Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
De-stickying of the BritPol thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:41 am
Now. This has turned out to be quite the little crisis. A few things have happened to Britpol that members may be interested, moreover shocked and dismayed at.

Firstly, the Britpol Thread was abandoned in favour of the Britpol Mark II that was APPROVED of as a thread by the Gaia mods. So it was made. Now, it appears that the thread has been moved to GD.

Frankly, I have no idea of your stance on the matter, however I am appauled and disgusted at the pure discrimination against all British Gaians, as it now appears that we cannot even TALK about our country in ED.

DO NOT PM Danjel, he WILL ban you. Invictus has resorted to...measures...in order to evade his wrath.

Thankyou for reading, and undoubtably, Francis will have more to say on the matter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:47 am
Nebelstern
Now. This has turned out to be quite the little crisis. A few things have happened to Britpol that members may be interested, moreover shocked and dismayed at.

Firstly, the Britpol Thread was abandoned in favour of the Britpol Mark II that was APPROVED of as a thread by the Gaia mods. So it was made. Now, it appears that the thread has been moved to GD.
(*)

Frankly, I have no idea of your stance on the matter, however I am appauled and disgusted at the pure discrimination against all British Gaians, as it now appears that we cannot even TALK about our country in ED.(#)

DO NOT PM Danjel, he WILL ban you. Invictus has resorted to...measures...in order to evade his wrath.

Thankyou for reading, and undoubtably, Francis will have more to say on the matter.

(*) The moving of the Danjel-encouraged "BritPol Mk. II" was accompanied by a PM notifying me of a second warning by Danjel for spamming. Third warning = ban, apparently.
I may be wrong, but I see no spam. I could easily be mistaken of course as I am sure a trustworthy Gaia Moderator would not warn or ban without a very sound and legal reason.

I simply have yet to see evidence of this reason.

(#) This would indeed seem to be the case, though do try to keep the BritPol Mk. II alive and respectable during it's stay in the GD. It may yet get put back in place.

Regards,

Invictus

Invictus_88
Captain

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:17 am
This may not be the place to say but considering Britain conquered half the world at one time, wouldn't that suggest that Britian was an still is a major part of the world?

Also usually the way Invi writes is in a very polite and focused manner, so how this warning has come to light defies me. Just thought I'd share my thoughts here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:21 am
DragonRich
This may not be the place to say but considering Britain conquered half the world at one time, wouldn't that suggest that Britian was an still is a major part of the world?

Also usually the way Invi writes is in a very polite and focused manner, so how this warning has come to light defies me. Just thought I'd share my thoughts here.

Well, that guy is a psycho, he banned me from having sigs because mine was too long (its wasnt at the time of complaint, I checked). I think it was something to do with the fact that i had an all GBG sig  

and_solo_said

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:22 am
so basically if you're a brit, he hates you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:24 am
DragonRich

No..Just a Brit who is in any way linked with Invictus  

and_solo_said

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:25 am
He's going to hate me then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:27 am
and_solo_said
DragonRich

No..Just a Brit who is in any way linked with Invictus

I guess that this entire guild then? great........... anyway its not like we can do anything about it now  

DragonRich

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:53 am
That is bloody well it! HOW DARE THE b*****d!? How dare he tell you what to do with your signature!? This IS discrimination. AND HE'S ******** WELL GOING DOWN FOR IT.

Anyone who does that to my friend(s) has/have got it coming to them. LET'S BE 'AVING YER!!!!
scream  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:57 am
Oh my.... eek perhaps we stage a protest and put GBG things in our sigs? But under the limit so that he can't say anything? Or is this me spouting s**t again?  

dreaming_mouse

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:58 am
Once I saw someone with a sig that was a black space of exactly 501x501 pixels, and a caption saying "I'm a rebel, yo."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:06 pm
Someone could put together a "Save Invictus" signature. We could hold a small competition for it. Who's up for it?

EDIT: Subclause "In no way because of Invi, so don't ban him for this, you f*ckers"...or similar. Dilute to taste.  

Lord Jagged

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:13 pm
Quite frankly, I fear for ALL of us now. People at high risk are;

Invictus, (obviously)
Me, (For sending Danjel a PM before)
Owen, (For the sig issue)
Illy...(um, yes...)

And basically anyone who has posted outside of the GBG in British threads in ED. Be afraid, people. This is discrimination, and a ruthless, unforgiving mod here. Transfer ALL valuables and stocks of money, if the above applies to you, to a mule account. And do so sharpishly. Anyone associated with Invictus is in for a rough ride...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:15 pm
Nebelstern
Quite frankly, I fear for ALL of us now. People at high risk are;

Invictus, (obviously)
Me, (For sending Danjel a PM before)
Owen, (For the sig issue)
Illy...(um, yes...)

And basically anyone who has posted outside of the GBG in British threads in ED. Be afraid, people. This is discrimination, and a ruthless, unforgiving mod here. Transfer ALL valuables and stocks of money, if the above applies to you, to a mule account. And do so sharpishly. Anyone associated with Invictus is in for a rough ride...

I wonder how safe I am?
after the signatures, I think I may not be.  

Lord Jagged

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:18 pm
Surely you could just gather everything he's said to all of you and send it to someone higher up?  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games