wolves.

Aiden: I met them at Warped Tour. They were so nice. Anyway, fave song... Knife Blood Nightmare, sorry I know it's everyone's favorite but it's mine too.

Taking Back Sunday: Don't like them.

System of a Down: BYOB is amazingggg as is Chop Suey!. Great voice.

For the record, plenty of people have heard of I Brought You My Bullets. Dont be so concieted.  

gdrockson

gdrockson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:08 am
GilAskan
Eizenheim
Maggoty Anne

Aiden is post-hardcore, while My Chemical Romance is pop-rock.

Pop-rock?!!?

Honestly, we have to stop labeling these bands. Pop is Britney Spears. We do not call My Chemical Romance POP-rock. Click Five, remember them?, they were pop-rock. They sing about love. I really truly dont mind if you hate them, you can hate every song, it'll just make me a little depressed. I question if you can not love/hate them.

I agree with Maggoty Anne. None of them are goth in the LEAST. Especially Taking Back Sunday. They are like, the anti-goth. Well, okay, not that far. Not goth though.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff