Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Just out of curiosity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:54 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
reagun ban
Sovereign of Darkness
reagun ban
Dulliath
Maybe I should call myself an M'notsheryet instead?

Made up term?
Google returns nothing and Wikipedia draws a blank.
"Am not sure yet" I believe. Phonetic group word, more likely than anything often used.

LOL
Dyslexia can be no fun.
And for some reason, I feel really bad now. confused

Put your mind at rest good sir.
Neither were you to know nor did I take offence.
I am sincerely amused at the inability that genetics or development has left me with because of times like this.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 am
eek oooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk  

Witchwolf

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:45 pm
Dulliath
I know that once initiated into a lineaged wiccan coven as a priest or priestess, someone can say they are wiccan. What do people call themselves if they are neophytes working towards being initiated into a lineaged coven? Do they have the right to at least say they are practicing the wiccan faith?

Well, since you asked, in my humble opinion, no. It is my belief that you are not yet practicing or even studying Wicca. The following is copied and pasted from my Wicca FAQ:

Quote:
I'm not yet Initiated, but I am absolutely positive that I will be someday! What should I call myself?

In the interest of honesty, I suggest that you do not deceive yourself or others by calling yourself "Wiccan" or "a Wiccan ______" (fill in the blank with whatever euphamism an eager seeker can dream up.) Otherwise, you may get off on the wrong foot with the very Wiccans that you seek, or confuse your fellow seekers! If you're already "Pagan," that was my label of choice for the years between when I decided I would seek Initiation and when it actually happened. With regards to Wicca, you may choose to call yourself a "seeker" of Wicca (current, favoured lingo,) in order to help us Wiccans understand that you are, indeed, seeking Initiation!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:39 pm
[Kudzu]
Dulliath
I know that once initiated into a lineaged wiccan coven as a priest or priestess, someone can say they are wiccan. What do people call themselves if they are neophytes working towards being initiated into a lineaged coven? Do they have the right to at least say they are practicing the wiccan faith?

Well, since you asked, in my humble opinion, no. It is my belief that you are not yet practicing or even studying Wicca. The following is copied and pasted from my Wicca FAQ:

Quote:
I'm not yet Initiated, but I am absolutely positive that I will be someday! What should I call myself?

In the interest of honesty, I suggest that you do not deceive yourself or others by calling yourself "Wiccan" or "a Wiccan ______" (fill in the blank with whatever euphamism an eager seeker can dream up.) Otherwise, you may get off on the wrong foot with the very Wiccans that you seek, or confuse your fellow seekers! If you're already "Pagan," that was my label of choice for the years between when I decided I would seek Initiation and when it actually happened. With regards to Wicca, you may choose to call yourself a "seeker" of Wicca (current, favoured lingo,) in order to help us Wiccans understand that you are, indeed, seeking Initiation!

*smacks head* You know, I read through your FAQ in Pathways a couple of weeks back. I have no excuse for why I didn't remember.
Thanks for reminding me.  

Dulliath

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas