Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Pardon a few questions please. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:51 pm
Panthino the Moth
and_solo_said
ficklefiend
Seconded. If you hang around here for any length of time you will come across me talking about Qi. I'm obsessed.

I object to it being called 'one of the greatest programs on TV'.

It is clearly the best.

Objection sustained.

QI is the best program on TV.

3nodding

Hmm... I prefer Have I Got News For You personally...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:30 pm
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
EDIT: Weren't high treason and piracy with violence removed as capital crimes in Britain in 1999? Although the death penalty wasn't formally abolished, no crimes were listed for which it could be administered as punishment. Right?

We can say that there were no crimes punishable by death on the statue book but the potential existed for it to be re-introduced at a later date [but this is no longer the case]. I'm picking at the BBC for not pointing out that the 6th Protocol did not abolish the death penalty; that was left for the 13th [and for not pointing out that signing and having a protocol ratified and then come into force are different things].

Oh right, yeah. Yeah, I think that was worth picking at.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:55 pm
Panthino the Moth
and_solo_said
ficklefiend
Seconded. If you hang around here for any length of time you will come across me talking about Qi. I'm obsessed.

It is clearly the best.

Objection sustained.

3nodding

Uhuh. The best show to EVER have been aired is Changing Rooms with Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen. Anything else is a pale imitation. There is no debate here.

That aside, QI is pretty damn good.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:05 pm
Lady of Spain
Panthino the Moth
and_solo_said
ficklefiend

It is clearly the best.

Objection sustained.

3nodding

Uhuh. The best show to EVER have been aired is Changing Rooms with Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen. Anything else is a pale imitation. There is no debate here.

That aside, QI is pretty damn good.

I saw Lawerence Llewlyn-Bowen in Newcastle. Just about got run over.
At least I think it was him. It might have been a very good look-a-like.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:52 am
Sir_Catherine
Invictus_88
Quote:
3) Can someone tell me how to tie a cravat or link me somewhere that can show me?

It depends on the cravat; some are just like scarves so you can left-over-right, right under, and straighten.

As for how to tie others, I've no idea. I can point you in the right direction though.

www.sheridanclub.co.uk. Get your card from the printers, and post your query. I know for a fact that at least three of them wear cravats.

I am confused here. I checked the link and am not entierly sure what the Sheridan Club has to do with cravats, but then I only looked at the first couple pages. What is this 'card from the printers' you speak of? Did I miss a refrence somewhere along the way?

It's a sort of online social club, modelled roughly on a London Gentlemen's Club, except that it accepts both sexes. They're all a bit eccentric, and a good many of them wear cravats and suchlike which makes tham very able to help you out.

In order to register it helps (but is not compulsory) to get your card from the printers. It's one of the options on the 'favourites' tab. You can just tap out your question though, you don't need to be a member to post there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:23 pm
Invictus_88
Sir_Catherine
Invictus_88
Quote:
3) Can someone tell me how to tie a cravat or link me somewhere that can show me?

It depends on the cravat; some are just like scarves so you can left-over-right, right under, and straighten.

As for how to tie others, I've no idea. I can point you in the right direction though.

www.sheridanclub.co.uk. Get your card from the printers, and post your query. I know for a fact that at least three of them wear cravats.

I am confused here. I checked the link and am not entierly sure what the Sheridan Club has to do with cravats, but then I only looked at the first couple pages. What is this 'card from the printers' you speak of? Did I miss a refrence somewhere along the way?

It's a sort of online social club, modelled roughly on a London Gentlemen's Club, except that it accepts both sexes. They're all a bit eccentric, and a good many of them wear cravats and suchlike which makes tham very able to help you out.

In order to register it helps (but is not compulsory) to get your card from the printers. It's one of the options on the 'favourites' tab. You can just tap out your question though, you don't need to be a member to post there.

I've read that twice as sex club.
Not sure why, I'm just reading, trundle, trundle, sex club, what! sex club?, go back, nope no sex club, thought that sounded funny.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:31 pm
Invictus_88
Sir_Catherine
Invictus_88
Quote:

Okay, I understand that they can help me out. For that I do thank you. I am still confused by 'getting my card from the printers'. Do you mean printing out a membership card from their site and sending it in is technicaly best, but I can ask questions without doing this, or am I completly missing your meaning here?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:37 am
Sir_Catherine
Invictus_88
Sir_Catherine
Invictus_88
Quote:

Okay, I understand that they can help me out. For that I do thank you. I am still confused by 'getting my card from the printers'. Do you mean printing out a membership card from their site and sending it in is technicaly best, but I can ask questions without doing this, or am I completly missing your meaning here?

No no no, it's just how you sign up.

In retrospect, don't bother. Just pose your question and you'll probably get useful responses.

Invictus_88
Captain

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas