Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Extended Vision Advise Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:11 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
There was a doctor who invented a specific type of glasses to see the aura around the human body. He was the first guy to prove that things like an auric field might exist. I've just come home from a long day in college and the name escapes me, but I'll find out where that came from.

As far as I know, though, he never saw them as different colors. The glasses saw all auras as blue.
I've seen similar things. They aren't the same as what someone who can see auras sees.

Quote:
I tend to get very skeptical about people who say they actually see them. It's one thing to sense someone's mood. It's another to misinterpret retinal burn.
True.

Which is any anyone worth their salt will:

1) Experience Retinal Burn so they can tell the difference.
2) Test their experiences by having someone who is adept at working with their own energy manipulate it.

Deoridhe

With some Tea coaching I was able to see a little bit; I blink a lot to make sure it isn't retnal burn and don't fix my eyes. It's not easy, though, and I've only seen color with two people, and both of those were when I was first trying.
sweatdrop I really hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Well, I think you are in trouble. Shame on you for teaching people the secrets of life mysteries. eek

without asking for my advice as well. Im hurt and dont know if I will ever recover from such a sting.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:07 am
TeaDidikai
2) Test their experiences by having someone who is adept at working with their own energy manipulate it.
Is that the same as seeing auras? The shapes of someone's working or energy manipulations tend to be more active than the average aura. It may be good practise in extra-sensory perception, but not entirely the same thing.  

Pelta

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:33 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Is that the same as seeing auras? The shapes of someone's working or energy manipulations tend to be more active than the average aura. It may be good practise in extra-sensory perception, but not entirely the same thing.

If you know how, you can manipulate your aura. Or you can just block people from seeing it altogether. Blocking is very useful.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:36 am
deadmanjake
without asking for my advice as well. Im hurt and dont know if I will ever recover from such a sting.
~blink~ Take that up with my Priest.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:42 am
missmagpie
Is that the same as seeing auras?
Well, since Phenious and Deo have pretty much shot me... Yes. It is the same.

That which most folks call "auras" can and often are manipulated by those who know how to do energy work and are able to tap into their "aura".

Quote:
The shapes of someone's working or energy manipulations tend to be more active than the average aura.
Yes. And?

Just because most people don't use their "aura", doesn't mean no one can or does. I think there was a time when that was all that Phenious ever used. ~shrugs~

Quote:
It may be good practise in extra-sensory perception, but not entirely the same thing.
Actually- in the case I outlined, it is. Period.

The energy that was being manipulated was their "aura". Nothing more nothing less. Hence why I gave it as an example.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:51 am
TeaDidikai

I'm sorry; I should have asked before I said anything.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:17 am
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

Naw. Phenious blew my cover weeks ago.

I tend not to make "claims" to people who haven't met me. I do this with my ethnicity as well as my skills. I mean- if I had come onto the Rehab guild and said "Four Leaf Clovers sing to me"- your reaction would have been?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:22 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

Naw. Phenious blew my cover weeks ago.

I tend not to make "claims" to people who haven't met me. I do this with my ethnicity as well as my skills. I mean- if I had come onto the Rehab guild and said "Four Leaf Clovers sing to me"- your reaction would have been?

Cuious sckepticism. sweatdrop Having seen the notebook, however...  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:26 am
Deoridhe
Cuious sckepticism. sweatdrop Having seen the notebook, however...
The better one was when Isakane said I was making s**t up, and I bent down and picked live four or five.

And hence why I didn't worry about showing you the notebook.

It's- well, wyrd?
What the hell. I'm taking this to pathways so I don't derail your thread any more.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 am
Funny realization about me and my pathwalking that I had recently -

When I first began walking (outside of the first time,w hich was inadvertant), there was nothing living anywhere I went. Often there weren't even PLANTS, just stones and maybe Yggdrasil (which is a plant but more than a plant but not a plant, if you follow). Often I'd end up in these really desolate places. Even now, when I venture to Muspellheim or Nifleheim, there is just the fire or the ice. Several times I absorbed or injected or was given presents from the rocks as other people received from animals. I have to admit I was horrifically jealous of the people who would pathwalk and come back talking of these wonderful animals they met. sweatdrop I just met stones. I like stones, but it seemed like there was something wrong with me.

Anyway.

After a while, there were plants, too. The year before last, at my yearly Professional Pathwalking ov Doom (tm), I met plants. As in, lots of plants. As in, I picked them and then they decided the blood in my veins was tasty and soon I had roots. Gorgeous image, too; I'd love to draw it. Imagine a tree made out of almost every flower you can think off, all twisted around each other and flowering. Disconcerting, though; I didn't know I could live after being consumed by plants, but apparently I can - at least when pathwalking. Roots in veins and arteries tickle. I tingled for days afterward and feel my bones shiver every time I think about it; such an amazing experience.

Last year, I met my first animals - namely small, silver fishes and a few liiizards. In December, I requested the presence of my first god and had her answer.

Speaking with my mom the other night, I realized that I had moved systematically up the evolutionary scale. Thinking of the length of time on each step, I also spent the most time on rocks, which would have been the longest span, then a slightly less long span on plants, and finally rapid fire through animals - again, geologically sound.

Mom said that that mimiced some of the metaphysical teaching she'd encountered, though they - unlike me - count humans as not-animals. I just found it interesting that I'd never heard of anyone else doing that particular over-walk before, but upon reflection it seemed an incredibly sensible route and one I would recommend to others if they asked my advice.

Thoughts?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

godhi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:45 am
Deoridhe
Funny realization about me and my pathwalking that I had recently--

When I first began walking (outside of the first time, which was inadvertant), there was nothing living anywhere I went. Often there weren't even PLANTS, just stones and maybe Yggdrasil (which is a plant but more than a plant but not a plant, if you follow). Often I'd end up in these really desolate places. Even now, when I venture to Muspellheim or Nifleheim, there is just the fire or the ice. Several times I absorbed or injected or was given presents from the rocks as other people received from animals. I have to admit I was horrifically jealous of the people who would pathwalk and come back talking of these wonderful animals they met. sweatdrop I just met stones. I like stones, but it seemed like there was something wrong with me.

Anyway.
After a while, there were plants, too. The year before last, at my yearly Professional Pathwalking ov Doom (tm), I met plants. As in, lots of plants. As in, I picked them and then they decided the blood in my veins was tasty and soon I had roots. Gorgeous image, too; I'd love to draw it. Imagine a tree made out of almost every flower you can think off, all twisted around each other and flowering. Disconcerting, though; I didn't know I could live after being consumed by plants, but apparently I can - at least when pathwalking. Roots in veins and arteries tickle. I tingled for days afterward and feel my bones shiver every time I think about it; such an amazing experience.

Last year, I met my first animals - namely small, silver fishes and a few liiizards. In December, I requested the presence of my first god and had her answer.

Speaking with my mom the other night, I realized that I had moved systematically up the evolutionary scale. Thinking of the length of time on each step, I also spent the most time on rocks, which would have been the longest span, then a slightly less long span on plants, and finally rapid fire through animals - again, geologically sound.

Mom said that that mimiced some of the metaphysical teaching she'd encountered, though they - unlike me - count humans as not-animals. I just found it interesting that I'd never heard of anyone else doing that particular over-walk before, but upon reflection it seemed an incredibly sensible route and one I would recommend to others if they asked my advice.

Thoughts?

What you are describing sounds like a traditional shamanic experience; most shamans seldom encounter spirits in their early journeys and the landscapes are often barren, but as they learn to perceive the spirit world their senses become more acute. Remember that although shamans will have common experiences in their exploration of the Otherworld, keep in mind that because spirit perception is a subjective experience, no two shamans will have the same perceptions.
As far as the Nine Worlds are concerned: Remember that Yggdrasil is the one constant in Norse cosmology. The World Tree has existed since the beginning of time, and will remain even after Ragnarok.
Yggdrasil is the axis mundi of Norse cosmology, and without exception each of the Nine Worlds are connected to it.
You were fortunate in your travels through Muspellheim and Jotunheim; during my explorations of the Nine Worlds using the runic meditations detailed in The Nine Doors of Midgard, I had a most unpleasant encounter with one of the fire giants and barely escaped with my soul intact.
What did you encounter in Niflheim? I found myself wandering through an endless underground realm of mist and darkness. The only entity I met in Niflheim was Nidhogg--and I was so small and insignificant that much to my relief, the wyrm ignored me. In spite of not being noticed by Nidhogg, the experience was so terrifying that it was not something I would want to repeat.
Have you traveled to any of the Upper Worlds, by the way?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:30 am
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake
~blink~ Take that up with my Priest.

I'm lost... fill me in first, then take it up with me.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:15 am
godhi
You were fortunate in your travels through Muspellheim and Jotunheim; during my explorations of the Nine Worlds using the runic meditations detailed in The Nine Doors of Midgard, I had a most unpleasant encounter with one of the fire giants and barely escaped with my soul intact.
What did you encounter in Niflheim? I found myself wandering through an endless underground realm of mist and darkness. The only entity I met in Niflheim was Nidhogg--and I was so small and insignificant that much to my relief, the wyrm ignored me. In spite of not being noticed by Nidhogg, the experience was so terrifying that it was not something I would want to repeat.
Have you traveled to any of the Upper Worlds, by the way?

I've never attempted to go to Jotunheim. I was going to try Alfheim last night, but Serbius said he thought it was a bad idea, and I've learned to take his advice. I have encountered Nidhogg, though. I didn't find him nearly as terrifying as you did, but Serbius is a snake...; the irony of me having a fylgia of the animals referenced with fear in the Eddas is not lost on me. I was glad Nighogg was intent on his gnawing, though. I met him closer to the well; when I move below Yggdrasil it's usully in the vicinity of one of the wells.

I've not met anyone in Muspellheim or Nifleheim, but I've not gone very far in. I think I'm too "heavy" to pull it off right now. I'll probably attempt Nifleheim a few more times, as I got farther in there. My impression of Muspellheim was of immense heat, enough to ash me. Nifleheim was more like snowpack cold, and I walked barefoot on the ice the way I used to every winter at school.

The one time I made it to Asgardhr or an Asgardhr like place, there was no one there - just halls. I met some nice rocks, though; red, blue, and yellow. I still "have" them.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff