Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are goths an endangered species? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:42 pm
Schools sometimes go through "dry periods" like that. I wouldn't worry about that. No one said they had to like you.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:10 pm
not in my city, but in my school theres a couple including me = the rest are stoners and gangstahhhhhhz! and a lot of asian kids.  

xX x0mbie Xx

Yoshimi Minamino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:52 pm
i see em every day we gots lots in our school  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:06 am
I would have to agree with something previously said in this post. The number of actual goths I dont think has declined its the mall goth fashion trend that is declining.  

Kaydienne

The Reused

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:53 am
thats not my case... im in new york city... yay!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:29 am
Well, throughout my middle school (uh... junior high, for those who don't have middle schools) there were a lot of "goths," but they were all mallgoths. There were a few of us goths there, but not many. When I went to high school, there were NO goths... anywhere. There were a few of those people who claim to be goth, and there were those people who claim to be goths because they listen to Marilyn Manson and dye their hair black. I went to school the first day of freshman year (last year) dressed up in my goth attire, and I got stared at, and some of the older students (supposed mentors) went so far as to publically insult me while we were doing a group activity.

There aren't a lot of real goths in my section of Minnesota. So I think the amount of goths is just where you live, like many of people have already said.

-Hija de Cristo-

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:50 am
Veruniel
I think it depends on the region. When I was living in the US, I didn't see very many. 'Real' goths in upstate New York seem very rare and the younger ones are attracted more to the mall scene. Hawaii never had many to start with. And when I was in southern California for a while, I didn't see a single one.

But they're alive and well in England. I can't go a single day in my city centre without seeing at least one goth, and usually four or five. I don't just see people all in black with a few chains, either. I see long cloaks, frock coats, hanging sleeves, the whole Victorian schtick.

It makes me happy.

I should move to England ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:00 am
hmm I don't know. I was going to say no, but then I realised that all the ones I know in my school are graduating either next year or the one after that, me included. I don't want goth getting too mainstream anyways though. I like the fact that we are a minority. We won't dissapear completely. I'm fairly certain of that.  

Alice_K8

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:06 am
the general public gose through phases. there are jsut times when goth is "cool" so everyone pertends to be goth, and other times when it's not. true goths are there forever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:06 pm
I would have to say that over the past few years the number of mallgoths has dwindled immensely.

Back when I was in elementary and middle school I remember that whenever I went to the mall I was sure to spot several groups of mall-goths there, however now, on the rare occassions that I go to the mall, I don't usually see many, if any are there at all.

However, I must agree that the population of legitimate goths has likely never dwindled, and on top of that, many legitimate goths don't dress to play the part.

As for my school and my region, my school has only three gothy students (so far as I'm aware), out of a body of about 2000 students. Theres one girl whom I have not spoken to, but from my observations I believe that she is a legitimate goth. There's second gothy student who is a mallgoth. Alongside those two there's me. I don't know where I fit in... I suppose that I'm just me, and I'm happy with that.

As for my region, there really aren't many, no matter where you go, unless you go to Salem (as in, Salem Massachusetts)... then you're likely to see quite a few goths, though they're still a pretty small minority.  

DreamerSpirit

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:10 pm
There are some "goth" kids here. I don't think there are any hardcore goths, but definitely some gothish people.

I'd rather have only a few genuine goths in my town, than have my town be over-run with posers who are just following trends.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:38 pm
DreamerSpirit
I would have to say that over the past few years the number of mallgoths has dwindled immensely.

Back when I was in elementary and middle school I remember that whenever I went to the mall I was sure to spot several groups of mall-goths there, however now, on the rare occassions that I go to the mall, I don't usually see many, if any are there at all.

However, I must agree that the population of legitimate goths has likely never dwindled, and on top of that, many legitimate goths don't dress to play the part.

As for my school and my region, my school has only three gothy students (so far as I'm aware), out of a body of about 2000 students. Theres one girl whom I have not spoken to, but from my observations I believe that she is a legitimate goth. There's second gothy student is a mallgoth. Alongside those two there's me. I don't know where I fit in... I suppose that I'm just me, and I'm happy with that.

As for my region, there really aren't many, no matter where you go, unless you go to Salem (as in, Salem Massachusetts)... then you're likely to see quite a few goths, though they're still a pretty small minority.

Goths are a small minority everywhere, really. However, virtually any place you go will have at least some goths.

Hell, in a school of 2,000 students, you probably have at least one goth teacher.  

GilAskan
Crew

thedarcnessinside

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:50 pm
where i come from (texas) yeah  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:56 pm
The real question is: are BLACK goths/emos an endagered species? I don't think that I've seen another black goth, accept for my friend Lindsey and this grungy kid who looks like a gay vagabond. So...yeah. Black goths are endangered.  

Nazo no Kanjojin

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:01 pm
Okami_Sensei
The real question is: are BLACK goths/emos an endagered species? I don't think that I've seen another black goth, accept for my friend Lindsey and this grungy kid who looks like a gay vagabond. So...yeah. Black goths are endangered.

Though, there has never been a particularly large black goth following. It's not as though the numbers have dwindled downward; it's just that there has never been a large number to begin with.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff