Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

plain_goth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:29 pm
Mistress Dizzy
plain_goth
my mommy likes to wear my staightjacket to work.
but she yells at me because of the very very very heavy amount of makeup i wear. and she listens to my music and sings along with me (except for the screaming parts. thats my job.)

WOW. Lucky. eek

thank you. (if that is an adequate response)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:37 pm
My Parents don't care either way, they've always let me do what i want as long as i look at more than one veiw of any particular subject. I think it's because my mom's a non-church going christian, and my dad's Alexandrian wiccan, a recovering catholic which is why he chose alexandrian. they could care less, as long as i dont let my little sister listen to too much of hte massive amounts of metal i listen to. She likes some of it which is nice. my mom is the one i can talk to about stuff, she's more open minded than my father, a right winged conservative Wiccan, which i find extremly contridictory. but he's military so *shrugs*. my parents like my long hair and they dont yell at me when i buy things like resin skulls, so i guess im lucky.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:59 pm
my mum's been weird....at first she was screaming at me that i should be burnt at the stake then she found some of the sites i was look at (tip if you share a computer try to cover your tracks sweatdrop ) and she said "its important to experament but id much rather you were christian"

me = confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:36 pm
My parents never minded. My mother is a seamstress, and she loves costume dramas. My path to gothdom started with a reenactment society, and I wear a lot of Victorian or pseudo-Mediaeval stuff, so the clothing really intrigued her. It got to the point where we'd sit down together and sketch out ideas, or go on little spending binges at the fabric store. She does sometimes laugh at my makeup, though.

My father doesn't care if I'm 'goth,' as long as it doesn't hinder me from making something of myself. In fact, since I'm aiming for an artistic profession, he thinks it's probably useful for me to look unusual. It helps that I never wanted tattoos or piercings, though. He doesn't like that sort of thing, and I think it would have made him go buggo.  

Veruniel
Crew

[Disasterpiece]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:33 pm
I guess my mom's used to it now, she still hates it now, she sometimes says I'm 'going to far', I don't think I am... My mom like some of the music I listen to, not all of it though, Maybe she's not all that pissed because I passed on spray painting her car, and running it into the lake, O.o ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:59 pm
hah, yeah, demolition of cars does tend to make some people angry for some reason  

themagikat

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:08 pm
my father doesn't know because he only sees me once every 10 months now.. and my mom is rarely home engh to notice... so no they don't know... hell... they don't even know my favorite color let alone what i would be steriotyped as or the crud i do on a regular basses....  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:08 pm
My parents think that it's a phase that every teenager goes through rolleyes . They don't understand and don't want to.  

Dearest Darling`

ThesaurusRex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:06 pm
my grandma is a head banger(literaly, she loves marylin mansona nd 3 days grace and rob zombie) she will let me get my first cartlege pircing when im 13(claires said i ahve to be 13 to get it) and well, she doesnt care, she lets me shop at hot topic and lets me be all, "i hate evrythign now go away before i beat you to death"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:07 pm
wow i guess ive got the easiest life outta all of you. I started getting goth in my Frosh year of Highschool at my first highschool. after sophomore year i had to move to my dad's house where there are absolutely no goths and very few punk or semi-goth people, so I had to tone it down a bit. I had to stop wering all the good black stuff and settle for dark blue and sometimes white -_-'. Ok, so now I'm in my senior year and about to graduate (one more week ^_^) and I'm starting to shift myself back to my old goth self. I went and got myself one of those long a** trenchcoats from Hot Topic, a few studded items, and my long lost Converse All-Stars. So basically I'm almost back to bein full goth, but i dont think i'll be doin eyeliner until i go to college where the parentals cant have a say >:^)

My mom was always cool about my gothism, and even encouraged me to find my own way around religion. Naturally, I leaned to the occult at first, but then realized that and organized religion restricts from the possibility of being truly spiritual with onesself and the universe, because organized religion tells you how the world is, gives you all the rules, and afferms the actions of itself and its followers. If spiritual equilibrium is found through onesself, it is entirely more personal and fulfilling, while more difficult.

I still pick debating battles with the preps and the Watchtower people i come across, but to me it's all fun and games.

The depression and insecurities I still deal with all stem from back when i was in 1st and 2nd grade. I was the kid always getting picked on and made fun of and alienated, and I was scarred from it. It's caused alot of familial rifts and depression, but I'm starting to find my way through the worst of it. Although I've always been close to my mom, I've never felt truly connected to the rest of my family, which is saying alot since My dad's side is all Jewish (very into keeping a tight family). My mom never really talkes about her side of the family and nobody ever calls or visits for holidays so for the last 18 years its been as if they dont even exist for me.

Well anyhoo... I think that was just about as much as i cn put down at the moment.... PM me if you feel like testing your philisophical skills against mine biggrin  

Pyroball

Mistaken-Paradox

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:58 pm
my parents dont really care but they dont like the music clothes and such  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:30 am
it can get annoying to have parents unnacepting of their offspring's tastes.

i used to have to hide my sketchbook(s) from them since they think my art is "weird" (surrealism to them is not art, that and my mom wants me to be some divine scientist with the cure for cancer or aids)  

themagikat

Pyroball

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:32 am
themagikat

i used to have to hide my sketchbook(s) from them since they think my art is "weird" (surrealism to them is not art, that and my mom wants me to be some divine scientist with the cure for cancer or aids)

I hate it when parents force their religion on their kids -_-'  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:34 am
themagikat

Surrealism can be fun at times. ^_^ Too bad that it's an underappreicated artform. Of course then again my surrealism can get rather odd in a hurry, but that is what happens when bordom sets in during school and you have pen and paper handy...  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Pyroball

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:37 am
thats when I do my best art!  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items