Name that Quote. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

white_stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:44 am
Hazerdous Spock
I GOT A REALLY SUPER EASY ONE THAT IF YOU CAN'T ANSWER....You don't DESERVE this guild.

"Beam me up, Mr. Scot."
Don't make it cout, it's so ridicilously easy.

Or,
"Set your phasers to...Kill..."

These will be counted as two seperate quotes, which means they're both worth 1 point each.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:31 pm
white_stranger
"Where have you been"
"Through the looking glass, Commander. It's good to be back."

Most likely the DS9 "Mirror, Mirror" episodes,
but I'm not sure which, or who said it....  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Kireii_Naomi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:36 am
Hazerdous Spock
I GOT A REALLY SUPER EASY ONE THAT IF YOU CAN'T ANSWER....You don't DESERVE this guild.

"Beam me up, Mr. Scot."

Or,
though i am unsure of the validity of such a claim, i have heard before that none have actually ever stated "Beam me up, Scotty".

perhaps this was a trick question? if not, which episode or movie was it stated?

as for the second, perhaps it was also a trick question? i find difficulty believing that anyone from the federation, the good guys, would actually want to kill rather than use the stun setting.

apologies in advance if i am incorrect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:51 am
Steel Sterling
white_stranger
"Where have you been"

Most likely the DS9 "Mirror, Mirror" episodes,
but I'm not sure which, or who said it....

Sorry but you have to name who said the quote for the point. You do however have the right episode. This one's still open people.  

white_stranger

white_stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:55 am
Kireii_Naomi
Hazerdous Spock

"Beam me up, Mr. Scot."

Or,
though i am unsure of the validity of such a claim, i have heard before that none have actually ever stated "Beam me up, Scotty".

perhaps this was a trick question? if not, which episode or movie was it stated?

as for the second, perhaps it was also a trick question? i find difficulty believing that anyone from the federation, the good guys, would actually want to kill rather than use the stun setting.

I agree with Kireii_Naomi. I am not sure this one is real. Perhaps you could pm me where you got the quote so I can tell that it is in fact real. Otherwise I will not count it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:16 am
white_stranger
Kireii_Naomi
Hazerdous Spock

"Beam me up, Mr. Scot."

Or,

I agree with Kireii_Naomi. I am not sure this one is real. Perhaps you could pm me where you got the quote so I can tell that it is in fact real. Otherwise I will not count it.

I think that they would have had their phasers on Kill durring a Borg encounter... I'm fairly certain that they did when Piccard first discovered them. As far as "Beam me up, Mr. Scott," Someone must have said it, somewhere, or it wouldn't be the great cliche we know and love.

In an attempt to not get off topic:

Emotions are alien to me. I'm a scientist.

My mom's got that on a t-shirt. xd  

Blacke Rose

Kireii_Naomi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Blacke Rose
white_stranger
Kireii_Naomi
Hazerdous Spock

"Beam me up, Mr. Scot."

Or,

I think that they would have had their phasers on Kill durring a Borg encounter... I'm fairly certain that they did when Piccard first discovered them. As far as "Beam me up, Mr. Scott," Someone must have said it, somewhere, or it wouldn't be the great cliche we know and love.
hmm...not too sure. As I stated before, I heard that nobody had ever really said that before, same as Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, Dear Watson". It was a fun little saying that peopel attached to their figure, though it was never truly said. Perhaps a fan said it, and it caught on.

as for the one about setting phasers to kill, it has the classic dramatic pause that everybody knows and loves Kirk for having. and if it was Kirk, I don't believe he would have ordered it to kill against the Borg, seeing as the Borg were not around back then.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:01 am
white_stranger
"Where have you been"
Still waiting for a guess on this one. If you need a hint. It was DS9 episode before season 5. And that's all I'm giving you.  

white_stranger

white_stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:03 am
I will also give another quote if you're still having trouble with the last one.

"I'm a doctor, not a botanist."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:17 pm
white_stranger
I will also give another quote if you're still having trouble with the last one.

Well, at least we can narrow it down to either Dr. McCoy or the Doctor... razz  

Ginga

Bored Summer Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:37 pm
white_stranger
"Where have you been"

Hmmm, It's one of the "Mirror, Mirror" DS9 episodes. I think it was Kira who said that to Sisko before he was promoted to captain. I might be wrong, since DS9 isn't the series I've watched the most. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:42 am
Bored Summer Girl
white_stranger
"Where have you been"

Hmmm, It's one of the "Mirror, Mirror" DS9 episodes. I think it was Kira who said that to Sisko before he was promoted to captain. I might be wrong, since DS9 isn't the series I've watched the most. sweatdrop
You're right. Kira did say this to Commander Sisko in the first crossover episode of DS9.  

white_stranger

white_stranger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:15 am
Ginga
white_stranger

I'll give you a hint. It's not McCoy or the Doctor from VOY. There are only two other doctor's it could be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:54 pm
white_stranger
Ginga
white_stranger

I'll give you a hint. It's not McCoy or the Doctor from VOY. There are only two other doctor's it could be.

I guess Bashir! razz In what episode, I couldn't even begin to tell you though.  

Ginga

white_stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:18 pm
Ginga
white_stranger
Ginga
white_stranger

I guess Bashir! razz In what episode, I couldn't even begin to tell you though.
It was Bashir. He said to Jadzia when she asked him to examine a sick plant that she had in "The Wire".  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff