55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Gold!
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:58 am
I found Dead Beat in a used bookstore, brought it and was hooked. Now I have the first 3 books along with DB and working in order to get the rest of the books. I know about the DVD set but not sure if I want to buy it or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:20 pm
The TV show really isn't like the book much. There's one episode that's mostly like Storm Front, and one episode that vaguely reminded of Fool Moon, but none of the other episodes are even remotely like any parts of the series. It's a good TV show but, as my friend put it, it's more like elaborate fan fiction than anything else. The books are way more worth the time.

That said: I can't wait for April. Small Favors comes out then.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:07 pm
So! Long time, no talk about Jim Butcher.

Anyone read Changes yet? <.< Amazing, but the stuff that happens! And the ending! gonk Changes is a super-apt title.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 pm
It was! That book was a great read. Ghost Story doesn't come out until 2011! I want to know who shot Harry! gonk  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:45 pm
I KNOWWWW. Worst cliffhanger ever. Butcher is so mean! I can't wait until 2011!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:03 am
That's what I always seem to be doing: waiting for the next good book to come out.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:39 pm
The last time I went to the bookstore, that was what I was thinking, too. XDD "This one doesn't come until September, this one in October, this one next year.... Man, I feel like all I do is wait."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 am
Dark and Stormy Knights by P.N. Elrod has a Dresden Files story in it, but it is from Marcone's POV. Which was awesome. I've always wondered how he viewed the whole affair.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 pm
I literally just got Side Jobs today. I guess it's a collection of all the old Dresden Files stories from various anthologies? I mostly want to read the new story. Apparently it's about the end of Changes from Murphy's POV.

But yeah. The story about Marcone was pretty awesome. I was so confused for the first couple pages, until I realized it wasn't from Harry's POV.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:45 pm
Oh man, now I have to get Side Jobs. I've always wanted Murphey's take on things. xd  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:00 pm
I bought Side Jobs the other day and was gonna wait until after finals to read it... but I caved and read Aftermath last night. XD It was so good. But now I want the next Dresden book even more! D:

Murphy is effing awesome. All the stuff about Martian talk is pretty hilarious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 am
Harry is cool, Bob is awsome, but Mouse rules all.  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:09 pm
Yeah, I love Mouse. Especially in the latest book. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:26 pm
Side Jobs was great (as expected). 3 months until Ghost Story!  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm
gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk

Ghost Story got pushed back to a late July release date. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG, BUTCHER! Ughhhh!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff