Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dark Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:48 am
missmagpie
Magic has colors now? Damn I've been doing this all wrong... ninja

Well duh. Hello... octarine?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:07 am
missmagpie
For example, I could shield myself walking down a dark alleyway to make myself less noticable. I could also do the same to slip into a pub underage. How can you say that the magic is 'light' or 'dark when I'm essentially using the same technique? Who is anyone else to say that what I'm doing is right or wrong, light or dark? Those terms are entirely subjective.

For example, a dweomer which slays it's target.
Hard to really use the same technique for compassionate ends, except in the rare case where the recipient is in a life of utter agony.
As far as the Terms Light and Dark, they are easy for people to assign in the rather quaint Light=Good=Holy and Dark=Evil=Infernal sorta sense.
I blame some Christians shoddy attempts to reconcile an Omnipotent diety, with an Omnibenevolent one, with a world that is most certainly not omni-benevolent. Basically, a fair chunk of Western Middle Ages thought which ran with epic battles of good versus evil, Light vs Dark. Oh, that, and D&D.
As a Dualist, I see nothing wrong with the classifications...
However, I would have issues with people who aren't ordinarily dualist using such classifications.
In my manner of viewing matters, most magics are of the world, and no more Good or Evil than anything else which walks the Earth.
The exception comes when a dweomer is fashioned with a specific purpose in mind. Just as a neuro-toxin is a tool of destruction and death, made for that specific purpose, so too go magics. And just as I personally hold the creator of such a foul poison culpable for it's use, do I hold a magus who prepares such incantations culpable for their effects.  

Fiddlers Green

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:32 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

If the things you practice magic with teach you the rituals, does that make it Blue Magic?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:49 am
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

If the things you practice magic with teach you the rituals, does that make it Blue Magic?

Only if you wear a silly mask, or are very old. Preferentially very old.
Strago FTW. 3nodding
Oh, and since when did Black + White = Red? xd  

Fiddlers Green

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:05 pm
Fiddlers Green
Only if you wear a silly mask, or are very old. Preferentially very old.
Strago FTW. 3nodding
Harrumph. I want to do it by being a total hottie and fighting with a whip. Quistis FTW.

Quote:
Oh, and since when did Black + White = Red? xd
Black and White = Red all over?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:21 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Harrumph. I want to do it by being a total hottie and fighting with a whip. Quistis FTW.

But then you would have to put up with Squall's inane drivvel.

Quote:

Last time I checked, last weeks paper can't cast Cure and Ice. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:18 pm
Fiddlers Green

Quote:

Last time I checked, last weeks paper can't cast Cure and Ice. ninja
Such are the secrets of the Mystical Order of the Paper Delivery B ~cashmuckthud... Tea's body is dragged into the shadows as some ink stained editor tells everyone to move along- there's nothing to see here~  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff