Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Elemental Weapon of Ether? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 am
deadmanjake
Lord Elf asked what do we do if they fail? Since instead of giving them huge infodumps, we just ask them those three, but what do we do if they fail?
call them on it of course. mind, i would probably still provide some of the info dumps. every once in a while, you do get someone who is honestly interested and has just been spoon fed lies. with the info dumps, they might get steared in the right direction.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 am
deadmanjake

Lord Elf asked what do we do if they fail? Since instead of giving them huge infodumps, we just ask them those three, but what do we do if they fail?
Actually, we still give them infodumps.
Back when the Three Questions were the norm, we'd ask, they'd fail, we gave them the infodumps.

No reason that should change eh?  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 am
deadmanjake
Send Tea after them to Trout them?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:53 am
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake

Actually, we still give them infodumps.
Back when the Three Questions were the norm, we'd ask, they'd fail, we gave them the infodumps.

No reason that should change eh?

But what if they are like many and the infodumps are not even read? What do we do then? Other than report them that is.  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:18 am
deadmanjake

But what if they are like many and the infodumps are not even read? What do we do then? Other than report them that is.
Simply report them for spam.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:33 am
deadmanjake
same thing we do now. hammer it into their thick skulls, ram them into the floor a time or two and then stick around long enough to watch them leave in a huff.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 am
phoenix shadowwolf
deadmanjake
same thing we do now. hammer it into their thick skulls, ram them into the floor a time or two and then stick around long enough to watch them leave in a huff.

HAHAHHAHAHHA...now my jaw hurts from such an image...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:35 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
deadmanjake
Send Tea after them to Trout them?
Trouts are love!  

TeaDidikai

Morphenius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:07 am
Huh.

Okay, this has been a confusion of mine for many years, so if someone would care to elaborate I would much appreciate it.

Why does Wicca need secrets?

The rationale that the secrets are needed to identify "real Wiccans" from fluffies doesn't make much sense to me. The reason fluffies are a problem is because they're immature. That will become evident within the first few minutes of conversation when they start talking about how much cooler they are than the rest of the world because they're Wiccan, or how they're constantly victimized by the world or the gods, or how they know they're getting true communications from divine beings because "it feels right." I have never felt the need for a fluff-detector because most of them have their fluff factor tattooed on their foreheads.

Is there some other reason I'm unaware of?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:22 am
Morphenius

That's a secret.

Ok, it's not, but it was a funny answer.

There are a few reasons.
1) You can't be told the truth, you have to live it. A secret
2) You can't be told the truth, it would break you. A secret
3) There are their secret beliefs..... they're entiteled to keep them that way.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 am
Morphenius

Because Wicca is a Mystery religion based upon the communal experience of Intiated Clergy.

As Reagun said- the Mysteries can't be written, they are experienced.

Quote:
The rationale that the secrets are needed to identify "real Wiccans" from fluffies doesn't make much sense to me. The reason fluffies are a problem is because they're immature. That will become evident within the first few minutes of conversation when they start talking about how much cooler they are than the rest of the world because they're Wiccan, or how they're constantly victimized by the world or the gods, or how they know they're getting true communications from divine beings because "it feels right." I have never felt the need for a fluff-detector because most of them have their fluff factor tattooed on their foreheads.

This needs context. One cannot prove one is Wiccan on a webforum.

We can however, show that someone doesn't know enough to be Wiccan in the first place. This is where the Elemental Weapon of Ether comes in.

Every fluff and their uncle claiming to be Wiccan without actually being Wiccan violates the rules of M&R. As a result- we have to be able to show that they aren't Wiccan so we can move on with the discussion/debate at hand. It causes us to get sidetracked often, but it does maintain the structure of M&R which has been breaking down for a long time now.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Morphenius

Because Wicca is a Mystery religion based upon the communal experience of Intiated Clergy.

As Reagun said- the Mysteries can't be written, they are experienced.

Quote:

This needs context. One cannot prove one is Wiccan on a webforum.

We can however, show that someone doesn't know enough to be Wiccan in the first place. This is where the Elemental Weapon of Ether comes in.

Every fluff and their uncle claiming to be Wiccan without actually being Wiccan violates the rules of M&R. As a result- we have to be able to show that they aren't Wiccan so we can move on with the discussion/debate at hand. It causes us to get sidetracked often, but it does maintain the structure of M&R which has been breaking down for a long time now.

Yeah, so simplifying it and asking the three right off the bat will make it easier to sift out those who actually want to know, and those who will never listen. Though I am find more of the latter as of late. sad  

jaden kendam

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 pm
Read the Book of Five Rings, by Miyamoto Musashi and you will know what the elemental weapon of ether is.

Am I close, reagun?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:28 am
I'm still in the cookie school. Either a cookie...or some other vaguely roundish thing...  

Henry Dorsett Case

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:21 am
Henry Dorsett Case
I'm still in the cookie school. Either a cookie...or some other vaguely roundish thing...
As long as it has Fairy floss and pink sparkles.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff