Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
British views on abortion. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:46 am
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
Arivel
Erix Griffon

Look at it this way. A 13 year old girl gets raped, and ends up getting pregnant. If she has the baby, her education will most likely go out the window, as she won't have the time or the money to go to school AND raise her baby. She'll also find it very hard to get a well-paying job. As she is alone, poor and far too young for motherhood, her child won't do too well out of it either. It'll be raised in relative poverty, and being only 13 years younger than its mother, she'll have a hard time controlling it. I'm not even going to go on with this example, you can clearly see it's heading nowhere good.

Ever heard of Adoption?
yes, but some are against that.

They prefer murder?
Well, the child might be unhappy living with adopted parents, and it'd cause hassle when they found out. I dont feel this way ( i cant be anti abortion and anti adoption) but i know some who do.

My grandparents are against my uncle adopting, but the girls he got were being abused, why should anyone be against their extracation?
I meant if the child is put up for adoption just because the mum doesnt want him/her, not if theyre being abused or anything

I know, I just thought I'd mention it...for the gold  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:50 am
Indie_Chick
a raped 12 year old should have an abortion, definitely, and so should one who wasnt raped. She's been stupid and got herself in a mess, but really se should get herself out of it.

Yeah. I think that anyone who's been raped should have an abortion - unless they actually feel that they can cope with the stress of actually having the baby. And hats off to anyone who does - that is a strong person.
Pregnant kids who weren't raped, I agree, should have an abortion. It's too young to have your hands tied down by a baby.

They should teach you something useful in school. The consequences of having a kid when you're still in your early teens being one of them.  

Gaulia

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:53 am
Gaulia
Indie_Chick
a raped 12 year old should have an abortion, definitely, and so should one who wasnt raped. She's been stupid and got herself in a mess, but really se should get herself out of it.

Yeah. I think that anyone who's been raped should have an abortion - unless they actually feel that they can cope with the stress of actually having the baby. And hats off to anyone who does - that is a strong person.
Pregnant kids who weren't raped, I agree, should have an abortion. It's too young to have your hands tied down by a baby.

They should teach you something useful in school. The consequences of having a kid when you're still in your early teens being one of them.

If you get pregnant at 12, it is your own fault, have the baby, put it up for adoption, and learn to to be so damn thick  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:56 am
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

If you get pregnant at 12, it is your own fault, have the baby, put it up for adoption, and learn to to be so damn thick
oh shutup you tosser.

I know several people (chavs, obviously) who have had abortions at 12. and hey werent raped. WHilst they are stupid, they arent ready for that. ANd I agree with gaulia that schools should teach more useful stuff like that.  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:59 am
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

I know several people (chavs, obviously) who have had abortions at 12. and hey werent raped. WHilst they are stupid, they arent ready for that. ANd I agree with gaulia that schools should teach more useful stuff like that.

If they are mature enough to have sex, then they are mature enough to have a child  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:01 am
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

If they are mature enough to have sex, then they are mature enough to have a child
Yes but they probably arent mature enough- they're just thick. And total slags. if they cant make sure they use a condom, then theyre not responsible enough for a baby  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:02 am
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

Yes but they probably arent mature enough- they're just thick. And total slags. if they cant make sure they use a condom, then theyre not responsible enough for a baby

Then why should the child die for their stupidity?  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:05 am
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

In order for the child to die for their stupidity, it would have to be born, THEN killed.

It's not a child until it's been born. It's just a ball of cells. Kids THINK they're responsible enough to have sex, but they're not. It's not only the parent who's going to suffer, it's the kid too. Why? Why put the kid through that?  

Gaulia

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:06 am
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

I'd quite frankly feel sorry for that child! A chavvy, irresponsible mum, not much income, and all the rest. even if the mum has the child, she should put him/her up for adoption.
Wouldnt it be odd having mum young enough to be your sister?  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:06 am
Gaulia
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

In order for the child to die for their stupidity, it would have to be born, THEN killed.

It's not a child until it's been born. It's just a ball of cells. Kids THINK they're responsible enough to have sex, but they're not. It's not only the parent who's going to suffer, it's the kid too. Why? Why put the kid through that?

Adopted kids are just as happy as those who live with their natural parents, often happier, as you don't get stuck with nutters if you are adopted. And life begins at conception, not birth  

and_solo_said

Gaulia

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:10 am
and_solo_said
Gaulia
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

Adopted kids are just as happy as those who live with their natural parents, often happier, as you don't get stuck with nutters if you are adopted. And life begins at conception, not birth

Technically, yes, it does.

What is it to you to live, though? To have your heart beating and lungs breathing, or experiencing things and feeling things, loving and being loved?

Also, adopted kids can go through quite a hassle and more often than not an identity crisis when they find out that the people who've brought them up aren't actually their parents. [Yes, I know, looking after a child and helping it grow up makes you a parent, not the giving birth part. But it still happens.]  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:11 am
and_solo_said
Gaulia
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

you can actually be adopted into an abusive family, you know.  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:12 am
Gaulia
and_solo_said
Gaulia
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick

oh shutup you tosser.

Technically, yes, it does.

What is it to you to live, though? To have your heart beating and lungs breathing, or experiencing things and feeling things, loving and being loved?

Also, adopted kids can go through quite a hassle and more often than not an identity crisis when they find out that the people who've brought them up aren't actually their parents. [Yes, I know, looking after a child and helping it grow up makes you a parent, not the giving birth part. But it still happens.]
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:13 am
Reply 1) Actually, children who have turmoil in the early stages of their life are happier, better adjusted, and less distraught when faced with change

Reply 2) Trust me, they ask you about everything. My aunt and uncle went to 5 court hearings, a month long investigation, and are still subject to interviews when the kids are legally theirs

and_solo_said

Gaulia

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:15 am
Alright, fine. So you want to put a kid through turmoil at the beginning of it's life so that it turns out better? Good parenting ahoy! rolleyes  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games