Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Conforming by pure choice. (Kind of venting too.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you feel there's something wrong with that?
  Yes.
  No.
  Kind of.
  Poll whore, FTW!
View Results

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 pm
Conforming isn't conforming unless you're doing it purely for the sake of being like everyone else. Just doing something that a lot of other people happen to do doesn't make you a poser or conformist. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 pm
I love the Chucks brand too so I would have done the same thing of not buying the cheaper pair. I usually buy bargain apparel, but my shoes are the weakness I have where I need the real things. I have a closet full of shoes and only about two or three pairs are not Converses. My friends automatically associate me with those shoes too because I wear them all the time.

We should allow ourselves guilty pleasures every now and then! wink  

My Lovely Ora

darkcrimsongoth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:25 am
I don't mind cheap stuff, but if the real thing is made of better quality, then it's probably going to be worth your money.

HOWEVER!

I do not see the point in buying a BIG brand name like gucci and Louie Verton *excuse the spelling*. Even though they may be better quality, spending $2000 on a handbag is not something I'd do.

A person I know, only buys labels. He got a Louie verton bag that was $1620. It's still sitting in his cuboard. rolleyes He doesn't want it wrecked. So there goes that money.

I'm not a big fan of brand names. The only brand name thing I own *I think* is a Emily the Strange bag and it cost me $65.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:53 am
darkcrimsongoth
I don't mind cheap stuff, but if the real thing is made of better quality, then it's probably going to be worth your money.

HOWEVER!

I do not see the point in buying a BIG brand name like gucci and Louie Verton *excuse the spelling*. Even though they may be better quality, spending $2000 on a handbag is not something I'd do.

A person I know, only buys labels. He got a Louie verton bag that was $1620. It's still sitting in his cuboard. rolleyes He doesn't want it wrecked. So there goes that money.

I'm not a big fan of brand names. The only brand name thing I own *I think* is a Emily the Strange bag and it cost me $65.

Anything over $40, except a pair of decent boots or anything thats made from leather (I mean real, thick leather, the kind that stops blunt impact force) then its worth splashing out for the extra quality you get with proper leather instead of PVC or leatherette.  

Rellik San
Crew

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:11 pm
I wouldn't say I have a loyalty to a brand because of the brand. I just puchase from brands that have the styles that I want..However I DO have an aversion to certain brands. I won't purchase items that I feel will fund a dammaging system. Like I never shop from Walmart because I don't like their policies and the main REASON why their merchandise is so cheap. It's cheap because they screw people over in foreign countries on prodiction costs and it's bad for the American economy because the outsourced cheap (lead poisoning) labor takes away jobs from former American factory workers. An economy is always going to have issues when it overly depends on imports and cheap labor. I always try to check the tags and materials put into the clothes I buy. I have a political inclination not to purchase leather or anything from China(they need to get their act together) This is a consumerist and capitalist country. As much as we would hate to admit, what we CHOOSE to purchase defines us and our priorities. If we spend most of our income on shoes made by a ten year old living in a country with an oppressive government, it shows where our priorities are.
I prefer to get things manufactured in Japan since there aren't any of the human rights violations that go on in China. Japan produces alot of its own goods because it's better on their economy. I personally feel that we should do the same.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff