arguing with christians..
  it's fun to prove that there's no god!
  it's mean to try and crush their beliefs
  poll whore!!
View Results

redtail2
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:05 am
i hate when people say "god exists because the bible says so." that's such a load of crap. the bible was written by man thousands of years ago to try and give answers to questions that at the time were not answerable. like "where do rainbows come from" back then "it's a miracle from god" now, we know it's just light refracting off of moisture in the air. no god involved. give it a little more time and we'll be able to prove there is no god with out a doubt. unfortunatly, even then people will still believe.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:46 am
redtail2
i hate when people say "god exists because the bible says so." that's such a load of crap. the bible was written by man thousands of years ago to try and give answers to questions that at the time were not answerable. like "where do rainbows come from" back then "it's a miracle from god" now, we know it's just light refracting off of moisture in the air. no god involved. give it a little more time and we'll be able to prove there is no god with out a doubt. unfortunatly, even then people will still believe.

i totally agree! domokun  

[x] Natasha [x]

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:08 pm
redtail2

Exactly. Most people I talk to use "The Bible" as their proof.

I can actually respect people that can admit that their religion is based off of faith and not proof. That's all religion is. Faith.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:53 pm
Jajauma Hime
redtail2

Exactly. Most people I talk to use "The Bible" as their proof.

I can actually respect people that can admit that their religion is based off of faith and not proof. That's all religion is. Faith.

my best friend uses the bible as her proof, i just laugh at her and tell her that even the catholic church says it's a work of fiction!  

[x] Natasha [x]

Bluuberry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:44 pm
But really religion doesn't only answer questions like ''Where do rainbows come from?'' we know the answer now, some stuff with light refracting of of airmoisture. But religion also answer many other questions, and some ppl being the ppl they are need answers they can comprehend easily cuz else they widen the hole of despair at the center of their ego's.

Example, ''Why? God.'' no need to explain further. And if you ask aggain you go and frickin burn forever and ever end ever evil evil . It keeps the people calm to think someone knows the answer.

Others can move beyond and still be happy at the center of their ego's. biggrin

I really like this guild!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:59 pm
my friend is driving me crazy! her only proof is the bible and when say to her that the catholic church says that the bible is a work of fiction she says "i'm not catholic, i'm protestant" AAAAAAAARGH!!!! anyone know anything i could say to her to possibly make her question her religion? or just a good comeback would be nice! >.<  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:24 am
How about "i don't give a ******** about your's or anyone else's religion so stop talking to me about it!" It should work.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:09 am
lol, i forgot to mention that she's easily offended! >.<  

[x] Natasha [x]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:49 am
I went to a Catholic school so I had a lot of arguements over the existence of God. I won almost all of them, the rest were with ignorant pricks and I just told them that they were cockrockers XDD.
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:02 am
>.< lol! julie rocks!!! woooooo!

(yeah, i'm a bit hyper! lol)  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:44 am
I went to a religios school aswell. I don't think it was catholic, I really couldn't say, but it was really wrong what they made us do. We always had to sing songs about god or jesus and we ad to say prayers (Or however you spell it) and one time 'cause I didn't say it I got a detention.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:47 am
i went to a church of england primary school...hymns and prayers every assembly...gah!  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:54 am
So you know what it was like then. Even though that stuff happens, I prefered that school to the one I'm in now.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:22 am
i had no friends in primary school! the school i'm at now is a lot better, even though i'm still a bit of an outcast  

[x] Natasha [x]

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 pm
I tried arguing with my dad about it once. There was a bunch of stuff i couldn't say ( he'd blow up cuz i'd be right) so it was really hard to do; everytime I made a point he'd be like "thats intolerant" or something like that. So basically i sat there for two hours listening to him dissing me and telling me to convert.

I don't have arguments with my friends because they are either agnostic, or we respect that we have different opinions and don't try to get the other to convert. Arguing with my dad has made me lose hope of winning an argument with someone like that anyway.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff