Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crystallized_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:04 am
umm put less words on the screen my eyes can't follow it properly xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:13 am
hm well im in the middle lol... mixing both ...im sometimes shy others outgoing ... maybe bcoz i was born here in america,,, so the culture influences a lot the way i was brough up and way of thinking as well acting  

Xiao_Jun

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:42 am
~~choco~cooky~~
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
Hitokiri_Tsering
ninja-fish
Hitman1
OOOOOCCCCUUUUHHHHHHHH, my head hurt. hate reading

yeah i agree

Yea.. i definately agree

Hahaha yeah that was quite a bit of reading >.<...
*Back on topic* It's true that there used to be lots of the stereotypical Asian girl...
Shy, quiet, and somewhat of a book-nerd if I may add...
And I have also noticed that Asian girls have been changing...
Now most Asian girls I know and see are loud, flirty, and pretty much what you said...
And I also understand how you're getting the idea of Asian girls being "rebels"...
Of them trying to be different from what they are stereotyped to be...
But it seems to be trendy now...
Sure they're trying to be different by not seeming quiet and shy...
But these days it's trendy to be different...
Plus it could just be a phase in life...

*Btw* Your avi has no arms, R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r!!!

ZOMGOSHNESS~! Mike's right. eek Your..your.. arms... whoah..
Back to the topic, yeah atm I think being different is a stereotype.
Because nowadays, everyone is being different, I mean okay thats nice, but if everyone is being different, it's not really different, now is it?
So basically, they aren't different at all. sweatdrop

Exactly my point!
(and yes, I don't have arms)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:52 am
AngelAssassin
Kuroi Kohhi
AngelAssassin
This is my only question since I am not Asian:

How come Asians boys 9that I've known of) do not wnat to date black girls? (since I am black and I am a bit asian0crazy over guys. So hawt!!!!! whee ) I find that Asian boys tend to go with the sterotypical " if you have a white girl, you're good" or something like that and think that black women are all trouble and have no respect or something along that matter. Also, I see that many men even go into the sterotypcial "girls have to be skinny" mode and do not appreaciate a girl who is thick or, like I like to say, have meat on her bones. I know I am going off subject (sorry!!!!!) but I really want to know why.

Also, about the Asian girls comment, yes I do see the changes. I guess they are tired of being stuck in one mold but do not see that they are being stuck in another mold.

i dont know my best friend shin, his gf is black and they love each other, i dont know, he is japanese... sweatdrop
eek xp crying
I guess it will just be fantasy in my head......

I guess is just depends on which Asian guy you're going after. My neighbor, who is Filipino, is crazy over one of his friends who is black. But... again it's this asian x white coupling (which I still havent heard an explaination for). Most Asians, for some reason, just assume that if they don't want another asian, that whites are the only option. I just don't understand..

Also, that "skinny is better" thing won't ever change unless the media changes, too. If they don't stop promoting anorexia, there'll be no hope for REAL women.. real women have curves!

Hyped up TeaCup

bamboowitch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 am
Does what music you listen to, style of clothing actually efftect your persona? (shyness etc.)

I think that what you listen and wear doesn't affect your personality but the way other people view you, a friend of mine is very quiet but loves metal music (hmm) and people like myself have no preference in music razz so it music affects my personality i must be a rather strange and queer person. not saying i'm not most people think i'm weird and i'm proud of it because everyone is 'different' because we have different ideas and beliefs and tastes. So yus difference is the norm. well thats what i think.
Am i straying of the topic again as usual? O.o  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:07 pm
make yourself stand out and appear different from others  

Agent_Leon_Kennedy

anna bandana

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:30 pm
ahem, Specifically speaking for myself, I'm more attracted to asian guys than white dudes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight…

They just do. You should learn to accept it. One day, it'll be your turn to be noticed. :U

It feels so right
To
night…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

Azn Fcuk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:50 pm
I'd say music or the media really does affect how I look, just not how I act.

I see all types of Asians in my school, punkinsh, emo, conservative types, etc...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:57 pm
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
So, I think I may be turning into a stereotypical asian girl!
Great.

Stereotypes. Gah.. and racial slurs
We all come across those everyday.
Asians (as we all know) are seen as being the bookish, shy fashion victims Dx

Of course there are other stereotypes for asians..

buuuuut
Now, apparently, asians now have another stereotype (mainly for the girls)
White boy dating, rock loving "rebels"
C'mon you have a million of them in your school, you see them in the mall, on tv.. they're everywhere now.

Maybe you're one yourself?

It's as if asian girls have tried so hard to break the image of shy and bookish by becoming "different." But now so many of them are doing it. So being "different" is now becoming a stereotype.

Well, I'm in transition of the two... or maybe even a mixture.

I know I shouldn't be talking about this, since I hate making assumptions about people etc.
But this brings up so many topics I've always wondered:
Why are white men so attracted to asian girls? (vise versa)
Does what music you listen to, style of clothing actually efftect your persona? (shyness etc.)
Why, in the media, must an asian always have a relationship with someone of another race for them to be well liked?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Why can't you people read? gonk

wow....u like read my mind......im white but all the girls i like are asian....i do actually have some asian in me so......  

santannamoss

santannamoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:59 pm
vi3tdorkness
Hm, I wonder about that too...
and why is it not as many Asian guys can get white girls?? (At least where I live...).

I swear, us Asian girls get a lot of diff. types of guys. Those Asian guys gotta step up their game!! xd

While I'm on that topic, watch this it's really funny: "Yellow Fever" On Youtube

thats the same at where i live........white guys get asian girls but asian guys cant get white girls.......weird.......  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:13 pm
I think there's two different stereotypical categories that Asian girls break into.

Conservative, shy, parents don't let you go s**t and kill you for getting Bs type girls. The girls that don't dye their hair, stay home on weekends, do their homework and don't talk in class.

Then there's the hair dying, tanning, heel wearing, carrying fake LV type.

And more now the Hollister, Abercrombie, white guy loving girls, haha.

There's always going to be stereotypes. But hey, stereotypes are stemmed from truth, so it's fine by me.  

A Cheeky Angel

[ puttanesca ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'm the outgoing/odd/crazy one.
:B

I dont really see Asian Girls dating Asian guys HERE.
Cause I'm practically the only Asian Girl.
My boyfriend is white.

I have people staring at me like I'm turning purple etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:39 pm
hmm i agree totally how alot of girls try to get out of hte book-ishtype of asian girl and want to be different.. cuz im sorrttaaa like that in a way, where i like to be different... but im not the whole rebel sort. im might dress punky or ghetto or prep.. like having many styles and/or mixing them to make me diff... but in my opinion i like asian boys x3 not white ones ^^;;...
but my sis is like preppy-ish.. and likes more white guys...
and my brother... likes every girl x333  

bunii_foo

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas