Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek-is it going to dissapear??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will star trek be known only in legends 10 years from now?
  Nope-a new series of star trek will appear!
  It shall dissapear--*cries*
View Results

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:07 pm
It like lunch will never die  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:34 pm
Star Trek was suppose to die after the Origal Series was canceled. But it didn't. So I expect it will contenue for a long time.  

TiagoBrazil

Jean_Luc_Picard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:54 am
it has been said by paramount that they will no longer make any more tv serieses but there is one more movie forshure  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:57 pm
Someone, somewhere will figure how to recreate the series in a beneficial way, stick with the instrumental as the opening song, and stick true to the roots.
Then the director of media sales will shoot them down. And there will be much rejoicing in corporate america.

Not really, but nonetheless I can see trek fading. but hey, there was a bit of a fade ater TNG, right? So perhaps the producers are merely waiting until the failure of enterprise is forgotten.  

Mitra

Contralto in a Corset

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:31 pm
Jean_Luc_Picard
it has been said by paramount that they will no longer make any more tv serieses but there is one more movie forshure
Where did they say they weren't going to make any more Episodes?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:29 pm
Mitra
Someone, somewhere will figure how to recreate the series in a beneficial way, stick with the instrumental as the opening song, and stick true to the roots.
Then the director of media sales will shoot them down. And there will be much rejoicing in corporate america.

Not really, but nonetheless I can see trek fading. but hey, there was a bit of a fade ater TNG, right? So perhaps the producers are merely waiting until the failure of enterprise is forgotten.

Maybe if people had given Enterprise a chance it wouldn't have been a flop. But no people wanted a series that was after Voyager's time. I personally like Enterprise.  

TiagoBrazil

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:09 pm
I don't think it will disappear. It will still be around and what not but there wont be any new shows or anything. They'll be re-runs and most likely still remain a collector's item.

Enterprise I didn't like as much because I personally felt that it wasn't the same or had the upbeat of the past Star Treks.

But it doesn't mean the series would be gone forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:55 pm
Se Ga Takai

Star Trek: Klingon Empire

Produced by JOSS WHEDON

How could that NOT Rock?!

Oh dude, I am so there with you! Everything Joss touches turns to gold anyway, so I wouldn't mind him having a spin at ol' Trekkiwoo... And it's high time the Klingons got their own show (said the girl who was reading "The Klingon Way" this morning before work...)!  

Farthingale

7,575 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jadeel Odan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:40 pm
As someone that has seen the original series Star Trek when it was fresh and new to the world. I will let you know that I don't see it ever dying. It will make changes it will adapted. If it dies, it will because the fans have lost the interest in it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:53 pm
Jadeel Odan
If it dies, it will because the fans have lost the interest in it.
ROFL. Not Happening xd  

Contralto in a Corset

Pherfiniel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:09 pm
It's never going to go away. Dude, they still have multiple channels showing TOS (at least 4 by my TV's count). There's still conventions. I can't say for fact, but I heard a rumour of a comic book coming, and I'm not sure if they said it was about Klingons or if it was written in Klingon.
I'm like, a second generation Trekkie. I guess I might be third as far as TOS goes. And there will be generations to follow.

Star Trek is immortal. It's not going away any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:29 pm
I highly doubt it will die anytime soon. If it does die, well, I'll be dead by then so no problem for me there. But I plan on raising my kids to love Star Trek.

What if Star Trek went on for hunderds, or even thousands of years like the myths passed down to us from the great civilizations of the past. surprised  

Raining_Stardust

Aged Ladykiller

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100

Jadeel Odan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 pm
To be honest, I don't see Star Trek ever going away. . in one shape or another. .. it will always be there. It is going to be like Beethoven's music, people will be watching hundreds of years, just like people listen to Beethoven's music today. So, it really won't die.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:31 pm
star trek will never die, i mainly say that becuse star trek is changeing from sci-fi to science fact. trek gave us beepers, cell phones, transporters (yes they are working on long distance transports, they have moved a block 1' so they are working on it). trek might die as a show but will live as real life.  

osaka 01

3,800 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

~frozen~illusions~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:55 pm
Star Trek cannot die crying It just can't.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff