Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
I SWEAR the monkey ate the icecream.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who blames the imaginary kitchen monkey?
  ME!
  Someone in my family
  A friend
  No one I know
View Results

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:29 am
Instead of perogies you could have like, whole wheat toast, and a boiled egg?(Unless you hate eggs, lol)
Eggs are almost a complete protein, and one would probably fill you up as much as the perogies. And whole wheat bread is full of fibre and that kind of healthy junk.

I try to steer clear of anything processed lol, usually it has tons of hidden secret things of DOOM in it. Sometimes it just tastes so good though. X_X

Oh, and don't feel bad about eating 2000 calories.
The more you weigh now, the more calories it takes to keep you at your weight, so right now to maintain your weight you'd need to be eating like...just around 3000 calories a day, so you'll still lose weight even if you;re eating 2000 calories everyday, it'll just be a little slower.

Water is a goooood idea. Water is like, the best thing for you if you want to lose weight. A lot of times when we need water we misinterpret it as hunger. And it fills you up too!
Did you know also that the colder you drink it, the more calories you burn, because your body has to heat it up as you drink it?
Apparently you can lose up to 10lbs in a month by just drinking a buttload of ice cold water everyday.

Lol, sorry to get long winded n_n
PS. I LOVE your art

gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:13 pm

Hello my loves,

I got really sick feeling after my last post so I slept until about 1:30 pm.

Snack
12 oz. can of Mountain Dew Code Red on the way to the mall

Bought

A cute pink journal for food recording (like what I write here) it's soft and hot pink and lizard skin designed... PICTURE!!

User Image

And I got a Food and Exercise Diary by Allan Borushek, and am SOOOO getting the Biggest Loser books, did you know 3,500 calories burned is a POUND of fat. And you should visualize your sweat as fat exiting the body (though it isn't so stay hydrated loves!)

User Image

Dinner
Blackened Cajan Steak sub (6 inch! I was good!) - 400 calories
Large Dr. Pepper from sabarros so i equate that to a King Sized soda from Burger King (400 calories)

so though I was "bad" I stayed under 2000 calories. Woot Woot!!

Reasons I Diet:
My new Spanx Power pants (underwear). They look like biker shorts and should make me feel more confident with it under my skirt, it was a killer to get them on though. I found my goal present (better than prize). PANTIES!! oh my god Lane Bryant, check out the panties I wear walmart underwear so these made me feel sexy...

ps. another reason, CUTE GUYS AT THE MALL. he was so 16 (so illegal with my 18 now, dang) but he had a spegetti monster shirt on and I never told him how cool it was. Or the cute guy with the curly brown hair and bandana who was with his friends, I want him to find me sexy and for me to feel sexy around him.

The Eternal Optimist

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:20 pm
Groovy Spleen
Instead of perogies you could have like, whole wheat toast, and a boiled egg?(Unless you hate eggs, lol)
Eggs are almost a complete protein, and one would probably fill you up as much as the perogies. And whole wheat bread is full of fibre and that kind of healthy junk.

I try to steer clear of anything processed lol, usually it has tons of hidden secret things of DOOM in it. Sometimes it just tastes so good though. X_X

Oh, and don't feel bad about eating 2000 calories.
The more you weigh now, the more calories it takes to keep you at your weight, so right now to maintain your weight you'd need to be eating like...just around 3000 calories a day, so you'll still lose weight even if you;re eating 2000 calories everyday, it'll just be a little slower.

Water is a goooood idea. Water is like, the best thing for you if you want to lose weight. A lot of times when we need water we misinterpret it as hunger. And it fills you up too!
Did you know also that the colder you drink it, the more calories you burn, because your body has to heat it up as you drink it?
Apparently you can lose up to 10lbs in a month by just drinking a buttload of ice cold water everyday.

Lol, sorry to get long winded n_n
PS. I LOVE your art

gonk

Awwww, it's not my art it's a friend of mine (sadly I suck at drawing) I do photography. If you like that check out pizzacats on sheezy art or kecky on deviantart, they are AMAZING artists.

I knew that about the water too, i love water so much, but the advailability is limited or the taste is lowered. my mom bought me a water purifier just for that reason. I don't do well with boiled eggs I only like the whites but I see where you are coming from. I could scramble an egg (clean without oil or butter) but I just wanted something I didn't have to cook so i just stuck it in my table top grill and left it fill it was crispy.

Did you know it's better for your lungs to breath through your nose on cold days? For the same reason as the water!

You are so much fun biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:24 pm
Did you know a large boiled egg is only 77calories?
whee

I did not know that about nosebreathing.
Hehe.
Nosebreathing.

It gets really freaking cold here, so that will come in handy.
-dancedance-  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:41 pm
Groovy Spleen
Did you know a large boiled egg is only 77calories?
whee

I did not know that about nosebreathing.
Hehe.
Nosebreathing.

It gets really freaking cold here, so that will come in handy.
-dancedance-

I live in upstate (western) new york, I HATE the cold and the snow, but you deal, that's how I know it because cold air can actually freeze your lungs from the INSIDE!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:26 am
I live in Northern Canada xd  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:31 am
Groovy Spleen
I live in Northern Canada xd

....I pity you. razz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:06 am
Hi.

I love watching the biggest loser!!!

and i also Love ice cream!

so i was reading your goals and all and wow your goal islike 100 pounds in one year, and once you lose 100 you will feel awesome and i'll be very proud of you if you are able to do that.

i think you should take walks with your mom like everyday, it is great to talk to someone, and she can be like your extra push to remind you, and to help you with your weight loss.

i know it sounds soos stupid, but i like love you for making this journal.
i am not trying to lose a lot of weight though, but i just love hearing from someone about their days, and their goals. it helps me.. like push myself a lot more because someone else is doing it right with me.

~Good Luck on Your Weight Loss~ heart

*Rose*

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:45 am
RoseAintMean
Hi.

I love watching the biggest loser!!!

and i also Love ice cream!

so i was reading your goals and all and wow your goal islike 100 pounds in one year, and once you lose 100 you will feel awesome and i'll be very proud of you if you are able to do that.

i think you should take walks with your mom like everyday, it is great to talk to someone, and she can be like your extra push to remind you, and to help you with your weight loss.

i know it sounds soos stupid, but i like love you for making this journal.
i am not trying to lose a lot of weight though, but i just love hearing from someone about their days, and their goals. it helps me.. like push myself a lot more because someone else is doing it right with me.

~Good Luck on Your Weight Loss~ heart

*Rose*

awww thank you razz -hops off to read your journal- awww you're 3 years younger than me, and the same age as my brother.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Okay, i have a secret. I get these horrid stomach pains when I don't eat. not the I'm hungry pains (that's stomach growling) this is just 'I can't believe I had the deal with this!?!" stomach tantrum pains. So i have been popping tums! I love tums, my grandmother use to give them to us like candy when I was little. Mmmm Tums.

Really I think it's just an over production of stomach acid and my stomach getting smaller. What does everyone else think?

OH YES! go look at my AWESOME post about sexy vs. confidence on the front forum.

<3

The Eternal Optimist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:13 pm
YAAAY!
SOmetimes it's goood to just have soemthing like that to soothe your stomach. It takes a while to get used to new eating habits n_n  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Today was all about learning.
Went grocery shopping with a LIST!! I never do that I have ALWAYS believed in being inspired by the food but I think I did well. I have alot of basics that I love such as cheese sticks and pom juice.

Food
Breakfast
Quaker Oatmeal, Strawberries and Cream flavor
Three scrambled eggs, I didn't eat them all probobly 1.5 but I record them all (it's better to over guess than under guess in my opinion)

Snack

Snapple Strawberry Kiwi (MMM!!!)

Dinner (I keep missing lunch)
A whole pepperoni pizza, it was one of those frozen ones from Tony's. 1,260 calories
And a slice of my brother's cheese pizza....
A mountain Dew Code Red (12 oz can)
and some cottage cheese (i hate cottage cheese but it fights those ice cream urges)

I went over my goal, but I had a great day shopping with my mom and brother and just hanging out and once in a while it's okay tomorrow I'll be at or under 2000 biggrin

Reasons I Diet

My poor omentum (momentum without the m, It's an ORGAN!), i watched oprah we'll get to that, it's this thing below your stomach that catches fat coming out of your intestines and in skinny people it's lacy in fat people it's this huge beer gut (that's what a beer gut is!!!!) it's UNDER the musscle so you can't feel it and it cramps up your musscles and organs and that is why waist size is so important.

Waist Size of 40 inches or more on a 50-55 year old woman has the same chance of dying as if they had BREAST CANCER!! I told my mother this but I changed it to 65 because she is 56.

OPRAH!
Everyone should have watched thursday's episode of oprah, Dr. Oz talked about stuff from his new book 'You on a Diet" I want to read it. Things I learned.....

Ideal Waist line
Women < 32.5 inches
Men < 35 inches

About the omentum

Food travels from your intestine to the large bowl which has a break triggered by fiber.
Eat breakfast, more fiber, breaks sooner, food travels slower, get hungry slower!!

Read labels don't eat
Hydrogenated Oils
Sugar
High Fructose Corn Syrup (more later)
Enriched Flour
Bleached Flour

Eat
Mono and Polly Unsaturated Fat (they fight depression just like a omerga 3 fatty acid)
Sugar < 4 grams
Saturate Fat < 4 grams

Fight Eating
Red pepper and Cinamon reduce appatite
Smaller plate size
Eat BREAKFAST!

EMERGENCY CRAVING FOODS
-Crunch w/ sweetness
Apples
Carrots
Veggie Juice
BREATH STRIPS
-Oral fixation of PUT SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH NOW!!!! (w/o hunger) it can be water or food and a breath strip counts as food to your brain!

Automate Breakfast
have the same breakfast and lunch everyday, limiting options has you eat less because you just want EVERYTHING (like reading the menu at wendy's)

Ghrelin (gremlin) vs. Leptin (lepricaun)
Ghrelin tells your body you are hungry
Leptin tells your body you are full
High Fructose foods make leptin quieter so you are full you just can't hear it shouting
Eat something non sugary (a handful of nuts) 1/2 hour before you eat if you are famished so that Gherlin has a chance to alm down to it's real voice not it's paniced voice.

SUGAR MAKES YOU HUNGRIER!!

Excersise
10,000 steps
strength train 30 minutes a week
60 minutes a week BREAK A SWEAT (aerobics)
Stretch 5 minutes a day

Cravings vs. Mood
Meat --> Angry
Sweet --> Depressed
Sweet and Soft (ice cream!) --> Anxious
Salty --> Stressed
Rich (Pasta) --> lonley
All? - Jelious

Omega-3 Fatty Acids fight depression!
Post pardum depression? The baby took all your Omega 3s!!
-Olive Oil
-Fish! (tuna fish sandwich makes you happier!?!)

High Fructose Corn Syrup
We eat 63 pounds a year!! that's 33 pounds still in our body, cut out nothing but high fructose corn syrup you'll loose 33 pounds in one year!

The Eternal Optimist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:59 pm
Ewwww cornsyrup!
thats for horses lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:44 am
Groovy Spleen
Ewwww cornsyrup!
thats for horses lol.

I thought horses liked corn chips....

The Eternal Optimist

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:43 am

Hello my lovelies

Breakfast
Quaker Oats Apples and Cinnimon (the only one that doesn't remind me of cheese)
Pint of low fat chocolate milk

Pedometer: 2294 steps so far today which is .89 miles and 59 calories.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff