Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
vegetarianism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:18 pm
One of my favourite foods is Foie Gras, guess which side I'm on..

rolleyes

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:15 pm
Unfortunately, all the arguments for vegetarianism fail, in my eyes, the moment they run across a Rare steak. Or Bacon. Or Gammon.

Even Corned Beef.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:26 pm
I don't spend that much time obsessing over other people's diets, although I see the arguments for ethical treatment of animals and I can see the reasons behind vegetarianism for some vegetarians.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:38 am
Erix Griffon
Unfortunately, all the arguments for vegetarianism fail, in my eyes, the moment they run across a Rare steak.

Same here. I see the reasoning, but I do love meat. I would also eat human, so I don't have flawed logic (unlike the people who would eat meat, but would not eat human).  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:42 am
A Lost Iguana
Erix Griffon
Unfortunately, all the arguments for vegetarianism fail, in my eyes, the moment they run across a Rare steak.

Same here. I see the reasoning, but I do love meat. I would also eat human, so I don't have flawed logic (unlike the people who would eat meat, but would not eat human).

Tell me, why is it flawed logic to eat meat but not human?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:25 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:34 am
A Lost Iguana
whapcapn
A Lost Iguana
Erix Griffon

Tell me, why is it flawed logic to eat meat but not human?

I should have qualified the statement, but you cannot separate humans from animals ethically. Either it is morally wrong to eat both, or it is not. You cannot make it morally incorrect to eat humans and not animals without appealing to the unfalsifiable (i.e. dodgy stuff like Aquinian logic�that animals have no soul so it is okay to do anything we like to them).

Could you suggest why is it morally wrong to eat humans, given the assumption that is morally correct to eat an animal?

Well, that is a point, I suppose. But the fact is that the real argument against eating meat is the of mistreatment of animals being farmed for meant; which is of course voidded if you eat Organic meat.
Besides, I wouldn't eat human because it spongifies your brain. Or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:08 am
Organic does not necessarily mean kind treatment for the animals. Though it is more probable.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Gaulia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:45 am
Anyone have any views on genetically modifying animals and plants? You've been using the word organic alot, but haven't really commented on, well, not organic things.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:45 am
Indie_Chick
Takazlemi
Smoky bacon and roast chicken flavoured crisps are vegetarian, isn't that an interesting peice of useless information.
yeah and cheese flavour doritos arent.
I'm not sure if walkers cheese and onion are they vegetarian didn't used to be, red smarties didn't used to be either.  

Blurred Intelligence

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:28 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:40 pm
Invictus_88

rolleyes
even when I was a carnivore I thought it was horrid how they made that. they get the geese to eat till their liver explodes. -shudder-  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:45 pm
Indie_Chick
Invictus_88

rolleyes
even when I was a carnivore I thought it was horrid how they made that. they get the geese to eat till their liver explodes. -shudder-

I think its too fatty/rich. It makes me feel sick. Large amounts of animal fat does that. At least I still have chocolate.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:59 pm
Invictus_88
Organic does not necessarily mean kind treatment for the animals. Though it is more probable.

I was under the impression that it did? Anyway, it's still better, not full of crap. Same goes for milk and milk prodducts.
Anyway, whatever you want. Meat which is certified to a certain standard of animals rights.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:22 am
I call myself a chickentarian.

The only meat I eat is chicken.

A. I hate the taste of fish

B. I feel sorry for all animals except chickens

C. chickens are stupid bastards and deserve to die

D. I'll eat a pidgeon if you give me the meat.

E. I would eat turkey but I think it tastes bad.

F. Still eat eggs and milk  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces