Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Pagan Pride Project Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:59 am
Deoridhe
Sir_Catherine
Oh!

Who or what is 'Mr. Darks'? I'm clueless and would like to be filled in. smile

Thank you.

I bumped up a coupe of threads on it. ^^

Saw and read, thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:07 am
PirateEire
TeaDidikai
PirateEire
started talking to me about crystals and would not shut up.
Did he detail the light refractions within quartz? twisted
Honestly? He very well may have, but I am surprisingly good at completely blocking out things directly in front of me and retreating into my own little world. <3
Does your world have lollie pops?  

TeaDidikai

Poisen_Lotus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:21 pm
rolleyes O yea I went to one of those this year. There were alot of weirdo's there. It made me very uncomfortable. Like this one guy with suspenders and a dirty beard who kept showing everyone his wand (witch he carries in his pocket at all timeslol) *shivers* And this random middle aged man who wanted pictures of me. I don't think I do it again. Most people there looked like hobo's and mental patients.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 pm
Kikyokagome89
Like this one guy with suspenders and a dirty beard who kept showing everyone his wand (witch he carries in his pocket at all timeslol) *shivers*
Aside from how dirty that could sound- was it a nice wand?

Where you repulsed because he didn't behave as you did? Or was unkempt?

Quote:
Most people there looked like hobo's and mental patients.

See- I acknowledge I like being physically clean, but then- I like to think I have managed to juggle my mysticism with my more basic needs.

Not everyone does this. I have found some amazing mystics who poached their brains- it may take more effort to work through what they are saying, but I cannot think of a good reason to be repulsed outside of social programming that says "Dirt and The Inability to Understand with Ease" = "BAD!".  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:39 pm
You know, most of the homeless people I know are actually fairly concerned with their appearance (it helps in getting jobs). Its the lack of money, resources, ect that cause them to look bad.

I mean, I don't react well to people who just don't care for keeping decent care of their bodies (in some ways, it shows whether or not you have a basic respect for other people) but to completely dismiss them?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:36 am
Nuri
You know, most of the homeless people I know are actually fairly concerned with their appearance (it helps in getting jobs). Its the lack of money, resources, ect that cause them to look bad.

I mean, I don't react well to people who just don't care for keeping decent care of their bodies (in some ways, it shows whether or not you have a basic respect for other people) but to completely dismiss them?
Myself- I allow for a certain ammount of "unkemptness" when it comes to some of the Mystics that are further out there.

Some cultures would have had their needs tended to while they served their community. Not everyone works the same so I make more allowences I suppose.  

TeaDidikai

Poisen_Lotus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:13 pm
Quote:
Aside from how dirty that could sound- was it a nice wand?

Meh, I was unimpressed. It looked like something from Harry Potter.

Quote:
Where you repulsed because he didn't behave as you did? Or was he unkempt?

Unkemt and strange.

Quote:
See- I acknowledge I like being physically clean, but then- I like to think I have managed to juggle my mysticism with my more basic needs.

Not everyone does this. I have found some amazing mystics who poached their brains- it may take more effort to work through what they are saying, but I cannot think of a good reason to be repulsed outside of social programming that says "Dirt and The Inability to Understand with Ease" = "BAD!".

I'm sorry but dirty, socially akward people make me uncomfortable. I don't think that makes me overly-judgemental or not open minded. HE just gave off a bad vibe, and I'm rarely wrong when it comes to reading people.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:56 pm
Kikyokagome89

Unkemt and strange.
How do you define "strange"?

Quote:
HE just gave off a bad vibe,
The way you have presented this experience proffered nothing as "bad" outside of it not being to your taste.

I'll grant that this is on the forefront of my mind with the new laws being passed where I live, but as for your judgement as to the quality of the individual, I haven't seen anything in your post that goes beyond "he was dirty and did not play by the conventions of popular society's bounds for interaction, therefore he was bad!"  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:57 pm
Kikyokagome89
I'm sorry but dirty, socially akward people make me uncomfortable. I don't think that makes me overly-judgemental or not open minded. HE just gave off a bad vibe, and I'm rarely wrong when it comes to reading people.
First impressions can be very misleading. But then I'm a notoriously bad judge of character. sweatdrop

Fact is, there will be weirdos everywhere. Sometimes you just gotta back away slowly for your own safety, and sometimes they can be interesting to listen to. You can't always tell by first impressions.

I'm really not a fan of the whole "pagan pride" thing. Why exactly do we need it? Do we have such low self-esteem that somehow convening with loads of weirdos will boost it?

I'm all for meaningful connections. I just can't stand the, "Let's band together because we're the same category on the religion surveys."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:07 pm
Kikyokagome89

You'd hate my brother then. Being autistic makes him socally akward--as does his infrequent use of soap (Why do I need it every day, he yelled at me today).

Sure, it makes you uncomfortable. Being hit on by the homeless guys I work with makes me slighly uncomfortable too. But how much of that vibe was the result of your own social conditioning?  

maenad nuri
Captain

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:43 pm
Kikyokagome89
So? What are wands supposed to look like, then?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:49 am
TheDisreputableDog
Kikyokagome89
So? What are wands supposed to look like, then?
I dunno, somebody who goes around showing their wand to people sounds pretty awkward to me. And rather dirty. Why should random strangers at a convention care what your wand looks like?  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:49 am
Nuri
You'd hate my brother then. Being autistic makes him socally akward--as does his infrequent use of soap (Why do I need it every day, he yelled at me today).

Sure, it makes you uncomfortable. Being hit on by the homeless guys I work with makes me slighly uncomfortable too. But how much of that vibe was the result of your own social conditioning?
Pretty much what I was thinking. Asperger's can be a real b***h from what I understand. I tend not to dismiss people on their handicaps though. Find it terribly rude myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:14 pm
I've volunteered for my local Pagan Pride Day for the past three years and for the most part it's been a positive experience. The turnout has been okay and the local press has been good to us. On the down side, I think that more disagreements have resulted among participants than feelings of unity. Also, because of costs, the focus has been more on vendors than information. It all sounds wonderful in theory, but in practice, it feels almost futile.  

ariadne1031

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:27 pm
ariadne1031
On the down side, I think that more disagreements have resulted among participants than feelings of unity.
All I have to say to this is: Good.

It's about bloody time the illigetimate love child of Paganism and the New Age movement got smacked up side the head with the reality of the situation.

Pagans don't agree because we don't have the same ******** theology- let alone politics, values or anything else of the like.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff