Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
I am leaving GBG Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:34 pm
My, my, people; what have you done?

I say you 'cause I've not been about. >_>

Fake, hmm? That's a little harsh. As far as I am concerned, the whole playing up to the stereotype *is* part of the attraction of the guild. ******** me, what sort of fun would a "normal" British guild be like?

Fœtus has a point about jokes, and working with a German, I'd never make that sort of joke in front of her — it's a little dated. Time and place for everything, and all that stuffies. I dare say we Brits can get enough jokes from some of the more obnoxious around Gaia — I digress; enough.

And, Fœtus, you okay? That seemed to come out as if you've been stewing on it. <_<  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:31 am
A Lost Iguana
Fake, hmm? That's a little harsh. As far as I am concerned, the whole playing up to the stereotype *is* part of the attraction of the guild. ******** me, what sort of fun would a "normal" British guild be like?

Well, I think if you take that element out altogether then we'd just be a group of people who happen to come from the same place. What keeps me coming back here is because the guild is a fun place and playing up to stereotypes is just a part of what makes it so.

But I hope that everyone here feels if they ever have a problem that they can PM Francis or me or anyone else on the crew and talk it out with us before they feel they have to leave. That's what we're here for. That, and correcting your spelling.

A Lost Iguana
And, Fœtus, you okay? That seemed to come out as if you've been stewing on it. <_<

Yeah, thanks <3.

It's not really something I've been "stewing" on, but I'll admit that it's come up before. Not so much here; more extra-cyberspatial.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:12 pm
Foetus In Fetu
But I hope that everyone here feels if they ever have a problem that they can PM Francis or me or anyone else on the crew and talk it out with us before they feel they have to leave. That's what we're here for. That, and correcting your spelling.

Well, some mods on the speilin thang.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:45 am
Ta ta dear, don't think I saw you around much but ya know, shame and all that.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:25 am
ice_illusion
Foetus In Fetu

Well, some mods on the speilin thang.

Man, you really can't get the staff these days. *exasperated sigh*

Speaking of which, I had this one customer today who was being really uppity, (yeah, that's right, I'm using a word I haven't heard for ten years, I'm sure), with me. Then when she asked if we reserved sale items at GAME and I said no, (for two reasons: i. if a person pays for an item at sale price when it's not longer on sale that messes up our profit margins; ii. we only order stock when we're completely out of it, so holding onto items for people causes gridlock), she said, in a very snide tone, "you don't do much at GAME, do you?".

No; we suck. rolleyes

Er, not that that was so on-topic. Or even, if I'm honest, that she was anywhere close to the worst customer I've ever had.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:00 am
Ah, 'tis a shame I haven't been in here for a while.
Lady Germania PMed me asking about this guild before she joined, so I told her about it, as well as giving warning about yoghurt and playing to stereotypes. She knew fully what she was entering into and she still feels as if we tricked her. xd  

Lord Jagged

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:04 am
Off-topic. Does Fœtus point out crap games when parents try to buy them for their kids at Christmas?

On-topic. Do I really play to any stereotypes?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:00 am
A Lost Iguana

Of course. I've never met a lizard yet who doesn't correct peoples' science online.  

and_solo_said

Lord_Cochrane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:37 pm
In concern to the "German Monarchy" quote:

Most of the blood from the current monarchy can be followed back to Scandinavia and Northern Europe. Only a smaller part directly to Germany.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:17 am
A Lost Iguana
Off-topic. Does Fœtus point out crap games when parents try to buy them for their kids at Christmas?

I do my best; I'm not always listened to. I generally leave people who are just looking at software alone unless they approach me first, though.

A Lost Iguana

You have an alien baby.

Do I play to stereotypes?  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:44 am
If we all ask that question we will be perpetually telling each other 'no'.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:46 am
and_solo_said
If we all ask that question we will be perpetually telling each other 'no'.

Does my bum look big in this?  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:07 pm
A Lost Iguana

Your bum looks big in everything.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:27 pm
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana

Don't stare at my a**. It's not happy about that.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:37 pm
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana

Don't stare at my a**. It's not happy about that.

But how can someone answer the question without staring at your butt? eek  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces