Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:12 am
Anarchy-x
God Save the Queen...I'm going listen to The Sex Pistols now

wooo! i love that song! i had it on myspace for a while...until they deleted it! i can't remember what song i have now!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:58 pm
I'm Canadian, so I don't have to recite that, but I always skip the part thats says "god keep our land" I still stand though, I'm proud to be Canadian. Besides, with the political correctness crusade, it'll change in a couple years anyway.

Seriously, people were supposed to say "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas". I'm like frick, i'm an Atheist and i say it; it doesn't offend me... stupid government. It'd be the same if someone said "happy *insert holiday* i'd say it back...  

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

RockerSince1992

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:30 pm
I stand for the Pledge in respect for my country but i do not say the pledge to pledge myself to 'god'  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:28 pm
I hate how all the simple-minded high schoolers assumed my only reason for not saying the "pledge of allegiance" was because it says "under g0d". There is no g0d, so the USA is not under g0d, but that's not the point. I can't just not say that line. It's the idea of pledging allegiance that I have a problem with. The only thing I pledge allegiance to is my own conscience and maybe truth. Compassion is a nice thing, too. But I only think that because that's what my conscience tells me. So if I just pledge allegiance to my conscience, that will cover everything.

I stopped saying the "pledge of allegiance" in 5th grade. My initial reason was that it said "under g0d" and I didn't believe in g0d. In years prior to that, it was just a game to me, and I didn't care about saying something I disagreed with. My 5th grade teacher didn't care. My 6th grade teacher was a b***h about it. She glared at me and slammed a note down on my desk on the 2nd or 3rd day of school that said, "Until I get a note from your mother saying you don't have to say the pledge, you STAND." So I got a from my mother saying I didn't have to say the pledge. I handed the note to the teacher and stayed sitting in my desk. When the pledge came on, she said authoritatively, "Rilian, stand up." I said, "No, I gave you the note." She held it up and said with a triumphant smile, "It says you don't have to say the pledge." What. A. b***h.

They didn't have it again until 9-12-2001, when I was in 9th grade. Boy, did I encounter a lot of s**t for that. I was accused of being unpatriotic. Well, yeah, I am, and proud of it. They said it was disrespectful to those around me who wanted to say it. Well, then, they are being disrespectful to me by standing and saying it! They said it was disrespectful to the people who died. What? That makes no sense. They said I didn't have to say the pledge, but that I was required by some school district law thingy to STAND or LEAVE THE ROOM. So I left the room. But sometimes that wasn't feasible. And one day this girl tried to block my way! That day, no one stood or said the pledge because they were too busy watching me and this little b***h fight over her attempt to suppress my rights. Then I got suspended for 3 days and she didn't get in trouble for harrassing me.

Most people are morons. Therefore, most of our teachers and politicians will be morons. Home-schooling is teh roxor.  

Prince Rilian

wavethedayaway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:12 pm
Un-Hugged Child
honestly me being Atheist and all I dont belive we are all under one god... but at the very same time i look at the Pledge of Allegiance (sp?) as me pledging my life and my duty to America... So I do it every day as well... then agian I am also in a French homeroom and she makes us all say it in French to help pratice the language so I think it is something my entire class should do...
Same here. In elementary school, we had to learn how to say it in Spanish and French. Now, we don't. Every Monday morning, the middle and high school says the Pledge of Allegiance. Some people don't say it. It's just their preference. I do, because, as you said, it's just like pledging to your country.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:16 pm
Rilian
I hate how all the simple-minded high schoolers assumed my only reason for not saying the "pledge of allegiance" was because it says "under g0d". There is no g0d, so the USA is not under g0d, but that's not the point. I can't just not say that line. It's the idea of pledging allegiance that I have a problem with. The only thing I pledge allegiance to is my own conscience and maybe truth. Compassion is a nice thing, too. But I only think that because that's what my conscience tells me. So if I just pledge allegiance to my conscience, that will cover everything.

I stopped saying the "pledge of allegiance" in 5th grade. My initial reason was that it said "under g0d" and I didn't believe in g0d. In years prior to that, it was just a game to me, and I didn't care about saying something I disagreed with. My 5th grade teacher didn't care. My 6th grade teacher was a b***h about it. She glared at me and slammed a note down on my desk on the 2nd or 3rd day of school that said, "Until I get a note from your mother saying you don't have to say the pledge, you STAND." So I got a from my mother saying I didn't have to say the pledge. I handed the note to the teacher and stayed sitting in my desk. When the pledge came on, she said authoritatively, "Rilian, stand up." I said, "No, I gave you the note." She held it up and said with a triumphant smile, "It says you don't have to say the pledge." What. A. b***h.

They didn't have it again until 9-12-2001, when I was in 9th grade. Boy, did I encounter a lot of s**t for that. I was accused of being unpatriotic. Well, yeah, I am, and proud of it. They said it was disrespectful to those around me who wanted to say it. Well, then, they are being disrespectful to me by standing and saying it! They said it was disrespectful to the people who died. What? That makes no sense. They said I didn't have to say the pledge, but that I was required by some school district law thingy to STAND or LEAVE THE ROOM. So I left the room. But sometimes that wasn't feasible. And one day this girl tried to block my way! That day, no one stood or said the pledge because they were too busy watching me and this little b***h fight over her attempt to suppress my rights. Then I got suspended for 3 days and she didn't get in trouble for harrassing me.

Most people are morons. Therefore, most of our teachers and politicians will be morons. Home-schooling is teh roxor.
What morons. I think it's more of a personal preference thing. If people don't want to say it, then hey, whatever floats their boat. Anyway, I don't think it should be forced on student to say it. I just think that they should give time to those who want to say it, and the people that don't don't have to stand or say anything.  

wavethedayaway

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:53 am
I guess I'm not a total patriotic person, partially since the "war" in Iraq has killed our country. I say Buck Fush. He is definitely part of the reason our national debt is so huge. I'm starting to think our nation has no money at all if we pay the national debt. Can't bush just pay off his credit card bills from Bank of America(/the rest of the world)? (Pun intended, quoting encouraged)
I give no respects to the dead, only to the work that they did. Quite frankly, our government is/may be good enough, but it could be WAY better.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:18 pm
I myself would rather it stay "under god" because, well, I'm just a traditional patriotic mother ******** the way, we started our debt at the end of President Clinton's term.

kthxbai  

[Hollow Point]

Veinlash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:18 pm
to the person who made this
dude big deal its just a word
if it bothers you so much just say the pledge but leave out the under god part
i for one respect christians and their beleifs <******** if they want me to say under god ill say it
it doesnt make me any less of an atheist  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces