Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampirism...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:25 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Due to my location, I mostly dealt with The Temple, but I have also come across spiritual and emotional parasites in other contexts as well.
Out of curiosity, what would you classify as an emotional parasite?
"Dramawhores who feed off the heightened emotional state of others (aware of it or otherwise) without the natural exchanges that come through healthy social interaction."
Thanks. I've always considered abusive people to be emotional parasites. People who take but do not return in almost any context can be considered parasites.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:02 am
missmagpie
Thanks. I've always considered abusive people to be emotional parasites. People who take but do not return in almost any context can be considered parasites.
Abusive people, rapists and drama queens.  

TeaDidikai

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:37 pm
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Abusive people, rapists and drama queens.
Does that mean that they are all technically "pranic" vampires?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:56 pm
It sort of amazes me at how mostly everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion that all "vampires" are of gothic nature and read Ann Rice (as for vampires who do read Ann Rice, I'm guessing some of you enjoy reading fictional pagan based books now and then to relate or escape.)

I'm sure there are some bad seeds in every group (in this case maybe more then a few I'll admit, I've met them too) but I know there are a few cases out there that don't fall in to the usual stereotypical category, I've heard of psi vampires before who try to hold off or who try to find different ways to soak up energy. Or even those who would try to return themselves to a state where they no longer need to seek out energy.

In my opinion I guess these specific individuals don't have an air that threatens me, I just see them as people with unusual problems trying to cope in this world.

As for blood drinkers, well what people do in there spare time (as long as its consensual) doesn’t really bother me to much of an extent unless their shoving it down my throat.

I guess in the end I'm just kind of surprised that a community that can seem so open minded and welcoming of other strange persons can have so many negative things to say about one small group of people, why is that, Please tell me?

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:25 am
EmeraldLadder
It sort of amazes me at how mostly everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion that all "vampires" are of gothic nature and read Ann Rice
I don't think we saw anybody jump to such a conclusion. In fact, I don't think the word "goth" was even mentioned in the thread. None of the parasites I know would be considered gothic.

Quote:
Or even those who would try to return themselves to a state where they no longer need to seek out energy.
I think the point made by several people is that they don't actually need to feed. It's just easier than dealing with whatever problem prevents them from feeling energetic.

Quote:
I just see them as people with unusual problems trying to cope in this world.
Ah. So they're like every single person with a sense of individuality who tries to cope with a difficult world.

Quote:
I guess in the end I'm just kind of surprised that a community that can seem so open minded and welcoming of other strange persons can have so many negative things to say about one small group of people, why is that, Please tell me?
Many people have been through some sort of difficult situation... and coped. In the end we are stronger for it, even if we wish it didn't happen. Parasites are people who use our strength, what we worked to achieve, for their own personal gain. This could be because they're too weak to work it out for themselves. Coming from a situation where I've been through quite a lot I find it disgusting.

It is theft. It is a sign of weakness, scorn and self-absorbancy (ooh look I made a funny!). They are stealing what others worked hard to achieve. If they want what I have they can bloody well work for it like everyone else.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:05 am
EmeraldLadder
It sort of amazes me at how mostly everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion that all "vampires" are of gothic nature and read Ann Rice (as for vampires who do read Ann Rice, I'm guessing some of you enjoy reading fictional pagan based books now and then to relate or escape.)
Care to cite that assertion?

Quote:
I'm sure there are some bad seeds in every group
And then there are whole groups that are by their nature- Bad Seeds. I'll cite Rapists as my example.

Quote:
but I know there are a few cases out there that don't fall in to the usual stereotypical category,
Would this be the stereotypical category that you mentioned as goths that none of us have made assertions on?

Quote:
I've heard of psi vampires before who try to hold off
I know of said individuals who say they do. Have yet to meet one who actually did it and stopped of their own volition.

Quote:
or who try to find different ways to soak up energy.
Oh- well, of course that's reasonable. If you're changing your patterns to steal soak up energy from someone something else, everything's peachy.

Quote:
Or even those who would try to return themselves to a state where they no longer need to seek out energy.
Good for them. As long as they are taking what doesn't belong to them- they're still not okay.

Quote:
I guess in the end I'm just kind of surprised that a community that can seem so open minded
Hmmmm... first time in a long time I have been accused of being Open Minded.
Quote:
and welcoming of other strange persons can have so many negative things to say about one small group of people, why is that, Please tell me?
Because their actions damage the individuals they steal from on a mental and spiritual level.

It's theft that boarders on Soul Rape. It can cause depression, anxity, and beyond the emotional and mental problems that can result, the spiritual implications are dangerous.  

TeaDidikai

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:57 pm
Alright I'm sorry, I was just wondering why so many people felt that way about "psi vamps" and I did see Reagun post:
Quote:
"Spiritual parasites doesn't have the same ring to it that psychic vampires does, you lose the gothic appeal and the "lestat" effect"

So I kind of jumped on it, I just see many pagan communities (and just people in general) that have this view on psi vampires (and no I really can’t state my source it’s just based of what I’ve read/heard in the past) and whenever I do I just feel kind of put off because I've also visited the vampire communities and they seem to hold nothing against the pagan community, in fact I think they feel like of bad about it.

From what I've read it seems like psi vampires are kind of like a depressed kid who's unsure of why people want to avoid him (because they are draining) and he feels bad about it but his feelings are misplaced?

Is that sort of it?

I'm not trying to be a d**k here or anything I just wanted to understand, perhaps I'm just too much of a bleeding heart sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:17 pm
EmeraldLadder
Alright I'm sorry, I was just wondering why so many people felt that way about "psi vamps" and I did see Reagun post:
Quote:
"Spiritual parasites doesn't have the same ring to it that psychic vampires does, you lose the gothic appeal and the "lestat" effect"

So I kind of jumped on it,
And there are individuals who do treat it as though they are out of some Victorian Fiction. Oh well. Reagun's comment doesn't apply to those who do not, or individuals who can hear the term "Spiritual Parasite" and admit it.

Quote:
I just see many pagan communities (and just people in general) that have this view on psi vampires (and no I really can’t state my source it’s just based of what I’ve read/heard in the past) and whenever I do I just feel kind of put off because I've also visited the vampire communities and they seem to hold nothing against the pagan community, in fact I think they feel like of bad about it.
Good. They should feel bad. They're HURTING PEOPLE.

stare

Quote:
From what I've read it seems like psi vampires are kind of like a depressed kid who's unsure of why people want to avoid him (because they are draining) and he feels bad about it but his feelings are misplaced?

No. Depression is clinical. Being a Spiritual Parasite is a choice. You opt to steal from another's soul and treat that individual as prey.

More like a Rapist not understanding why the woman he just sexually assaulted doesn't want to go out on a date with him.

Edit: Or in the case of those who have to clean up after them- they wonder why the Cop who is putting their cuffs on doesn't want to be their friend.  

TeaDidikai

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:50 pm
Quote:
No. Depression is clinical. Being a Spiritual Parasite is a choice. You opt to steal from another's soul and treat that individual as prey.

More like a Rapist not understanding why the woman he just sexually assaulted doesn't want to go out on a date with him.

Edit: Or in the case of those who have to clean up after them- they wonder why the Cop who is putting their cuffs on doesn't want to be their friend

I don't know I might have to argue about clinical depression sometimes, I wonder if they really might have a choice. It also seems more fitting to compare psi to depression because rape is in the physical terms but depression is more like the leeching of others spiritually because they have a lack of positive energy themselves.

Also maybe you could also argue that "Spiritual Parasites" lack some kind of energy and need to make up for it somehow.

Have you had some sort of experience with some of them that would say something otherwise? I'm curious.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:01 pm
EmeraldLadder
Also maybe you could also argue that "Spiritual Parasites" lack some kind of energy and need to make up for it somehow.

And a rapist lacks sex so goes out and gets some.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:10 pm
reagun ban
EmeraldLadder

Your missing my point though, I was refering to depression and psi being more linked on a level because of there lack of need for physical contact.

And besides, isn't rape is more of a control thing then it is a lack of sex?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:17 pm
EmeraldLadder
reagun ban
EmeraldLadder

Your missing my point though, I was refering to depression and psi being more linked on a level because of there lack of need for physical contact.

o.O
Do you get what we're saying here?
Parasites don't need what they steal, they want it.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:29 pm
reagun ban
EmeraldLadder
reagun ban
EmeraldLadder

o.O

I get what your saying I'm just not quite sure if I agree with the way you guys are putting it.

But how are you so sure they have a want for it and don't need it? Or couldn't it be both?

Even the word parasite implys some dependence upon something for survival at least in the animal kingdom sense of the word.

Please excuse me if I'm coming across as ignorant here, I'm just trying to figure things out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:44 pm
EmeraldLadder

I get what your saying I'm just not quite sure if I agree with the way you guys are putting it.

But how are you so sure they have a want for it and don't need it? Or couldn't it be both?

Even the word parasite implys some dependence upon something for survival at least in the animal kingdom sense of the word.

Please excuse me if I'm coming across as ignorant here, I'm just trying to figure things out.

No matter how much they need energy, there are plenty of means other than vampirism to get it. Sun! It puts out tremendous amounts of energy every second. Water! A good, long soak in the bath does so much to restore me. The air itself is one great resource of energy that is constantly around us. There's no excuse for saying they need to take energy from other people. If they can't get it just by being alive, they seriously need to examine themselves.  

Aesi

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:59 pm
EmeraldLadder
reagun ban
EmeraldLadder
reagun ban
EmeraldLadder

o.O

I think Emerald Ladder may be talking more about the possibility of energy drain without being conciously (spelling) aware that they are doing such a think. Even if such a thing is possiable (I am unconvinced of it being possiable or impossiable), it certainly dosen't make anything about the act forgivable.

If you have an emotional imbalance, and randomly go on a psycopathic rage and kill people without being aware of it...that dosen't mean that it's a forgivable action simply because they didn't realize what happened.

I think the idea of energy dependence being, in certain cases, being related to emotional disorders is an interesting theory, though it remains a theory. I'd be be very interested to see someone try and work with it (how the hell they would do it, I have no clue though).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff