• Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:56 pm

i like Achmed the best too
heart heart
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:42 pm

I heart Achmed!

The only reason I joined this guild was so I could talk about it! They're my favorite series, and I can't wait until The Assassin King comes out. (If it's out already, it's not in any of my local book stores).

Grunthor: "Maybe they'll fight it out among themselves. Seems to be workin' out right nice."
Achmed: "Yes, it does. Well, then, let's go celebrate by torturing ourselves."

And who could forget Grunthor? I don't think anyone that's read them hasn't just loved Grunthor. He's a big teddy bear with tusks.

...My fangirl is showing, isn't it? *Huggles Symphony of Ages*

Werewolf Garnet

Werewolf Garnet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:45 pm

Sorry for posting twice, but I'm really excited, and I don't know where to put this:

I got Assassin King today.

Since I have a habit of oversharing, I'll leave it at that. *Squee*
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:24 pm

is it good? no spoilers please as it hasn't come out here.

Shanti~dragongirl

Werewolf Garnet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:40 am

I finished TAK awhile ago, and it was worth the money I spent on it...a little slow in the beginning, but she has you holding your breath throughout it. I honestly don't know what to expect from her books anymore!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:47 pm

^-^ that sounds good can't wait till it comes out here.

Shanti~dragongirl

ANARA Airlyn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:45 am

i read tak a while back (like 7 months ago) and it wans't what i was expecting at all. i head rumors that there was going to be a seventh and eighth book, is that true?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 pm

gahh! I just want the sixth to come out already! whee

Shanti~dragongirl

bluemouse2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:46 pm

I read Rhapsody, Prophecy, Destiny and Requiem for the Sun. My favorite characters are Grunthor and Achmed.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 am

Everyone that I've gotten to read the series has loved Grunthor. I personally think that if you don't like Grunthor, you're just dead inside. That pretty much sums it up.

As TAK isn't out everywhere, I'll avoid discussing that.

What did you all think of Meridion when the series started, and when you finished the series, did your opinion change?

Werewolf Garnet

Silver Shadow Sinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:20 pm

I'm waiting for The Assassin King to come out in paperback.......but I think I might go to the store and read the whole thing there in chunks. 4laugh

Question: am I the only one here who thinks that Rhapsody should be with Achmed instead of Ashe? I mean, the whole Sam and Emily reunited thing is great and all, and I really don't have anything against Ashe, but Achmed knows so much more about Rhapsody and he knows her inside and out. True love is great and wonderful, but Ashe was with Rhapsody that one night and then in he comes in romantically Destiny, with a little bit towards the end of prophecy.

As for Grunthor, how can anyone not long him and his shiny collection of weapons? It's not like he's scary or anything........
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:14 pm

I think there are more Rhapsody/Achmed fans out there than the other way around, but I'm more of a Rhapsody/Ashe fan.

I think I love how nobody knows how they truly first met. Besides, as Achmed predicted, Ashe may just die or turn into a dragon. Although, I don't see why he can't do what Barney (the barkeep, I think was his name) did in the fourth book.

Werewolf Garnet

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Achmed/Rahspsody vs. Ashe/Rahpsody
you really just get the best o both worlds there because you get the romanticism of predestined love and the knowledge that it will work out with the awesome Achmed in the future.
But that is just how I feel about it.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:06 am

she has recently started writing a series for teens that is pretty good. the first one is called "THe Floating Island" part of "The lost journals of Ven Polypheme"

lovebooks

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Has anyone heard what the next book will be called Yet? I know it's a little early but I'm curious.
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff